Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times

Advertisements

We have a rule here at work. Do not f*ck, sleep with,date,fall in love with,or otherwise become romantically involved with coworkers. If you do, one of you is losing your job! I think it is a very good rule and helps keep the drama out of the workplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM

29 posts, read 36,256 times
Yeah, i agree with that.. actually im at work right now and his working station is just in front of me. *sigh* it's his last day today... hope i'll be able to move on now..

Old 01-30-2011, 05:06 AM

530 posts, read 779,758 times
I will tell you the same thing I told my Oh-so-heart-broken-neice, spend some quality time with YOU. Do the things you enjoy, find new hobbies and meet people. Take a few days to do the boo-hoo thing then get up put on your make-up do your hair and forget him, life is too short with far too many adventures to be had wasting puffy eyed. The good lord did not break the mold after he made that one so relax.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:21 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
The heartbreak takes time. It will heal. Him moving on will be good for you. Take your time healing. When it feels right start to date again.

I have a rule about dating a co-worker. It is a major no no. Just steer clear of it.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:39 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Let him go.

And move on.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, realize you don't deserve what happened to you, and that life is not fair, but that's OK.

And don't be such a sucker next time.

There's no way to do it but to do it. Move on and don't look back.

In time, the "V" thing won't be a big deal. Practically no one these days ends up with the person they first have sex with. It's not going to be a big deal in 50 years when you and your loving husband are retiring and playing with your grandkids.

It's a speedbump, not a tragedy, and it only has as much significance to your life as YOU give it.

So it's up to you. Decide to be happy, and you will be.
This is great advice and so true. When my heart was decimated, I couldn't see my way out of it either, but if you take it one day at a time you will get through it. You need to throw yourself into your work, do things that make you happy, and use this time to make your life what you want it to be. Once you do this you'll realize that this guy wasn't worthy of you and you deserve so much more.

When you are ready to date again you'll know it, but take it slow. Enjoy the whole dating/courtship process, it's supposed to be fun. You are 23 years old, so you have plenty of time to find Mr. Right. Just make sure you know what you are looking for so you won't be fooled again. Absolutely do not jump into bed with anyone until you know you can handle it and you know he is a good man not a player. Best wishes.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 AM

Thank you guys!!! sigh* he gave me a hug after he left and he told me that he was sorry for hurting me.. he even told me that i may find the right guy for me.. i was crying while at work and everybody was looking at me. I hope i can have myself back someday.. I keep on reading your advices here coz it makes me tough. Thanks!!!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I will tell you the same thing I told my Oh-so-heart-broken-neice, spend some quality time with YOU. Do the things you enjoy, find new hobbies and meet people. Take a few days to do the boo-hoo thing then get up put on your make-up do your hair and forget him, life is too short with far too many adventures to be had wasting puffy eyed. The good lord did not break the mold after he made that one so relax.

Yeah... too much for puffy eyed. My eyes are getting dehydrated already. Hope that i'll be able to move on now... thanks. *sigh is it normal to hate men after break up? i don't even entertain guys because i hate them.. I dunno why i have this feeling.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,490 times
There's alot of guys in this world, just get another one.
smh..........Pathetic.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_chick View Post
Yeah... too much for puffy eyed. My eyes are getting dehydrated already. Hope that i'll be able to move on now... thanks. *sigh is it normal to hate men after break up? i don't even entertain guys because i hate them.. I dunno why i have this feeling.
Not every man out there is like that. And what your feeling is normal. Don't be in any sort of rush.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_chick View Post
Please anyone wanna help how to get over a break up? This guy left me twice and now it's for real. he hurt me again and i don't know how to move on. We used to live in one roof, we're also office mates but he's about to quit next week. It will hurt me big time seeing him leaving... and one thing, I've given up my white flag to him.
Just meet new people. That's the best way. You might meet somebody that you like more than your ex. Then you will forget all about your ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships