Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM

61 posts, read 92,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
Question: a lot of people say "touching is THE sign!"
but some women just seem touchy in general, how do I know the difference between a flirt-touch and a joke-flirt-touch?

I often get a flashback a few days later and go "holy **** how did I miss that she was intrested?!?!?!"
When in doubt, ask. If she was flirting, you've just given her the green light to continue. If she wasn't, you've given her an opportunity to clarify. Either way, it's all good.

The best way to ask without it getting creepy is just to be very honest, and perhaps a bit self-effacing about it. Maybe even play shy. Even if it turns out that she wasn't flirting, very few women are going to be offended by a guy who honestly expresses that he wasn't sure how to take the fact that she touched him and wanted to make sure that he didn't misinterpret things, especially if he does it in a very low-key way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I think direct, prolonged eye contact with a smile is pretty obvious. People will usually look at others out of mild interest, just because they catch their eye. Hey, that woman has funny teeth. Oh, I like that guy's shirt. Whatever. But when those people look back, either accidentally or because they notice someone watching, our typical reaction is to look away. If a woman keeps looking at you, she may be interested in what she sees--or you may have spinach in your teeth, so pay attention to what her face is doing. If she smiles at you, your odds go up.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
Thx I'll try that

Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
A nice, long smile while looking into your eyes? That is unusual. That is typically a come-on, unless I am woefully out of date as a woman. I am careful not to make too much eye contact with men because it feels like I am inviting them.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A nice, long smile while looking into your eyes? That is unusual. That is typically a come-on, unless I am woefully out of date as a woman. I am careful not to make too much eye contact with men because it feels like I am inviting them.
Yes you are...Bedroom Eyes, saying "Let me Entertain you".

HAhaha

Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 PM

61 posts, read 92,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago11 View Post
That's exactly what I'm not sure on. It's worth it to at least find out by trying to engage her in conversation. Maybe that would do it for those who us who don't pick up on things so well.
Don't feel bad. I don't pick up on signs all the time, either. Maybe that's why I've adopted a philosophy of at least trying to be very direct, and also of asking direct questions (in a gentle way). I figure that at the very least, it should help cut through some of the static, maybe boost the signal-to-noise ratio ever so slightly...

Old 01-31-2011, 02:22 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh1rr...1&feature=fvwp

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships