Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,813 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of being judged on my looks or personality. I'm wondering if there's a point where I earn so much that women will like me regardless of the other two traits.

Looks is 90% genetic, and gym won't help if your face is ugly. Personality is just about playing games which is stupid. The personality you have dealing with your boss or friends is usually not the right one to use against girls. I'm not interested in wasting time on improving my "game".

I feel that if I'm a successful person then I should also get the girls. But it seems that the skills required to get girls is totally different from the skills required for the rest of life. So I'm wondering if it's true that if I'm successful then I'll have girls going after me. Honestly, I'm not hot nor do I have a charming personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM

23 posts, read 34,611 times
What are you looking for? What kind of girl you wanna get?

If you're not good looking guy, there are millions of unnatractive girls. Date within your league

Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
How much can money replace looks/personality in dating?
Im sure its different for most women than it is for most guys, but for me, money just CANNOT replace looks/personality when it comes to dating.

Id take the hot possibly illegal Mexican chick with the smokin' body, sweet smile and bubbly personality who works the drive through at McDonalds over an ugly elephantitis faced mean chick who has a face like Ernest Borgnine and milllions of dollars in the bank.

To make it even more simple, I'll take a young, cute, good looking, sweet Starbucks Barista chick over an ugly rich chick any day of the week.

So, what I am saying is no amount of money can make an ugly chick more attractive or even as attractive as a good looking chick with great personality.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
The people I am attracted to are not necessarily the ones that the world would be calling attractive. I make that judgment not just based on their looks but on the whole package. If someone is a jerk, the amount of money they make can't change that.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
Don't care about looks. But you have to have a personality.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
I'm tired of being judged on my looks or personality. I'm wondering if there's a point where I earn so much that women will like me regardless of the other two traits.

Looks is 90% genetic, and gym won't help if your face is ugly. Personality is just about playing games which is stupid. The personality you have dealing with your boss or friends is usually not the right one to use against girls. I'm not interested in wasting time on improving my "game".

I feel that if I'm a successful person then I should also get the girls. But it seems that the skills required to get girls is totally different from the skills required for the rest of life. So I'm wondering if it's true that if I'm successful then I'll have girls going after me. Honestly, I'm not hot nor do I have a charming personality.
Ugly people can always get plastic surgery. That's where your success and money comes in. You can always change your personality to be nicer, even if it is only to one person (your date).

I'm successful and good looking but I didn't have any game when I was single. That's because I choose to have a crappy personality.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:

What do your guy friends think of you? What about girls? What kind of work do you do?

Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,033 times
Every woman has a price.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:45 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:

Why not be the best you can be in all those categories (appearance, personality, success, etc.)?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 AM

404 posts, read 701,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg Martinez View Post
If you're not good looking guy, there are millions of unnatractive girls. Date within your league
And the point of dating someone you find unattractive is...?

Some people keep saying things like this which have no sense. Suppose you have a group with 2 men and 2 women. One of each (1 man, 1 woman) are ugly and the other 2 are attractive. Do you think that the ugly girl will feel attracted by the ugly guy, and viceversa? Of course not: both guys want the cute girl and both women want the hot guy. That's how the world works and you can go check it in any group of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Why not be the best you can be in all those categories (appearance, personality, success, etc.)?
Well, that can be a good try. The shame is that for some people, even being their best is not enough. That's when people start becoming bitter, by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships