Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:01 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,795,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopper View Post
I'll try to condense this story, but like any other relationship story, it's complicated.

Premise: Me and this girl liked each other a few months ago but one thing led to another and she told me she doesn't see me as a love interest. In fact, she even stopped being friendly to me even though she says we are still friends. You can just feel the cold shoulder from her. What's tough is that we are in the same med school class and I have to see her everyday for the next 4 years.

I recently asked her to have coffee with me and she agreed, but I can sense reluctance. I feel like I should tell her I still have feelings for her since I have nothing to lose. She's already giving me the cold shoulder. Moreover, she's having lunch on multiple occasions with my best friend in class and its excruciating to see. Should I tell her how I feel when we have coffee or keep it casual?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Leave that woman alone. Don't invite her to anything. Tell her you changed your mind on coffee. She knows you like her. You are a friend to her. She has shown you the signs to friendville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 05:04 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
She is considering you for the position of Friend Zone Loser. if you go, you will probably win the part. The best thing you can do is cancel via text about 30 minutes before you are due to meet. "Sorry, can't make it, something came up" then never speak to her again unless she initiates it. OR you can show up for coffee and be her lapdog for years...Maybe decades!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,458 times
Don't tell her how you feel.
Don't ask her out to dinner, movies, or coffee.
When people show you, or in this case tell you, how they feel about you -believe it.
Ask someone else out that you encounter and move on.
She has to show you interest AND unfortunately I would wait on dating everyone in your class when you are paired up with them for 4 years.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 PM

624 posts, read 1,071,399 times
Quote:
I'll try to condense this story, but like any other relationship story, it's complicated.

Premise: Me and this girl liked each other a few months ago but one thing led to another and she told me she doesn't see me as a love interest. In fact, she even stopped being friendly to me even though she says we are still friends. You can just feel the cold shoulder from her. What's tough is that we are in the same med school class and I have to see her everyday for the next 4 years.

I recently asked her to have coffee with me and she agreed, but I can sense reluctance. I feel like I should tell her I still have feelings for her since I have nothing to lose. She's already giving me the cold shoulder. Moreover, she's having lunch on multiple occasions with my best friend in class and its excruciating to see. Should I tell her how I feel when we have coffee or keep it casual?

I'm listening to Christian psychologists on newlife.com and they say that the initial attraction we feel usually has to do with unmet needs and desires as a child.

Though I'm not a shrink and don't even play one on youtube, but their comment stood out to me.

The issue is not with this woman, but something she represents to you. Solve the underlying issue and you'll be all set.

Also, these same guys recommend to never marry anyone unless you go out with at least 30 women. Now, these guys are Christians (like I am) and they don't mean you need to sleep with 30 women. But the idea is that you go out with women who you may not even be strongly attracted to and sometimes you may develop a deeper bond with such persons.

Good luck.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 PM

624 posts, read 1,071,399 times
edit. I agree with their advice because at one moment in time, even though I'm married, I developed this crush on a woman at work. It never went anywhere and with time, the crush went away as well.

So, yes, these crushes usually point to an unresolved need.

Though, again, I am not a psychologist. Just an average Joe with own issues.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:57 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,158,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
She is considering you for the position of Friend Zone Loser. if you go, you will probably win the part. The best thing you can do is cancel via text about 30 minutes before you are due to meet. "Sorry, can't make it, something came up" then never speak to her again unless she initiates it. OR you can show up for coffee and be her lapdog for years...Maybe decades!

Honest women like you deserve to inherit the earth.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

The issue is not with this woman, but something she represents to you. Solve the underlying issue and you'll be all set.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:

The reluctance you sense is probably because she doesn't really want coffee with you but she's feeling sorry for you.You have seen that she's enjoying the company of another young man right now, so if you tell her how you really feel I can almost guarantee that cold shoulder she's been giving you will become even colder..

Old 02-02-2011, 08:08 AM

97 posts, read 161,219 times
Listen my friend. Two things: it sucks now, but it will get better. You are med school there is probably plenty of girls around. Before you know it you will have another hot co-ed snuggled up in your bed and guess who will be knocking on your door, this girl. Move on now please for your own manhood. Take another girl out to coffee.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:24 AM

71 posts, read 155,500 times
Default plenty of fish in the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSB13 View Post
Listen my friend. Two things: it sucks now, but it will get better. You are med school there is probably plenty of girls around. Before you know it you will have another hot co-ed snuggled up in your bed and guess who will be knocking on your door, this girl. Move on now please for your own manhood. Take another girl out to coffee
i was thinking the same thing There must be plenty of hunnies on campus who would love to play doctor with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships