Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:17 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlan View Post
...Everywhere you look online, there really is nothing to do when a person is being stalked except hope the stalker would get a clue and not stalk someone who doesn't want them in their lives anymore.
No, there's a LOT more that can be done - you just have to have the right mind-set. When you think defensively you'll always be one step behind your stalker. The thing to do is take a more offensive approach, but a true victim personality doesn't usually allow that to happen.

This is one of those times when it pays to know someone nicknamed "Animal"...or be married to a man who has a set of nads.

And although I agree with PTC about the questionable nature of the police comments, I know that in 3 out of 4 cases simply getting a Protection From Abuse order is about as useful as teats on a bull - it just serves to enrage the stalker even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM

21 posts, read 48,900 times
Default i had a stalker

back in 1997 i was working for a man, who by all accounts was a very nice guy, he asked me out, I said No, i wasn't interested, he asked me again and again, he thought if he did things for me, I would like him. I told him that i was not attracted to him (mainly because he was very short) OK, wrong thing to say!!
I quit working for him, wouldn't take his calls etc..
He followed me everywhere!!! 200 miles away camping, he followed.He would call me at work and tell me what i was wearing.
He found out where my ex-husband worked, and went and told him that I was on drugs and not taking care of my kids, he called Child protective services. I called the cops, and they wouldn't do anything because he hadn't caused harm.
He called the cops on me and said I had poisened his dog and killed his neighbor's cat (he was the one that did that) He left a message on my phone (that the cops listened to) that threatened me. I filed a no contact order against him, when court came, he did not show up, instead he called the court and told them that I slashed all of his tires (and he has receipts for new tires) and I threatened him by shooting up his office.
I was able to get a restraining order, BUT he was able to get one on me too, I am not quite sure how that happened, but it did. The courts are absolutely NO help, and the cops are even worst.
It was a very scary time for me, and the show "Stalked" really creeps me out.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_another_user_name View Post
It was a very scary time for me, and the show "Stalked" really creeps me out.
I watched that show and creep the hell out of me... SO many memories from mine.

Your story is amazing.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,437 times
I think that I may be a world record holder for being "stalked" for a decade. Threats of audits and incarceration were part of it. Plus the fractured hip at Smoky Hill & Main St. One of them even handed me a .40, hoping to get my fingerprints on it I guess.

One slowly adapts.

My advice is stay away from 'facets' of the federal government.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_another_user_name View Post
The courts are absolutely NO help, and the cops are even worst.
Exactly. That's why the only doable options are flight or fight.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
My advice is stay away from 'facets' of the federal government.
Yep - it's become a travesty of what it was originally meant to be.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Exactly. That's why the only doable options are flight or fight.
My take on this is a restraining order is just a piece of paper. I actually agree with you.

IMO, flight is always better if you can afford it.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
My take on this is a restraining order is just a piece of paper. I actually agree with you.

IMO, flight is always better if you can afford it.
Certainly - never fight if you can run. The problem is, either option involves a LOT of physical and emotional stress. You have to consider what is most important to you and act accordingly.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,481,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yep - it's become a travesty of what it was originally meant to be.
Thats putting it mildly.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Thats putting it mildly.
Well, I'm a pretty mild person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships