Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times

Advertisements

I need keep reading you need more time. You don't need more time. Time isn't going to change your feelings. What time really means in this situation is things change. Its not your feelings are going to magically change over a period of time.

I've done stuff with chicks that were friends and it got awkward for a good while. We didn't see each other for a good while. Not because I knew time was going too help but because both of us moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 AM

108 posts, read 181,926 times
But time will allow the situations to change, right? Of course my feelings won't magically change. I may find someone new, or my mindset may slowly (or quickly) change.

Nevertheless, would you agree that I ought to minimise contact with her as much as possible, at least for the time being?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
My point time isn't going to change it, you need to change it. You need to change your routine instead of looking at calendar hoping your feelings change.

I wouldn't be a jerk too her but I would avoid her until you get past the feelings you have. I've actually been your positions before in high school...10th grade.

Everyone was telling me this chick I was real good friends with started to like me. Asked her out...she said no. It was awkward for a few weeks and I didn't want to talk too her. I got over it and acted like nothing happen. However, its hard to act like nothing happen when you haven't done anything to move on since you asked her out.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:06 AM

Okay -- I see what you're saying. Of course I won't be a jerk to her about it.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
My point time isn't going to change it, you need to change it. You need to change your routine instead of looking at calendar hoping your feelings change.

I wouldn't be a jerk too her but I would avoid her until you get past the feelings you have. I've actually been your positions before in high school...10th grade.

Everyone was telling me this chick I was real good friends with started to like me. Asked her out...she said no. It was awkward for a few weeks and I didn't want to talk too her. I got over it and acted like nothing happen. However, its hard to act like nothing happen when you haven't done anything to move on since you asked her out.
agreed.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:28 AM

I guess the question then becomes: what can I do to move on instead of just waiting for the feelings to dissipate?

Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
love your own damn life make yourself happy

Old 01-29-2011, 10:52 PM

29 posts, read 38,140 times
You keep using the term friend but to me it doesn't sound like you consider her your friend at all. She's a quality friend who genuinely cares for you, and yet you're trying to cut her out of your life in order to "move on." That's not friendship. You had the hots for one of your "friends" and got rejected and now you're abandoning that friendship. Kinda sad. Best thing to do is to suck up your hurt feelings and continue being good friends with her. If not, then were you really ever good friends with her in the first place...?

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
It seems as though trying to be friends with her is going to be difficult, so you need to decide whether you can TRULY deal with the feelings and emotions that will come with being around a friend who once rejected you. If you can't, then you need to cut all contact with her immediately. It isn't going to be easy-peasy and there is no cut-and-dry method to dealing with it. Do know that if you continue to be friends with her, the chances of those feelings re-surfacing are very high.

There were some posts above about the amount of time to get over it. Though I think the feelings subside over time, I don't think you truly ever get over things that were emotional and/or important to you. How often do we hear people talk about never getting over their first true love, or a spouse who passed away? It will never go away...which might make being friends with her difficult.

But anyways, the first thing you need to do is stop thinking about it. Stop analyzing. And not to be rude - but stop posting about her on the forum lol You aren't going to begin to get over the situation if you don't stop asking how to handle the situation, right?

Good luck.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzio1 View Post
I guess the question then becomes: what can I do to move on instead of just waiting for the feelings to dissipate?
If she is the first girl that you have had true feeling for, you will never forget her....

You will move on with your life and it will be a good life, but she will always be there, and that's not a bad thing .....

I still remember Sandra.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships