Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 AM

404 posts, read 701,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittiz View Post
The whole thing is that woman want to be wanted. So unless the woman is shallow and just wants to physically satisfy herself, you're going to have to make a woman feel like you are interested in order to get the fire started.
I'm afraid the fire needs a spark to be started. If she wasn't somewhat interested on you in the first place, letting her know of your interest will make her feel ackward and give you excuses. There needs to be balance between the 2 of you.

---

Anyway we seem to have it a wall here. Let me explain: so far we seem to have 4 types of advice.

TYPE 1 - Most advice here only works for increasing attraction once there is a first spark (e.g. "push and pull", "show your interest"). So for many guys this just won't work because the foundation is not there.

TYPE 2 - Then we have kind of "techniques" on how to create the spark, but most of them seem to only work for the kind of men who were already successful with women anyway (e.g. "let her chase you", "play it cool" ). So again it's of little use for men who have problems dating.

TYPE 3 - There is also advice on how to become more attractive (e.g. "be confident", "be a leader") but we are not told HOW to achieve that. There have been attempts to tell us how to do it, but often they only work for some types of people (e.g. "fake it till you make it"). So, this type of advice lets you see your goal at the top of the mountain but you have no climbing equipment.

TYPE 4 - And finally, there is advice that tells you to be passive (eg: "stop trying", "focus on your career") and trust that things will somehow solve themselves "because it worked for my friend". For most people however, things don't just magically work themselves out, and even if they could, this forces you to rely purely on luck. Not very appealing.

---

So, we have to be missing something else. I guess we can only keep trying or give up. But again, if we could solve this puzzle, we would be rich...

Old 03-24-2011, 07:14 AM

122 posts, read 278,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
I'm afraid the fire needs a spark to be started. If she wasn't somewhat interested on you in the first place, letting her know of your interest will make her feel ackward and give you excuses. There needs to be balance between the 2 of you.

---

Anyway we seem to have it a wall here. Let me explain: so far we seem to have 4 types of advice.

TYPE 1 - Most advice here only works for increasing attraction once there is a first spark (e.g. "push and pull", "show your interest"). So for many guys this just won't work because the foundation is not there.

TYPE 2 - Then we have kind of "techniques" on how to create the spark, but most of them seem to only work for the kind of men who were already successful with women anyway (e.g. "let her chase you", "play it cool" ). So again it's of little use for men who have problems dating.

TYPE 3 - There is also advice on how to become more attractive (e.g. "be confident", "be a leader") but we are not told HOW to achieve that. There have been attempts to tell us how to do it, but often they only work for some types of people (e.g. "fake it till you make it"). So, this type of advice lets you see your goal at the top of the mountain but you have no climbing equipment.

TYPE 4 - And finally, there is advice that tells you to be passive (eg: "stop trying", "focus on your career") and trust that things will somehow solve themselves "because it worked for my friend". For most people however, things don't just magically work themselves out, and even if they could, this forces you to rely purely on luck. Not very appealing.

---

So, we have to be missing something else. I guess we can only keep trying or give up. But again, if we could solve this puzzle, we would be rich...
I agree, but like I said, most women want to be wanted. They may have never thought of you in "that way" before simply because you didn't act interested. This is especially true in the case where you don't have above average looks. I'm just pointing out a discrete way to indicate to a woman that you're interested. Once you get the wheels turning she may return the interest. If she is not interested, it allows you to back out of the situation with little or no embarrassment.

I think too many men think that women think like men. Guys put a lot more weight on looks, for most women that just greases the wheels. Not to say there aren't exceptions.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:00 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
You're just young. Very few young men are good with women, and women your age are mostly going through a bad boy phase.

Just live your life and enjoy other things. I know right now it seems like getting a nut is the heavenly pinnacle of existence, but there's a lot of even better things you can do (especially in your youth).

If you need to bust a nut, just to cope, find a fat depressed girl and be real nice to her. Pretty soon you'll be rocking each others worlds (wear a condom).

Old 03-24-2011, 01:06 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
You're just young. Very few young men are good with women, and women your age are mostly going through a bad boy phase.

Just live your life and enjoy other things. I know right now it seems like getting a nut is the heavenly pinnacle of existence, but there's a lot of even better things you can do (especially in your youth).

If you need to bust a nut, just to cope, find a fat depressed girl and be real nice to her. Pretty soon you'll be rocking each others worlds (wear a condom).
Is it ok that a woman spends her best years with dirt? What do I-a decent man-get? A physically worn out woman with a lot of mental damage? Hardly something I would want to support or have the children of.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:09 PM

817 posts, read 811,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Is it ok that a woman spends her best years with dirt? What do I-a decent man-get? A physically worn out woman with a lot of mental damage? Hardly something I would want to support or have the children of.
, I hope every man in the planet has this attitude.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
uh.........

so what are you going to do about it?

believe it or not most women don't make their dating decisions based on what you want. You can't expect them to.

If you don't want to date a physically worn out woman with lots of mental damage, then don't. I think that would be a wise choice.

I was addressing the OP and at 20 years old "support or have the children of" should be the last thing on his mind. Set yourself up for the future, and have fun, in that order. Getting a piece of A, believe it or not, is the easiest thing ever once you realize that when it comes to sex, they're all pretty much the same with the lights out.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
, I hope every man in the planet has this attitude.
really? sounds seriously defeatist to me. I'd prefer every man on the planet have a positive attitude and seek happiness

Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM

817 posts, read 811,203 times
Quote:
really? sounds seriously defeatist to me. I'd prefer every man on the planet have a positive attitude and seek happiness
I would rather prefer a man being sensibly selective about the woman he prefers to spend a lifetime with(which is what I believe should be the commitment in a marriage), than going after every woman out there who's perhaps "GIVING HIM A CHANCE" since she ended up in a bad relationship with a douche and is now willing to consider a nice guy whom she can settle with, after having done all the tomfoolery around with the douche.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM

122 posts, read 278,670 times
Quote:

I feel you man. That's exactly how I felt. Why should the good guys have to get a woman with a bunch of baggage? I set my standards really high in response. I wanted to meet and marry a girl who was as clean and white as fresh snow fall. By the time I was 23 I was really beginning to lose hope. Then miracle of miracle I met the woman I would eventually marry a week before my 24th birthday. As soon as I met her I knew she was the one, before I even knew anything about her. When you think failure is impossible it takes you confidence level from zero to the moon. She turned out to be everything I ever hoped for. Smoking hot red head, never even been kissed (nor had I at 24). Today we're happily married with 2 kids. Not saying it was all roses from the day we met till now, not by a long shot. I hope you have similar luck some day.

Last edited by Ittiz; 03-24-2011 at 01:45 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 01:33 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Quote:
uh.........

so what are you going to do about it?

believe it or not most women don't make their dating decisions based on what you want. You can't expect them to.

If you don't want to date a physically worn out woman with lots of mental damage, then don't. I think that would be a wise choice.

I was addressing the OP and at 20 years old "support or have the children of" should be the last thing on his mind. Set yourself up for the future, and have fun, in that order. Getting a piece of A, believe it or not, is the easiest thing ever once you realize that when it comes to sex, they're all pretty much the same with the lights out.
I can't do much. I am only one man. I only wish that women had different behavior when they are attractive, thus at the top of their game. But they make bad decisions and then at the end. They expect the decent guy they never wanted before to marry them. And accept their herpes, genital warts and even bastard kids whose father is a scum bag. That really is a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships