Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:04 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

After reading another post it became evident to me that this would be a good question to post and find out what others think or have done. Here is the scenario but others scenarios may apply.

Example 1: A guy smooth talks his way into a girls life and ends up sleeping with her several times. She is in love with him because she has no reason not to believe he doesn't love her. He then smooths talks his way into her best friends bed and sleeps with her. I would assume that this is a smart girl that just learned a lesson about the guy and drops him. Does she drop the best friend as well?

Example 2: A guy has been dating a girl for close to a year or more. he treats her well and everything appears to look as they are in a very good relationship. Over time he hits it off with his girl friends best friend and they end up sleeping with each other.

A: Do you keep the boy friend and drop the best friend?

B: Do you keep the best friend and drop the boy friend?

C: Do you keep them both close and forgive them?

D: Do you drop them both and move on?

Example 3: Similar to the above with the exception that you are now married to the former boyfriend and have been for some time. You also have a couple kids. The indiscetion happens after you have been married for some time

A: Do you forgive them and keep your marriage going hoping that it will get stronger?

B: Do you keep the marriage untill the kids are grown and then tell him he can kiss your tail end good by?

C: Do you keep the best friend and lose the husband

Feel free to leave other solutions. Also this can be reversed if a similar situation would apply such as a girl friend or wife and a best friend of the guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
After reading another post it became evident to me that this would be a good question to post and find out what others think or have done. Here is the scenario but others scenarios may apply.

Example 1: A guy smooth talks his way into a girls life and ends up sleeping with her several times. She is in love with him because she has no reason not to believe he doesn't love her. He then smooths talks his way into her best friends bed and sleeps with her. I would assume that this is a smart girl that just learned a lesson about the guy and drops him. Does she drop the best friend as well?

Example 2: A guy has been dating a girl for close to a year or more. he treats her well and everything appears to look as they are in a very good relationship. Over time he hits it off with his girl friends best friend and they end up sleeping with each other.

A: Do you keep the boy friend and drop the best friend?

B: Do you keep the best friend and drop the boy friend?

C: Do you keep them both close and forgive them?

Example 3: Similar to the above with the exception that you are now married to the former boyfriend and have been for some time. You also have a couple kids. The indiscetion happens after you have been married for some time

A: Do you forgive them and keep your marriage going hoping that it will get stronger?

B: Do you keep the marriage untill the kids are grown and then tell him he can kiss your tail end good by?

C: Do you keep the best friend and lose the husband

Feel free to leave other solutions. Also this can be reversed if a similar situation would apply such as a girl friend or wife and a best friend of the guys.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Example 19, a squid kisses it's best friend and the moon turns purple... LOL sorry you listed a lot of scenarios. If I liked both of them, I think I'd remain friendly with both of them, but not be romantically involved with the guy.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Both go in both cases.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:22 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Both go in both cases.
^^^What she said.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:30 PM

359 posts, read 658,311 times
Get George Costanza to work out how it's done. Menage a trois.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
If your friend doesn't know you know they cheated on you....tell them in confidence that you just got tested HIV+ and are just devastated.

LMAO.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,376 times
Drop all cheating people period. Once a cheater always a cheater. ALso go get some therapy bc I think she coulda seen this coming a mile away. The fact that she still has doubts about dropping them indicates to me that shes a moron.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Whatever the circumstances, ditch them both.

Ok now that's I've read it all I still think the same.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:43 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,539 times
I wouldn't treat the BF or best friend any differently. Both chose to cheat. Clearly their regard for their friend/girlfriend isn't very high. Best to leave them to each other and move forward with your life.

I think the answer changes somewhat once marriage and kids have been involved... at that point I think you have more to lose and you have to ask yourself if the good things about your spouse outweigh the bad, if the potential for loss if you divorce is more than the cost of trying to save the marriage when possible. Some people make a stupid mistake and can correct that and later be a better partner. Others are serial cheaters. Depends on the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships