Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa Johnston View Post
Divorce is just a technicality and imminent. My kids love me and of this I am sure. I am a proud mother and protective of them! I will not be leaving them. It will be their option to stay close to friends or not, but I feel they would rather live with their father. Their Dad and I have not fought for custody. We let the kids decide where they are most comfortable and also the Dad is in another relationship as well!!!

Call it whatever you want - pretty it up however you can to justify it - but your kids will feel abandoned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 09:44 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
sierra, you might have to have kids to understand this one okay?

You and I both left home at 17 so we know not all 17 year olds need "mama" the same way - but we were girls.

Kids are the ones that are SUPPOSED to leave home, not mom.

When mom leaves before a kid is ready to be off on his own I can almost gaurantee you there will be problems, especially for a boy. There would of course be exceptions to this, but a good mom would not want to run the risk.

A young man is going to chose a woman, most times subconsciously, on who their mom is. Oh sure, they can outwardly claim to hate her or be disgusted by her and STILL chose women just like her.

This mom has already made enough bad choices that will most likely dramatically effect her sons. Completely getting up and going off with a man who is not their father and whom they greatly dislike is a disaster in the making.
I don't observe particularly good results of this babying forever.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't observe particularly good results of this babying forever.
I don't either, but her 17 year old son is still a minor and shouldn't uprooted from his home, due to his mother's new love interest

Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,044 times
where are you?????if you decided to post hier and ask for an opinion,then DO NOT BE A COWARD woman....come and talk and stop hiding and finding excuses....

or the answers you got,did not satisfy you and confirm your disguesting intentions????????????????

shame on you!!you are selfish,coward,irresponsable mother!!!

A MINOR IS A MINOR!!!!GET IT?????17 is a minor!!!!!!!!!!!!!if he wanted to stay with his father,he would be already at his father..you threw your minor child away for a penis,you push him to his father,therow him out of his nest!!!shame on you!!!happy???you will be happy??????NEVER!!!i tell you!!!with such a conscious you will never be happy,leaving your MINOR CHILD BEHIND!!!do not call yourself a mother!!!you are selfish monster!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
How do you break it to them? You just tell them. And you prepare yourself for the probable resentment and rift that will follow and color your life for many years. Sorry. This is your choice, and your happiness, as you say, but you have to be willing to accept the fact that while it may cause you happiness on the man front, it's probably going to cause you unhappiness on the children front. You're the one who has to decide which is worth more in your life.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
where are you?????if you decided to post hier and ask for an opinion,then DO NOT BE A COWARD woman....come and talk and stop hiding and finding excuses....

or the answers you got,did not satisfy you and confirm your disguesting intentions????????????????

shame on you!!you are selfish,coward,irresponsable mother!!!

A MINOR IS A MINOR!!!!GET IT?????17 is a minor!!!!!!!!!!!!!if he wanted to stay with his father,he would be already at his father..you threw your minor child away for a penis,you push him to his father,therow him out of his nest!!!shame on you!!!happy???you will be happy??????NEVER!!!i tell you!!!with such a conscious you will never be happy,leaving your MINOR CHILD BEHIND!!!do not call yourself a mother!!!you are selfish monster!!!
Please stop screaming and insulting this poster. You are out of line.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This has not been my experience. My 19 yr old daughter was at the dinner table almost every night of the week until the day she left for college. My 13 year old is home every school night and glued to my side most of the weekend. I do not think this is exceptional.
Yep, my parents had a house full of teens (four of us at once), and we had a functional family that talked, enjoyed one another's company, and spent time together (in addition to spending time with friends, in sports and other extracurriculars, going out, etc.). It seems to comes as a shock to some that "teenager" does not necessarily equal "sullen, black-clad, hiding in room, sneaking out windows, and avoiding parents at all costs," or that most teens, in fact, would be distressed with their mother telling them, "Yep, got a new man...moving away with him...I really need to start a new life that doesn't involve you, but you can come visit if you like, even though you don't get along."

Old 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yeah, that's just bizarre.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, well... The screams are always revealing enough - they show what kind of a source they come from.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:20 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesa Johnston View Post
He is also separating from his relationship to be with me. It is a very difficult situation. What should I do?
How long do you see this relationship lasting? If he will cheat with you then he may cheat on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships