Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 PM

570 posts, read 882,544 times

Advertisements

I'm the type of person that will throw things away or give them away if I know there is a good probability I won't use the things within the next 6 months or so... hell, within even the next 2 weeks or so..

I hate clutter.

I believe that material possessions are traps.

I hate jewelry/watches, b.c there is no practical uses for them. A cell phone has practical uses. The only time you should own a watch , is if you refuse to own a cell phone.

I've lived with people that never threw much away. They'd say, "what if I need that sometime" , or "that could be worth money someday" ...

I believe that freedom = nothing to lose.

The more crap you have, the more loans you have, the less free you are.

If a woman ever tried putting me into big debt for dumb possessions, she would not be my woman.

Your thoughts? Funny stories, or experiences? You have hoarding tendencies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Watches have no practical use? What are you smoking? They tell time. Some people have manners and don't pull out their phones when they are in the company of friends and business associates... and you don't have to turn them off when you get on an airplane.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
I watch the shows on hoarders and am fascinated as it is the antithesis of myself. Once, all my possessions where in two suitcases and I loved it!

I would never put up with it. Definitely a dealbreaker for me. Btw, I can't get over how mean they can be. Oh sure they cry about their situation but when it comes down to doing something about it, they are stubborn & quite evil choosing things over relationships.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Watches have no practical use? What are you smoking? They tell time. Some people have manners and don't pull out their phones when they are in the company of friends and business associates... and you don't have to turn them off when you get on an airplane.

What are you smoking?

People will notice if you are looking at your watch as well. If you own a cell phone, there is no reason to own a watch. All cell phones in operation have a "silent mode". People only own watches to look like their time is important, and unfortunately too many people believe the hype.

If you are on an airplane, what the F*#* does the time matter? You are going to be stuck in the sky until the pilot says you land..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I'm the type of person that will throw things away or give them away if I know there is a good probability I won't use the things within the next 6 months or so... hell, within even the next 2 weeks or so..

I hate clutter.

I believe that material possessions are traps.

I hate jewelry/watches, b.c there is no practical uses for them. A cell phone has practical uses. The only time you should own a watch , is if you refuse to own a cell phone.

I've lived with people that never threw much away. They'd say, "what if I need that sometime" , or "that could be worth money someday" ...

I believe that freedom = nothing to lose.

The more crap you have, the more loans you have, the less free you are.

If a woman ever tried putting me into big debt for dumb possessions, she would not be my woman.

Your thoughts? Funny stories, or experiences? You have hoarding tendencies?
I don't seem to mind it. It helps considerably if they are NEATLY organized though. Any mechanic or someone who works with their hands is a hoarder in some shape or fashion. If you buy a 250' roll of 12-2 romex and only use 30', are you throwing away the other 220'? Hell no, it's expensive because of the copper. I could do a little quiz if I wanted to see who was lying in that Man thread if I wanted! LOL "What is 12-2 romex? How much is a 250' roll? What rating is 12-2 good for"? LOL Yeah, caught ya again, didn't I? LOL What about tools? A cell phone isn't good for vibration ie using a Sawzall or banging with a hammer. How are you going to dunk a cell phone while fishing or putting your boat back on or taking it off the trailer? They are NOT waterproof! I like girls who are into music. Some of those ALBUMS are very rare and collectible. YouTube and Ipod doesn't count! Music lovers have sh8tloads!

Last edited by Axle grease; 01-22-2011 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
What are you smoking?

People will notice if you are looking at your watch as well. If you own a cell phone, there is no reason to own a watch. All cell phones in operation have a "silent mode". People only own watches to look like their time is important, and unfortunately too many people believe the hype.

If you are on an airplane, what the F*#* does the time matter? You are going to be stuck in the sky until the pilot says you land..
Why so angry?

I don't own a watch now, but in the past I needed one because using my phone wasn't practical. I wore a cheap watch because I broke them frequently.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Why so angry?

I don't own a watch now, but in the past I needed one because using my phone wasn't practical. I wore a cheap watch because I broke them frequently.
LOL You can tell a lot about a man with his watch. Who needs a watch like this? Sportsman, divers, and anyone who beats the crap out of one at work. This is a favo at work. You WON'T EVER break it! Classic - GIEZ - Limited - Master of G - MTG | Casio - G-Shock

Old 01-22-2011, 11:32 PM

^^^^ That was a Christmas, Birthday or whatever day hint for ya SD!!! Just helping a brother out! LOL

Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Why so angry?

I understand your point. However, jobs that would require a watch for easier time telling add up to not many. . . when a cell phone is not practical is the minority...

I'm talking about people that wear watches out to dinner, out to the club, out to church, out to wherever a watch wouldn't be needed...

Many people still wear watches even though there is no real practical use for them. If you actually do have a REAL practical use for them, my peace be with you!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
^^^^ That was a Christmas, Birthday or whatever day hint for ya SD!!! Just helping a brother out! LOL
LOL

Wonder how it would hold up against hyper dogs and cement block walls....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships