Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM

49 posts, read 195,989 times

Advertisements

Long story short, I met this guy through friends, we hit it off, went on a first date that went pretty well. At the end he asked me out again which I agreed to.

But the day of the second date, a few hours before we're suppose to meet, he texts me that he can't make it because of some work issues. I'm disappointed, but understand.

A few days after this, he calls to ask me out again which I agreed to. And guess what? He canceled yet again the day of. By this point, I'm pretty mad because this late minute cancellation is getting ridiculous and it's just plain rude.

So I deleted him off of everything. But he still continues to contact me and when he does, I answer but keep my replies really short and polite and not inviting further conversation. Yet every so often he will contact me.

My question is, why? Why bother showing interest and asking me out if he doesn't plan on making them? And also, why is he still keeping in touch?

Ugh, sometimes I really hate guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
My question is, why? Why bother showing interest and asking me out if he doesn't plan on making them? And also, why is he still keeping in touch?
I can't really answer this question, but I agree canceling for the 2nd time, not to mention the same day, is beyond rude!

My only guess would be that he's not that into you and keeps you on the back burner just in case he wants to see you some day when he's not that busy with somebody else.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:27 PM

90 posts, read 321,637 times
Let him know straight out, "I'm sorry things didn't work out and I would appreciate if you didn't call anymore."

Old 01-30-2011, 04:29 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
well, it depends on what his career is. is he an on-call brain surgeon or something? a firefighter? i mean, what his career is makes a huge difference. maybe he has a legit reason, or maybe he is just being rude. more info would help.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
My girlfriend was dating this guy. He would pull the same behavior.

He would plan a date. She would get excited and plan for the evening.

She called to confirm the date. He said, yes it's still on, unless something else comes up.

The guy was weighing his options.

She stopped dating him.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Hey, ladies, things can come up. What happened to giving him the benefit of doubt? He cancelled twice, what would you do if you had to cancel twice? I don't think he would have made a date the second time if he wasn't interested. My only complaint would be that he texted you instead of using the telephone.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
well, it depends on what his career is. is he an on-call brain surgeon or something? a firefighter?
Yeah, a handful of professions are exempt. She didn't mention the 2nd cancellation was work-related, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Hey, ladies, things can come up. What happened to giving him the benefit of doubt? He cancelled twice, what would you do if you had to cancel twice? I don't think he would have made a date the second time if he wasn't interested. My only complaint would be that he texted you instead of using the telephone.
We know an as@ when we see one.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:49 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,256 times
Now a girl knows what it feels like when they cancel dates like that.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM

49 posts, read 195,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I can't really answer this question, but I agree canceling for the 2nd time, not to mention the same day, is beyond rude!

My only guess would be that he's not that into you and keeps you on the back burner just in case he wants to see you some day when he's not that busy with somebody else.
The times that he canceled, I'm know for sure that he's not with anyone else. And i'm 90% sure he's not seeing anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
well, it depends on what his career is. is he an on-call brain surgeon or something? a firefighter? i mean, what his career is makes a huge difference. maybe he has a legit reason, or maybe he is just being rude. more info would help.
Not at all. I know his work is stressful. He has to write reports and publish his research, but still, it's a 9-5 job

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, a handful of professions are exempt. She didn't mention the 2nd cancellation was work-related, though.
It wasn't work related. He didn't really give any excuses, just that something came up. No idea what that something is though

Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
It wasn't work related. He didn't really give any excuses, just that something came up. No idea what that something is though
There you have it! Something/somebody more exciting than you! Had it been a true emergency, he would've said what it was and apologized. Tell him to stop bothering you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships