Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
#1. They know they're wrong because there's the possibility they won't have their cake to eat it too if YOU leave them (dishonesty gets them what they want, with the truth you'll leave/dump them). Then they're stuck with the bimbo they cheated on you with and you're not around for the rebound.

#2. They don't really care about your feelings because they're selfish and you're NEVER a consideration when the -thing they want- is inbetween you and THEM.
(YOU) -thing they want- (THEM)

#3. When the ego is bruised they'll come back as if NOTHING happened.

When you have those three things in a man of that character...Run like hell cause he's not going to change. They did it because in their mind THEY DESERVE to have YOU and -thing they want-. Some men are motivated only by Ego, Ego, Ego (me me me).

There's women who manipulate like that too, and the men should run like hell as well.
I think this pretty much says it all. I think these men are narcissists, perhaps sociopaths, charming, manipulative and want their cake and to eat it too. I also think they don't want to grow up and commit to one person, as it's more fun to stroke their ego and pretend they are really the stud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I didn't mean YOU in particular, but it's kind of strange NOBODY did, don't you think?
What’s strange about it?

At the time I opened it up, saw how long it was and exited. I often do that with threads that are too long.

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 02-03-2011 at 08:31 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Oh, I didn't mean YOU in particular, but it's kind of strange NOBODY did, don't you think?
Not really. Perhaps contracting HIV from straight white males is fairly rare, but it happens. I must say that it wasn't foremost on my own mind when I made the STD reference though.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Could you, please, elaborate some on how it would benefit the one being told? Let's assume we're talking about a long-term marriage with children and assets.
So you can enjoy the same rights and freedoms of which they have already availed themselves. So you can make the same choice they already made. So you can prepare yourself for the worst and get ready for life on your own. So you can decide to either be a victim or take control of the situation. So you can get yourself checked out for STDs. So you can either fix your marriage or walk away.

Kids or not, you still get to choose. Your H had children when he elected to cheat. You have the same right to self determination he has.

That's just a few of the reasons. And I can think of nothing worse than being told by the 'other woman', or a friend/acquaintance. If the cheating goes on long term, it's just a matter of time until the wife finds out. Cheating is bad enough, then add in making a fool out of me in front of friends and perhaps co-workers.

I would always rather know the truth. Knowing would force me to wake up and start seeing this man as he really is.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I would always rather know the truth. Knowing would force me to wake up and start seeing this man as he really is.
Absolutely.

There must be nothing more humiliating than when everyone but you knows about your cheating spouse.

F that. Grow a pair and confess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships