Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:55 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,257 times

Advertisements

Same old same old...day after day. A lot of marriages and long term relationships can become boring and bland and predictable after awhile...Everyone does what is expected and plays out their assigned roles....It's fun to step out of character once in awhile and "surprise" our partners and even our friends. Don't you think?...Doing the "unexpected" versus being "the same" all the time...I guess it's hard for some people to take risks and vary from the "norm." Why? What are they afraid of?...Maybe romance dies off in marriages because partners don't offer each other any "surprises." What do you think?....Predictability and boredom sets in and everything becomes "old hat." I think it's important for spouses to continue growing as individuals through the years because this keeps a marriage fresh and alive and interesting. How do you feel about it? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Same old same old...day after day. A lot of marriages and long term relationships can become boring and bland and predictable after awhile...Everyone does what is expected and plays out their assigned roles....It's fun to step out of character once in awhile and "surprise" our partners and even our friends. Don't you think?...Doing the "unexpected" versus being "the same" all the time...I guess it's hard for some people to take risks and vary from the "norm." Why? What are they afraid of?...Maybe romance dies off in marriages because partners don't offer each other any "surprises." What do you think?....Predictability and boredom sets in and everything becomes "old hat." I think it's important for spouses to continue growing as individuals through the years because this keeps a marriage fresh and alive and interesting. How do you feel about it? Thanks.
If I were hypothetically in a loving marriage with that special someone, I would love her way too much, to take her for granted or for things to become boring or predictable, to me. For me, every day with her, would be just as special as the very first day I married her and said "I do."

So, not really seriously worried, about the above quoted portion

Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,867 times
Quote:
i think you are dead on nuts right. my wife and i have been talking lately about "doing some stuff" now we just have to do it.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
I think variety is the spice of life not only with a significant other but with friends too. It can become a daily grind for some with work, home, kids , etc.. before you know it you lose yourself so I do agree that it's nice and healthy to surprise each other or do something out of the ordinary just to keep things a little lively.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Just be careful not to make TOO radical a surprise - you'll just add to the divorce stats.

"But Snookums - I TOLD you I'd be bringing home a blonde midget!"

Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just be careful not to make TOO radical a surprise - you'll just add to the divorce stats.

LOL! ROTFL

Old 01-20-2011, 08:29 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,257 times
I think couples have to work at remaining "interesting" to each other. It's not just about how we look on the "outside" but who we are on the "inside." Don't you think?...My husband was full of "surprises" through the years...He had lots of hidden talents and skills and I did too...We had a chance to see more and more "sides" to each other and it was exciting. Neither one of us got bored and we didn't go looking elsewhere for excitement. But my first marriage was different. Boredom set in...There was never anything "new" to look forward to around the corner. Life stopped being fun and exciting.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

hey, hey watch it with the language there!!!! it's fair haired, not blonde. gotta be politically correct these days ya know.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
I think couples have to work at remaining "interesting" to each other. It's not just about how we look on the "outside" but who we are on the "inside." Don't you think?...My husband was full of "surprises" through the years...He had lots of hidden talents and skills and I did too...We had a chance to see more and more "sides" to each other and it was exciting. Neither one of us got bored and we didn't go looking elsewhere for excitement. But my first marriage was different. Boredom set in...There was never anything "new" to look forward to around the corner. Life stopped being fun and exciting.

We can't be entertained everyday.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:44 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,618,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
hey, hey watch it with the language there!!!! it's fair haired, not blonde. gotta be politically correct these days ya know.
Oops - sorry.

"But Snookums - I TOLD you I was bringing home a fair-haired, vertically-challenged female!"

...*sigh*...just doesn't have the same punch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships