Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Sorry, but people who believe that astronomy is an accurate compatibility method are typically people who find it easier to blame the "moon in Uranus" on a failed relationship or having none at all, rather than look inside themselves for the answer. That would require too much soul searching and being honest with yourself.
You mean astrology?

You couldn't be more wrong. Astrology does point to the ways you need to look inside yourself. When it shows a weakness, it's asking you to deal with it.

As far as relationships, you can use synastry to look at both friendships and romantic relationships.

To give an example, I was blown away with I looked at my chart combined with three men in my life.

With my ex-husband, one strong element was that we would be very concerned with aesthetic concerns - decorating, design, art. Let me tell you, that was 1,000% true.

With an old boyfriend, the charts said we would have a ton of passion for each other, and we'd be idealistic about each other, but would have a hard time settling down and being open. That was true in spades. The relationship had a lot of dramatic push-pull to it and although I felt more for him than anyone ever and vice-versa, we just couldn't settle in a calm trusting place.

With my business partner, the charts said that our coming together would accomplish two things - we would be very successful in business and the relationship would profoundly change how we look at the world. And both are true. We had to start paying attention to how politics affects the business and boy have our eyes been opened. Neither of us will ever look at the world in the same way.

Now if I looked at astrology and it didn't reflect my life, then I'd move on. But instead it has amazed me.

An interesting site is MotherSky

She is highly educated and has written a book about the astrology of the United States. Yes, even places have astrological charts. Amazing insights about the U.S. and I agree with her analysis.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 04-19-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 10:06 PM

896 posts, read 1,853,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Sorry, but people who believe that astronomy is an accurate compatibility method are typically people who find it easier to blame the "moon in Uranus" on a failed relationship or having none at all, rather than look inside themselves for the answer. That would require too much soul searching and being honest with yourself.

Im not sure what kind of astrological minded people you encounter....but im pretty sure anyone I know, who is interested in astrology beyond simple things like their horoscope (which isnt really that many people I admit).... is way more in tune to their inner self than most others. Not to say that skeptics arent in tune to themselves, anyone can be, but for those into astrology, it kinda requires one to explore and understand the inner self.

You guys need to stop making up these absolutely baseless assumptions about astrology enthusiasts. Its honestly ignorant.

We dont "blame" any certain situation on anything. We might believe that certain conditions in the cosmos influence a certain situation or event, but we dont act like its an excuse for our circumstances. Were not lacking personal accountability for our circumstances. If anything were probably the people most open minded to criticizing ourselves on a deep level.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:17 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

I suppose my full name is Joshua, but I typically go by Josh, but they have differences, so I guess Joshua is what someone should use in looking this stuff up.
The delineation for Josh translates to Capricorn. Joshua translates to Venus. And you do have your Mars in Venusian/princely Libra. There is a venusian, charming side to you. A great help to any Capricorn, as this sign is generally devoid of charm.

Last edited by tijlover; 04-20-2011 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: edit/add words

Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Sierra- if you don't have the birth time- you cannot determine houses- those are dictated by the rising sign. So scratch those descriptions.
Also- if the Moon is close to the end of a sign, and you don't have the birth time- the Moon's placement can be inacurate.
Birth time not necessary for Prince Frog, it's clearly in Aires, no question about that, as he was born in between the change of moon signs. The Moon did not change into Taurus until the 4th at 11:00am Greenwich time.

And with a moon in Aries he has a great capacity to grasp all aspects of Astrology with his inherent wealth of intuition.

Prince Frog has the stamp of a steam-rolling entrepreneur, a man who might be most happy running a business of his own, not taking orders from anyone.

And would I want to be one of his kick-around employees? N-e-v-e-r!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
I completely understand when people dont believe in it and think its a bunch of crap and I never push it on anyone. I just find subtle, discreet ways of finding out peoples birthdays.
Oh, Tobias, it's no secret you earn a 7-digit income, and as others would spend their easy-earned dollars on foreign travel, mansions and Maybach's, what does Tobias do with his huge disposable income?

Yup! Anytime he gets curious enough about someone, even if it be one of his hired domestic workers or even his mechanic or massage therapist, he calls up his trusty private Virgo investigator, and by the next day he not only has that person's time of birth, birthdate, DMV record, he also has knowledge of the last restaurant he ate at!

Now us others, equally as curious as to the astrological make-up of the cashier at the grocery store we patronize or our next-door neighbors we've never met, eat our hearts out!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Oct, 7 1987 6:45pm Grand Rapids, MI

Just wondering if someone could look this up, interested to see what you guys say
You were born on a full-moon night. Wherever the sun is on a full-moon night, the moon will be in its opposite sign, as in your case of Libra-Sun/Aires-Moon.

If it's true you have an Aries Asc. then, like most Fire Asc.'s, you can look forward to hair loss on your head, perhaps even baldness some day.

Generally speaking, those with Mercury in Scorpio are generally very economical with words, they only speak sparingly, only when necessary.

Luxury loving Libra meets free-spending Moon in Aries meets tight-with-even-a-penny Mars in Virgo. Oh, would I love to follow you around a department store some time! What a show that would be!!!

That is, unless extremely-cautious-with-money Virgo would even allow you to a department store, even Sears or JC Penney. If that Mars in Virgo is strong enough, to Salvation Army or Thrift Stores you will go and leave tears in the eyes of Libra!

But hey! If this should be, merely pronounce Salvation Army in a way which will confuse those admiring your thrift store outfits.. For deception purposes, pronounce it: Sahl-vah-seeyon Ahr-mee! And if they ask you for directions to the nearest store, just roll your eyes, shake your head in disbelief at how lower class they are!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:39 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oh, Tobias, it's no secret you earn a 7-digit income, and as others would spend their easy-earned dollars on foreign travel, mansions and Maybach's, what does Tobias do with his huge disposable income?

Yup! Anytime he gets curious enough about someone, even if it be one of his hired domestic workers or even his mechanic or massage therapist, he calls up his trusty private Virgo investigator, and by the next day he not only has that person's time of birth, birthdate, DMV record, he also has knowledge of the last restaurant he ate at!

Now us others, equally as curious as to the astrological make-up of the cashier at the grocery store we patronize or our next-door neighbors we've never met, eat our hearts out!!!
Unfortunately, I cannot afford to hire an investigator. I do that work myself. Before we even hire someone, I straight up ask them their birthday if it doesn't seem to awkward or at the very least I find their facebook, and learn their birthday that way. Creepy? Perhaps. This isn't out of character for me though.

And also that 7 digit salary is unfortunately in the lower 5 digits. No complaints though

Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 AM

Oh, Tobias, you're reminding us once again of your no-stone-left-unturned, detective-minded Moon sign!

If there were a song written for you, I'm guessing the background music might include police sirens!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:08 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Then don't just talk about it, BE about it!
Oh, I am, trust me. I've made the most out of my opportunities, I don't sit around reading "natal" charts or some garbage.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
You only need to read the scientific literature to know what complete bunk it all is. If that's too difficult for you, no wonder this country is going down the drain. It's called facts and science. It's important people be able to separate fantasy from reality, but since most people believe in an all-loving, all-judging god in the sky who had a zombie son, it's not surprising they'd fall for something as silly as astrology too. It's just disappointing because humans are capable of so much better, and to fall for something lame like that is a waste of your intellectual talents.
And who do we have here? Let me guess, just possible, perhaps a divorce attorney who would understandably be threatened by astrology. Create more perfect, harmonic unions between human beings, and? Join the ranks of the unemployed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships