Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How did I miss this gem?!

So, according to you, divorced parents are not supposed to have a life again, ever, even when their "children" are about to retire themselves perhaps?! The lunacy on this forum is astonishing at times... That explains why the society is full of grown-up adults incapable of wiping off their rear ends, though.
Nope. That's not what I said. I said if a mother stopped having anything to do with her children - at any age - it would bother them.

On top of that, her sons are still pretty young and need her, although in a more limited way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I know I could never be happy at the expense of my child but that's just me... others do all the time!!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
It could be just choice of words. Most people also don't call marriage a "relationship."
lol they want to do if they're trying to mask the fact that the other man is leaving his marriage to be with the OP.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
How any woman can even consider moving in with a guy who is already in a relationship with someone else, and just now going to leave them, is beyond me. Gives women everywhere a bad name. Stupid women.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
How's that different than separated people dating and getting on with their lives? None of you know any of the details and circumstances here. Just because you have children and you're obsessed with babying them for life, you're all ready to presume everything and anything in such a thread.
I think what YOU'RE presuming is that a mother being emotionally and physically available to her still teenaged boys is the exact same thing as spoiling them rotten and never letting them do anything for themselves. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING. You seem to be the only person here who can't tell the difference.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I think what YOU'RE presuming is that a mother being emotionally and physically available to her still teenaged boys is the exact same thing as spoiling them rotten and never letting them do anything for themselves. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING. You seem to be the only person here who can't tell the difference.
I doubt it. Others just don't want to fight with you as the aggressive ones are always too vocal and go on forever about the same tired stuff.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. Others just don't want to fight with you as the aggressive ones are always too vocal and go on forever about the same tired stuff.
Well, when it comes to being vocal about the same tired stuff you would know.

Number of total sierraAZ posts in this thread: 14

Number of sierraAZ posts accusing everyone that we're "babying" the 19 and 17 year old by not letting their mother run off with a still-married man = 7

We get it, you think they're being babied. Give it a rest now, ok?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Well, when it comes to being vocal about the same tired stuff you would know.

Number of total sierraAZ posts in this thread: 14

Number of sierraAZ posts accusing everyone that we're "babying" the 19 and 17 year old by not letting their mother run off with a still-married man = 7

We get it, you think they're being babied. Give it a rest now, ok?
Fair enough. Sometimes I do sacrifice and waste my time on threads that don't really concern me just because I don't like seeing one person attacked by a flock of vultures.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
How's that different than separated people dating and getting on with their lives? None of you know any of the details and circumstances here. Just because you have children and you're obsessed with babying them for life, you're all ready to presume everything and anything in such a thread.

hmmm...I don't think anyone who knows me would say I "baby" my kids at all, or did when they were teens, that's for sure!

I respect them for the young men that they are, proud of who I helped shape them into, but happy to let them live their own lives.

Lives they live with the utmost in personal responsibility btw - something they may not have learned if I'd left them on the cusp of adulthood (17 is STILL a minor child) to run off with my shack up honey instead of focusing on launching them off into the world

Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 PM

59 posts, read 89,880 times
This is what she stated when she opened this thread : QUOTE: I think my boys would be happier living with their Dad and I would assure them that I would always be there for them and that they could visit anytime they were comfortable. It is only an hour away. How do I break the news to my children without having them feel insecure or feeling like I am leaving them? I have to start fresh in my new life.
She asked us what she should do...She stated that her boys would be happier living with their father...meaning they are living with her. She is moving in with a married man who has not left his wife yet but would be moving an hour away and they could come visit her anytime when they were comfy. Tell me SierraAZ how you would have felt at age 17 if your mother said to you go live with your dad because i am moving in with another man. Im only an hour away and you can visit with me anytime you feel comfy...I need to start a fresh new life. Here is what a teenager would hear…my mom is leaving me and moving an hour away from me and is making me go live with my dad who I don’t want to live with and I can come visit her anytime. Visit her not be cared for by her…and she needs a fresh start in her new life..the life where she never wanted to be a mother.
But she will get her wish if she does that..she will be lucky to meet her grandchildren!
No one is suggesting she should not have a life..although I know what its like to be cheated on and for my father to cheat on my mother so I will refrain from going into that..I know first hand what that feels like. But perhaps this man if she is bound and determined to live with someone else’s husband can move in with her and her sons. They would not like it but at least they would not be abandoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships