U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 PM

881 posts, read 1,017,932 times

Advertisements

I really want a guys true opinion, like think of your little sister asking you....

If someone was with a new girlfriend, and their ex fling is texting them every day, they still both call each other baby, and say love you and miss you and xo's etc..... But it is not hidden and he says he loves her the same as his two guy roommates etc, because she has been his sisters friend for years, what would you tell her to do????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 05:52 PM

5,722 posts, read 9,015,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
I really want a guys true opinion, like think of your little sister asking you....

If someone was with a new girlfriend, and their ex fling is texting them every day, they still both call each other baby, and say love you and miss you and xo's etc..... But it is not hidden and he says he loves her the same as his two guy roommates etc, because she has been his sisters friend for years, what would you tell her to do????

That's a little much IMHO. (But I'm not one of those 'sensitive types')

Friends with Ex's... Yep.
(Talk every couple weeks etc.)

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 PM

thats what I thought....

Was just wanting to see if I was being insecure, or jealouse..... Or more like what I thought, a fool, a doormat, a stupid idiot...

Well... This is gonna be a sad and sticky one to back out of.

Guess it was never meant to be.... Oh well, plenty of fish in the sea I guess....

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,842,999 times
Exes as flings are wonderful...knowing what they look like naked, fondability factor, passion grade, etc. Also, exs are often there when needed.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Exes as flings are wonderful...knowing what they look like naked, fondability factor, passion grade, etc. Also, exs are often there when needed.
yup, already there.... It feels like emotional cheating, which for me is worse than some drunk acciedent etc...

He is just not that into me I guess, or she would be dropped like a hot potatoe.
I am not the one.... And HE is not the one.... Because "the one" will not risk my feelings or our bond for ANYTHING.... Especially not this highschool cruelty crap... I wouldnt do this to another woman, so, she knows she is destroying it, even though she dosent want him....

Oh well....like I said, plenty of fish in the sea..... This is gonna kill me for a while because I love him so much and he is my best friend, but I cant waist my time on whats not true love....
Guess I already knew the answer, but didnt wanna go this alone....

Old 01-28-2011, 06:28 PM

the saddest part of this cruel joke she is making out of him, is she dosent really love him..... Anyone I love, exes or friends with girlfriends etc... I respect every boundary, never rock the boat in their relationships, if there is any contact it is with the girlfriend involved etc.... She left him for drugs and partying, I met him and quit drinking for him....

When will I meet my one true love who will appreciate and value me???

Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 PM

4,100 posts, read 6,443,356 times
Default Ex flings as friends.

Quote:
the saddest part of this cruel joke she is making out of him, is she dosent really love him..... Anyone I love, exes or friends with girlfriends etc... I respect every boundary, never rock the boat in their relationships, if there is any contact it is with the girlfriend involved etc.... She left him for drugs and partying, I met him and quit drinking for him....

You met him and quit drinking for him? That kinda says something about you as a person, doesn't it? Then I read your next sentence: "When will I meet my one true love who will appreciate and value me"? To answer your question (my first thought was probably never), you might meet someone when you grow up and get over acting like a child. How can you expect any of us to give you an answer and try to be helpful when you obiviously are beyond help? People who want a relationship don't go out drinking and partying and expect to find anyone that is worthwhile, unless you are too young and immature to know the difference...

Old 01-31-2011, 03:04 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,789,280 times
Quote:

I'm ok personally with exes as friends, depending on the circumstances.

What you describe sounds out of line to me.

I would tell my daughter that if this is not what she wants, then she should stand up and/or end the relationship.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:07 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,789,280 times
Quote:

If you were my little sister I would tell you that you aren't ready for a healthy relationship, and should make yourself whole before trying to meet your "one true love".

Old 01-31-2011, 04:28 PM

9,396 posts, read 14,281,392 times
I'd tell my little sister that the guy is bad news bears and she should find a guy who 1) knows what the prefix "ex" means and 2) isn't such a *******.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or