Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 PM

142 posts, read 238,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
That's the thing I'm not really looking for anything in particular. I just want to go out, have a good time, sex and see where it all goes.
Well now you know.

In future if you want to avoid uncertain destinations, set out with some idea of where you want to end up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I've just started dating this guy... it's been what a week or two... and already he's falling. I can see it and sense it and well he's told me too. Thankfully he hasn't said anything crazy like "I love you" but still his emotions seem to be running deep.

Now I'm fresh out of a long relationship and not really looking to jump right back into another... and this new guy knows that but eh I guess when you fall you fall.

Anyways he's wanting more time and saying those sweet nothings and it's feels good but I'm not there yet... you know?

What to do?

Break up with him
Let him find someone who can love him back
Just tell him your not looking for love and if he is your not the one.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
He is falling in love with the * idea * of you. He cannot love you because he has not spent enough TIME with you to know if he loves you.

Love is a process and takes time. After you have both weathered many obstacles and learned to be together, then and only then can he start to feel the true feelings of love.

This is a RED FLAG ! Sure he should like you and enjoy you as he gets to know you but if he is RUSHING things, there is a good reason. He may be insecure, abusive, a loser, a loner, a narcisstic, someone that does not want to be alone, someone who has BIG issues ( which you will find out about )

Tell him to SLOW down !

Don't take every offer of every date. Don't take every phone call. Don't let him rush you into bed. Slowwwwwwwwwwwww it down !

Nothing is accomplished in a warp speed relationship except CRASH and BURN !

I guarantee it .

Old 01-24-2011, 03:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
whatever happened to good 'ol harmless male attention getting and then delving into dating when you're emotionally ready?

I've done the dating before I'm ready and all it did was put me in a position where I somehow led the guy on. Its not fun feeling like a jerk. They say guilt is the most horrible feeling in the world and I believe it! You will feel guilt eventually, on top of the heartbreak you're feeling...just warning you.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
"Falling in love" is specifically a sex-linked erotic experience.

We fall in love only when we are consciously or unconsciously sexually motivated.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:43 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro View Post
Maybe not what you expect — I believe this is a male-male relationship.
WHAT!!!!???!!!

"HAND ME THAT SHOVEL!!!"

Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
You already know what you should do.

If you ignore that inner voice, expect a lot of drama and angst to follow.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSB13 View Post
One question: Have you had sex yet?

If yes: then he is falling for you and likes you for real reasons.

If no: then have sex with him and his tone will change very quickly.
Oh please Not every guy is after "tail" first, in wanting to be loved by, or as an ulterior motive for, that special sweetie's heart. C'mon now...

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That would work on most men. It's just that the usual roles in this case are reversed.
IMO, that is the antithesis, of real romantic love...it would most certainly *not* work on me, as it would only leave me feeling empty and hollow, in my heart...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-25-2011 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
"Falling in love" is specifically a sex-linked erotic experience.

We fall in love only when we are consciously or unconsciously sexually motivated.
I emphatically and profoundly disagree, with the bolded above statement. Physical motivation distinguishes family love from spousal love; nothing more. But it is entirely possible to "fall in love", sans mere erotic reasons -- such as when they totally and completely capture your heart, or vice versa.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-25-2011 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Corrected spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships