Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 08:35 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times

Advertisements

Are guys actually frustrated at being single or because the social transaction cost to get used by all the other girls is so high? How many guys would still be single, if women were to reverse engineer that concept and develop the custom and social habit of using guys for sex, until a guy clamors for a relationship?

Old 06-18-2011, 08:40 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Are guys actually frustrated at being single or because the social transaction cost to get used by all the other girls is so high? How many guys would still be single, if women were to reverse engineer that concept and develop the custom and social habit of using guys for sex, until a guy clamors for a relationship?
You keep saying this, but it just goes to show that you don't know much about women. Or men. Many women don't want no-strings sex, and even those that do know that it rarely leads to anything more serious than that. A lot of men, if they're getting easy sex, are happy with just that and don't want more. Plus, your scenario involves using sex as a bargaining chip, and that's not good for anyone.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 PM

You are welcome to your opinion, but I have the advantage of discovering truth value through argumentation. What it really comes down to is some form of consideration and the cost of the social transaction involved. I also read some economics books.

How does what you claim apply to women who get easy sex and still clamor for a relationship; we aren't that different. Why do you believe a guy would not want a relationship, eventually, if women were in the habit of just using him for sex? Are you claiming he would never think the grass was greener on the other side?

In my opinion, what many women of your point of view claim, does not really reflect reality; but does conform to socially accepted dogma that has not actually solved our social issues for over two thousand years.

Sex is a bargaining chip as is money a bargaining chip or women would never consider using emotions to coerce men into relationships or other activities. Currently, sex favors women and money favors men. Are you claiming that men of wealth never want a relationship even if they can afford a petty cash fund for that purpose, whenever they want? If it is not true of men of wealth, nor true of women of sex; then why do you believe what you do?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:52 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
I'm not so much frustrated at being single as I am other people pointing it out and hounding me for still being single.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:15 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
You are welcome to your opinion, but I have the advantage of discovering truth value through argumentation. What it really comes down to is some form of consideration and the cost of the social transaction involved. I also read some economics books.

How does what you claim apply to women who get easy sex and still clamor for a relationship; we aren't that different. Why do you believe a guy would not want a relationship, eventually, if women were in the habit of just using him for sex? Are you claiming he would never think the grass was greener on the other side?

In my opinion, what many women of your point of view claim, does not really reflect reality; but does conform to socially accepted dogma that has not actually solved our social issues for over two thousand years.

Sex is a bargaining chip as is money a bargaining chip or women would never consider using emotions to coerce men into relationships or other activities. Currently, sex favors women and money favors men. Are you claiming that men of wealth never want a relationship even if they can afford a petty cash fund for that purpose, whenever they want? If it is not true of men of wealth, nor true of women of sex; then why do you believe what you do?

With that kind of mind-set, it makes me wonder if that's the reason you're divorced now, or the divorce really messed you up.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:45 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Daniel, as a chronically "frustrated at being single" male, let me tell you that sex is just a little benefit of a relationship to me. I want all the other things that come out of a good relationship - trust, loving, kindness, caring, companionship.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:21 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Daniel, as a chronically "frustrated at being single" male, let me tell you that sex is just a little benefit of a relationship to me. I want all the other things that come out of a good relationship - trust, loving, kindness, caring, companionship.
Yes, that is what I want from a relationship! But I can't find a woman, I am too afraid to approach in most settings. But you find the best woman when at the places you least expect for it to be like in Wal-mart, the park, running, at the library. Too afraid to approach their. I can do it at a bar, school, or while at the museum. Anywhere else, I have had to few success.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
With that kind of mind-set, it makes me wonder if that's the reason you're divorced now, or the divorce really messed you up.
I think you are simply stereotyping and resorting to the usual female propaganda and rhetoric. Actually, I got married with this mind set as well; simply because I was honest regarding my intentions and my now ex-wife met the "traditional" requirement. The fact that I wasn't getting laid as much as I am not getting laid now may have had some influence; but that was before the internet had matured as a communications technology and due to where I lived. It could have been a different story if I had grown up in a large city.

The only issue with my mind set, as I understand it, is that I am honest with women as a form of respect toward fellow human beings (even if it is not what women want to hear (and I try to use honesty for goodness and not badness whenever possible)) instead of simply lying to them for sex; and proving greater loyalty to the animal kingdom, at the expense of any loyalty to forms of moral absolutism, such as bearing true witness. I am over the traditional requirement part now in modern times, and refuse to subscribe to it any longer.

However, why do you believe any guy, not just me, would have any problem clamoring for a relationship if it were "normal" for women to use guys for sex as much as men use women for sex? What excuse would most men have if sexual equality was normal in regards to getting laid?

In my opinion, most guys would have less problem with women if guys were getting sex as much as women get sex, because then we would not feel like we are getting "played" by women who claim they are not really like that. Why would any guy need to lie more to women for sex, if women were busier getting their girl friends involved and trying to find out which guy the could get to clamor for a relationship first.

Is anyone claiming that male players never want a relationship; or do they simply "play" due to the inequality of the social transaction cost involved in getting laid as much and as easily as women can get laid.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Would it be easier or more difficult to establish relationships with women if they were busier trying to use us for sex until we clamor for a relationship?

Would it be easier or more difficult to find women who may want a relationship at all, if that were the case?

Would we as males, even need to lie to women for sex or relationships if that were the case?

Consider it from the perspective of some forms of moral absolutism regarding the greater glory of our immortal souls, if we did not have to bear false witness regarding our intentions, because both genders were "on the same page" regarding relationships due to a more level "playing field" regarding sex?

How many women can complain now, about guys being honest for sex or relationships? Would it be better or worse as a social phenomena, if neither gender had that to complain about the other gender?

Would any men be frustrated at being single, at all; if women were in the habit of dropping by to see if they could use us for sex until we clamor for a relationship?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Yes, that is what I want from a relationship! But I can't find a woman, I am too afraid to approach in most settings. But you find the best woman when at the places you least expect for it to be like in Wal-mart, the park, running, at the library. Too afraid to approach their. I can do it at a bar, school, or while at the museum. Anywhere else, I have had to few success.
How many women who are promiscuous are commitment phobic? Why would men be more commitment phobic than women if they can get used for sex by all of the other ones until they clamor for a relationship? Why would anyone not be able to find what HurricaneDC is looking for in a relationship; once he starts clamoring for a relationship after getting used for sex by all of the other girls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships