Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times

Advertisements

....almost 100% when it comes to personality and about 70% for looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Who View Post
Yes and Yes!

Making a lot of money will allow you to enjoy sex with the most beautiful women regardless of looks and personality. The only women who will disagree are the unattractive ones.

Have you seen the rapper lil Wayne, his women are hott.

Also, women for the most part don't care how you make your money either, as long as you have it, you're in there.
Sometimes it takes a lot, but at some point, you're 100% correct.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
As long as the guys got a decent personality, money trumps looks and everything else. I say this from experience. The only exception I've found is when in your late teens, hot girls go for looks then because all of the guys their age are broke.
Are their parents also broke? When I was in college, many of the girls really wanted a relationship with their potential Father in law!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
People have a tendency to dwell on their perceived disadvantages. Unattractive looks, height, lack of personality, etc. Everyone has things that work against them in the dating world. But usually, it's the insecurity over those things that ends up hurting them the most.....
Those "new age" books you've been reading will rot your brain.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:18 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
If it makes you feel better to believe that the reason you are not getting women is your lack of money, then, believe that. You are so off base, though that is not even funny. Also, what about the women that have their own money? They obviously don't need a guy for that.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

At least he is reading, rather than trotting out the same old argument. Every time there is a thread involving women and money the same posters say the same things...with no evidence to support their theories.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Not at all. He's right. You made your bed and you will lay in it. Period.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I'm tired of being judged on my looks or personality. I'm wondering if there's a point where I earn so much that women will like me regardless of the other two traits.

Looks is 90% genetic, and gym won't help if your face is ugly. Personality is just about playing games which is stupid. The personality you have dealing with your boss or friends is usually not the right one to use against girls. I'm not interested in wasting time on improving my "game".

I feel that if I'm a successful person then I should also get the girls. But it seems that the skills required to get girls is totally different from the skills required for the rest of life. So I'm wondering if it's true that if I'm successful then I'll have girls going after me. Honestly, I'm not hot nor do I have a charming personality.
If your really that ugly. Getting plastic surgery will not matter. Your children will come out looking as ugly as you. And is that fair? Nope. Ugly people should not reproduce. So now that you KNOW you are ugly. Don't have children.

And by the way. People look at you; the way you look at yourself.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's fine if that's who you want to be, but your boast about being able to get laid faster than anyone here is meaningless, then.
Not meaningless. More like laughable. People who boast about how often or how easy they get sex tend to be all talk.

Quote:
It always amazes me when people dismiss the obvious as some "new age" concept. You can sit around feeling sorry for yourself because of your height, your looks or a hundred other things you think are causing women to reject you. But when you're done crying about it and bashing women for having standards that you don't meet, guess what? You'll still be exactly where you started. Bitter and insecure. I'm not tall and I'm sure women have rejected me for it. But I don't dwell on it. Instead I focus on making the most of what I have to work with, not doing what so many guys on this forum do, which is bash women for daring to want a guy who's tall or good looking.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:15 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
I think society has to re-evaluate the concept of dating.

what I mean by that is that it's seen as socially acceptable to date, or to be on the hunt/lookout. People who don't date, even if it's out of choice, are looked down on as being weird or abnormal. this is one of the affects of modern pop culture on our society, since the common/mainstream attitude is that it's a firm norm to date. This IMO is the reason why people feel bad for not being desirable dating material, since society to them places value on being sexually/romantically desirable.

I think though that dating is subjective. I think there is a common attitude of attractiveness/dating desirability. A 300 pound woman is not commonly seen as being attractive. However, there is simultaneously a lot of subjectivity. some men like boobs, others go for specific ethnicities, others go for status, others go for personality traits. Those who don't meet the common dating standards should seek out their relative niche, since dating tastes differ.

Other than that, perhaps some people should acknowledge that dating is not for them, and resist the common/colloquial attitude that somebody should date, or that contentment and self-esteem should come alone from being sexually/romantically desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships