U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM

343 posts, read 482,973 times

Advertisements

My friends really seem to be into astrology and the like in determining their mates. I will admit I have looked these things up AFTER meeting someone special but just out of curiosity.

Does it matter to you at all? Do you look into it if you meet someone special and would that affect your approach?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,946,147 times
No, I don't use astrology to meet someone. But I do like astrology and want to learn more about it. It's strange though because every man I've ever been with are either Pieces or Aqurius. I'm a Libra so I can't remember if I'm compatible with them or not.

But I do seem drawn by a certain astrological sign.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 PM

42,835 posts, read 82,129,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
My friends really seem to be into astrology and the like in determining their mates. I will admit I have looked these things up AFTER meeting someone special but just out of curiosity.

Does it matter to you at all? Do you look into it if you meet someone special and would that affect your approach?
I probably won't turn somebody I really like down because of it, but I do believe in it. It's like a 2nd marriage - triumph of hope over experience. I did know my last ex-husband was very incompatible with me astrologically and I married him anyway!

Old 01-30-2011, 09:07 PM

49 posts, read 183,614 times
I don't believe in astrology at all. I do check it, but only for entertainment. It's not something i take seriously

Old 01-30-2011, 09:08 PM

1,011 posts, read 925,015 times
Nope. Too cerebral. Just bumping into folks of the opposite sex and striking up a conversation* seems to work just fine for me. Not all successful, but good enough.... statistically. Numerology, astrology is weird, and in fact if the lady starts talking about this crap I cut her loose immediately.

* mind you the conversations can get very deep and intellectual which contributes to the bonding of spirit, but none of this superficial zodiac sign crap

Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,946,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Nope. Too cerebral. Just bumping into folks of the opposite sex and striking up a conversation* seems to work just fine for me. Not all successful, but good enough.... statistically. Numerology, astrology is weird, and in fact if the lady starts talking about this crap I cut her loose immediately.

* mind you the conversations can get very deep and intellectual which contributes to the bonding of spirit, but none of this superficial zodiac sign crap
And that's your opinion. Too bad you think it's all crap.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:13 PM

1,011 posts, read 925,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
And that's your opinion. Too bad you think it's all crap.
Absolutely. Just my opinion. And experience.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,720,245 times
No.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:51 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,025,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post

i wouldn't avoid dating someone just because they were the wrong sign. (with the possible exception of...see below). first off astrology is a hell of alot more complicated than women's mags would have you believe. there are many different types of charts, rising signs, houses, etc. etc.

for me personally i have done an in depth chart for myself and was astounded by a number of very specific and very personal things it said that were indeed true. however, and this is pretty funny, for years i thought i was a leo with sagittarius rising. which i was very proud of. both fire signs, high five! then i found my birth certificate and realized i had done the wrong calculation. i was actually a scorpio rising, which was alot less fun but alot more gnarly. it fit me more, even though i wanted to be that happy-go-lucky sag type. it was what i THOUGHT fit. i would love to take some of those typical monthly horoscopes and switch them around and just experiment. i bet ALL of them would fit EVERYONE. you have to go in depth.

that being said, like another on here stated, i always "run somebody up" when i start dating them, out of curiosity and to test out its veracity. its funny because i have always tended to ignore the bad and focus on the good (like everyone does in the beginning of a relationship) and when i go back after and examine, the chart would mention the problems that would eventually just break us up, and i would ignore them. in short, it doesn't matter because i won't believe it anyway

but i will tell you this- i will NOT DATE A CANCER. i have had lifelong problems with cancers. over and over and over again in my life when i butt heads with someone at work or school or in my personal life, i find out they are a cancer. it has happened far too many times to be a coincidence. just watch, i will meet my soul mate and he will be an ever-lovin' cancer.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM

42,835 posts, read 82,129,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
that being said, like another on here stated, i always "run somebody up" when i start dating them, out of curiosity and to test out its veracity. its funny because i have always tended to ignore the bad and focus on the good (like everyone does in the beginning of a relationship) and when i go back after and examine, the chart would mention the problems that would eventually just break us up, and i would ignore them. in short, it doesn't matter because i won't believe it anyway
Tell me about it! I had to resort to Chinese astrology to get some justification! I wonder why they were so wrong, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships