Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Leave Cappy SierraAZ alone

Sierra are you a Dec. or Jan. Cappy?
December. That’s me in my whole glory:

planet sign degree motion
Sun Capricorn 5°21'32 in house 5 direct
Moon Scorpio 19°50'29 in house 3 direct
Mercury Capricorn 4°41'28 in house 5 direct
Venus Scorpio 23°52'40 in house 3 direct
Mars Aquarius 20°10'12 in house 6 direct
Jupiter Virgo 5°47'37 in house 1 retrograde
Saturn Aries 5°57'10 in house 8 direct
Uranus Virgo 29°11'30 in house 2 direct
Neptune Scorpio 25°30'56 end of house 3 direct

Pluto is TMI and it doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I would hope your 'Scorpio parts' are hidden ;D
Not that well… and certainly not in relationships…

Quote:
I have Virgo rising.
So do I. Still doesn’t make me love work, though.

Quote:
Typical Capricorns are indeed intense, hard core (I have been called that on many occasions- but in a good way), ladder climbing, need to be in control and oh so stubborn....damn them and their hard heads (mine included!)
Can’t argue with that…

Quote:
But this discussion is about relationships- beings that I have a Capricorn Sun/Moon midpoint, I have an 'attraction', (not always romantic) a 'drawn towards' to other Capricorns
Strangely, I’ve never been in a relationship with a Capricorn. Don’t have Capricorn friends, either, short of a recent coworker I get along with.

Quote:
Interesting that you ask 'Dec or Jan?'
My husband said (after the disclosure of our capricorness) 'yeah, but I am a December Capi!'
The three caps prior, January (3rd, 5th & 7th...but not in that order)
For me to answer that, well, it depends. I was born on the last day of the year...with only 1hr and 13 minutes before 'happy new year!'.
So while my birth certificate says December, GMT says January
Just a little joke there....final answer....December.
Back to interesting, Capricorns are the only sign that I have heard people separate by gregorian months.
I don’t think so. I’ve seen all the signs divided by decans in many materials. My parents were Capricorns, too – Jan 9 & 10. We weren’t all that similar really…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
^^^Yeah the decans are very important which can make a Dec. Cap pretty different than a Jan. Cap but with all the "core" traits pretty much being the same just the road to those traits will differ sort of speak. All Caps are ruled by Saturn however the 1st decan has the strongest Saturn influence, the 2nd decan is ruled by Venus, and the 3rd decan is ruled by Mercury
That Saturn… I hate Saturn! Once I ordered a Saturn report from Carrol Allen. She practices somewhat different (Vedic) astrology. Obviousy, I don’t know if other people could possibly get similar reports, but my entire life seems to be pretty much one loooong disgusting cycle of Saturn with a cloudless year or two here and there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,340,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That Saturn… I hate Saturn! Once I ordered a Saturn report from Carrol Allen. She practices somewhat different (Vedic) astrology. Obviousy, I don’t know if other people could possibly get similar reports, but my entire life seems to be pretty much one loooong disgusting cycle of Saturn with a cloudless year or two here and there!
That's ok, they've been discontinued.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
So do I. Still doesn’t make me love work, though.
I work because I like to make money. The kind of work I enjoy doing is not making me money. However, I like the job I have and most jobs I have had I liked.
The last job I had was an awesome bunch of people, we worked really well together and had a lot of fun. And wouldn't ya know it, two Virgos, a Taurus and me with my Capi sun and Virgo rising.

Quote:
Strangely, I’ve never been in a relationship with a Capricorn. Don’t have Capricorn friends, either, short of a recent coworker I get along with.
Going with the sun moon midpoint, you would likely be interacting more with Sag and Gemini....but not always on a romantic level.
Quote:
I don’t think so. I’ve seen all the signs divided by decans in many materials. My parents were Capricorns, too – Jan 9 & 10. We weren’t all that similar really…
Oops. Sorry, I meant 'people' in general, not those who write about astrology. I know of decans, just not much about thier specifics.
But I have never heard anyone say- are you a October Scorpio or a November Scorpio etc. Just Capricorns.
LOL....reminds me of a place I used to live. It was a single road up in the mountains and out of the 8 homes/families that lived on the mountain, 5 houses had Capricorns, two of which had 2 Capi's to a house.
We called it 'Goat Hill'.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Going with the sun moon midpoint, you would likely be interacting more with Sag and Gemini....but not always on a romantic level.
That's a strange idea I've never heard of... I can't stand either one, for the most part. Male Geminis CAN be quite charming, but I'm not into unfaithful and generally restless dudes.

Quote:
But I have never heard anyone say- are you a October Scorpio or a November Scorpio etc. Just Capricorns.
Yeah, that's true. I think it happens because it's spread across two years.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Default Do You Use Astrology, Psychics, Numerology etc... in determining relationships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
My friends really seem to be into astrology and the like in determining their mates. I will admit I have looked these things up AFTER meeting someone special but just out of curiosity.

Does it matter to you at all? Do you look into it if you meet someone special and would that affect your approach?
I don't go by astrology beforehand, but after dating someone or meeting a new friend awhile I will check out what their sign is. I tend to date Cancers. I have some conflicts with Leos. And I like other Sagittariuses as friends. In terms of Chinese horoscopes, several of my good friends are also born in the Year of the Dog.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Astrology and psychics are for the birds.
Ah! Metaphors! I take it you know enough about Astrology to know that Gemini is associated with birds, Peter Pan? I have birds in my Ascendant.

Even though Gemini is the most curious, restless of creatures, if you know something about birds, they don't stay in one spot very long. Fly here, fly there, they get bored very easily. They spend an extraordinary amount of time in the left side of their brains.

Astrology and psychics are, largely, the realm of Rams, Fishes and Eagles.
It's not that a goat, lion or bull can't eventually become an outstanding Astrologer or Psychic, it's just that it may not come as easily to them.

I cannnot criticize doubters, skeptics, because, at one time, I was a skeptic.

It would be nice if the skeptics would "take off their clothes" (birthdate) and, perhaps, give the birthdate of somone they had a difficult relationship with, or they're in a relationship that's going as smooth as butter.

It's never too late to expand your horizons.

Last edited by tijlover; 02-07-2011 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
That's a strange idea I've never heard of... I can't stand either one, for the most part. Male Geminis CAN be quite charming, but I'm not into unfaithful and generally restless dudes.
Being with the restless crowd (Virgo, Sagittarius, Gemini come to mind) can be very draining. It's hard for those with the key placements in these signs (look to Mars position in particular) to sit still very long. I'm among them.

I dream of the day I can vegetate in front of a TV set and do just that, without having a crossword puzzle or book with me if I get bored with what's on the screen.

That will be one of my stellar accomplishments one day, vegetate in front of a screen without cheating and distractions.

Many unaware people, who don't have a high energy level, envy these people for all that boundless energy, but what they're not aware of is many of these people are suffering! They look at these couch potatoes, and they eat their hearts out!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-07-2011 at 10:25 PM.. Reason: ediit

Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
I'm feeling real good about being a Gemini just now. I'm glad I read this thread to learn I was a thief and that you cannot trust me. (Cries)

P.S. Yes...while you were all chatting away I pinpointed your locations, cheated on my SO, stole your identity and I'm currently on a plane to Paris. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times
Yay I had a feeling you were a Dec. Cap Sierra because I instantly connected to you when I started posting here and it just confirms my theory about how I interact with Dec. Caps vs Jan. You also made a excellent point about people asking about Jan.vs Dec. Caps because of the difference in years. THAT is probably the real difference maker between the 2.

I have a love/hate relationship with Saturn lol. Of course you have it harder than me since Cap is your Sun and I just have it in the 7th house but it has really made me "controlled" in terms of relationships and that has been a good and bad thing. Bad is that I take relationships sooo seriously, like I can't just have people around and call anyone friends like a lot of people. Its always all or nothing with me and I either completely can trust you or I can't. Some people are real good at smiling in peoples face when they really don't care but I cannot do that. You're going to know exactly how I'm feeling and thinking because my face will say it all before I even open my mouth lol.

But at the same time Saturn has helped me not get my heart broken as much because it has been sort of like a shield for me in my romantic relationships. So if the guy is really a jerk or not good for me, I can pick up on it sooner than most and Saturn defiantly won't allow you to stick in a bad situation for a long time so eventually the relationship is going to end whether I want it to or not. Saturn will make something happened that will result in the dissolve of the relationship when it's got too far out of hand and I still haven't walked away.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
My husband is a December Capricorn. He is what I would call very predictable, loyal, honest and likes to work, and he is pretty on the ball when it comes to spending money.

I am a Gemini/Pisces moon. And we seem like we have very little in common. However, he tends to ground me in many ways. Although I have to look elsewhere for intellectual stimulation. I try and try to get into his head and find out what he is thinking and he always answers..."I'm thinking about life in general." So aggravating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships