Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 11:53 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Relieve their conscience? If they felt any guilt, I doubt it would be from not telling the guy they were married. Disclosed or not, they're guilty....lol.

Men and women do it, sure. That doesn't change the fact that they can't cheat without the participation of another. They are getting help.
about judging. we can judge ACTS without judging the person.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I don't think the dig about his wife was necessary, regardless, are you saying that older married women are never easy prey? Your experiences do not make it the case for all of them. And while they are responsible for their own choices, some of them are more vulnerable than others. There are men, who will target them for their vulnerabilities and work it to their own advantage. That does make them prey, even if they consent.
I don't care how vulnerable you think they are, they are grown adults.

Some people are vulnerable to alcoholism and I don't see people protesting in front of liquor stores with signs saying "predator".

Grown adults make there own decisions. Married women are NOT children. If they chose to cheat, the responsability falls on them. Even moreso if they are older than him and should know better.

You can twist that any way you want, individuals are responsible for their actions, regardless of outside influence.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Are you a Taliban or something?

A man who goes after a guy who slept with his wife is not only misguided but a downright criminal.

Having sex with someone is legal. Assaulting isn't.

Your insinuation that this kind of 'punishment' is deserved is rather troublesome.
I'm not insinuating anything. I'm just pointing out what's in the newspaper every day. Only an idiot ignores this possibility.

Okay, look, I get it. You enjoy rationalizing. Somehow in your heart, if this guy isn't married, then any available woman--married or not--is fair game. Using this same rationalization, I suppose that you would take the cash in a wallet you found on the sidewalk or ride away on a bicycle that wasn't chained to its lamppost. In other words, if there is not an immediate consequence for your actions then it's fair game, right?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Why are you so bitterly angry with him??

These women come out and be honest (that's a woman thing) to tell them they are married. I don't know...probably to relieve their conscience so that he doesn't get mad if he ever found out they were married.

Anyways, no one is helping anyone cheat. If these wives are out there doing these things it wouldn't be any different then a woman doing it. She may sleep with a married man just to get him to leave his wife.

It's all the same thing. I don't know why he would even have coffee and chit chat with them but he shouldn't even do that.
I am getting that the older, married women are looking to him for a "shoulder to cry on" about their marriages, etc. The women go into the relationship with this younger man as a non-threatening, friends relationship to hear the man's side of their story or so they can dump on him their unhappiness. He's a willing ear. From there, it becomes emotional for these women and then finally sexual.

Is the OP stringing them along to hit it? Who knows? Only he does. But whatever, he is not innocent or confused. He knows that he is preying on these types of women in his life right now because they are easy to get sexually.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
about judging. we can judge ACTS without judging the person.
Yes, that is correct. I am judging his acts and not him as a person.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I don't care how vulnerable you think they are, they are grown adults.

Some people are vulnerable to alcoholism and I don't see people protesting in front of liquor stores with signs saying "predator".
If I have a friend who is drunk and about to leave my party, should I stop him and say, "Hey, let me call you a cab?" I believe I should. In some places, that's even the law. You might not agree, and I don't think the OP would agree, but I believe we owe some consideration to our fellow humans in that respect.

If I have a friend who is an alcoholic but has been sober for a few months, and he asks me for a drink, I'm going to say no. I'm not going to let him use me to sabotage his life. I can't control him, but I can control whether I participate in his self-destructive behavior. This is what the OP is doing, in my opinion.

Quote:
You can twist that any way you want, individuals are responsible for their actions, regardless of outside influence.
If someone gave me a gift and I found out it was stolen, what should I do? Is it wrong to keep the gift? I didn't steal it, but I can get in trouble for possession of stolen property. I understand that adultery is not illegal, so a legal crime did not take place (alienation of affection lawsuits notwithstanding), but I believe I would also be morally culpable. Allowing oneself to be party to a deceptive or immoral act is wrong.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I am getting that the older, married women are looking to him for a "shoulder to cry on" about their marriages, etc. The women go into the relationship with this younger man as a non-threatening, friends relationship to hear the man's side of their story or so they can dump on him their unhappiness. He's a willing ear. From there, it becomes emotional for these women and then finally sexual.

Is the OP stringing them along to hit it? Who knows? Only he does. But whatever, he is not innocent or confused. He knows that he is preying on these types of women in his life right now because they are easy to get sexually.
my wife's easy to get sexually, i just jump on top of her. and if mr chin thinks it's crazy that a husband could get jealous then he's pretty oblivious to the ways of the world these days. if i didn't know the guy at all i MIGHT not do anything BUT if i knew him even the teeeniest little bit he'd be very sorry he touched my wife.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Stop calling him a predator, it. is. not. illegal. to. flirt. with. married. women. Tone down your language, you might be more credible.
meh. from my personal experience, when I went after "easy chicks", it wasn't because I was some kind of slick predator. It was because I was insecure and had low standards. Married women are not exactly a prized catch, unless you are out of options.

IMO, in this situation, everyone is sucking in their respective role. The husband is obviously not fullfilling his wife needs. The wife can't fix her marriage so she cheats. And the guy who the wife sleeps with would probably prefer being with a nice young single girl.

But still, 100% of the blame falls on the woman for 'pulling the trigger'. I'm not even sure if I'd call that 'blame'. The cheating just might be beneficial (providing the husband knows about it). Perhaps cheating will expediate the end of a marriage that could've lingered on for no reason. Perhaps she'll be happier after divorce. Or maybe it would reinforce and redefine her marriage. Perhaps the young man that last episode will have boosted his ego sufficiently enough to move on to more serious things. Maybe he'll find love with that lady. Maybe whatever...

This is really a pointless conversation come to think of it.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelBrock77 View Post
I... A woman offered herself and I said yes. What can I tell you? She was married... Well you know that? She knew she was married before I did and THATS WHERE IT SHOULDVE STOPPED!
Yes it should. Why did you not stop it?
Quote:
It isn't my job to police the world checking everyone hands for their wedding rings.
No it is not your job. However once you know the situation you are responsible for your actions. Ignorance may excuse once, but there is never an excuse for repeating bad behavior.
Quote:
Do I make their situation worse??? YES I do...
Than do not do it. If you know that it is bad, and you still go ahead, than you are bad through and through.
Quote:
Also, with the addict/dealer stuff... Youre calling me the dealer??? Trust me, I didnt even know the product was on the market until it was aved in front of my face.
Well now you know. So you have no more justification. Stop giving away the product free initially to get more clients.
Quote:
Finally, I'm a bad person? I love that part. About 75% of the postings call me a bad person.
They are correct in doing so.
Quote:
People wonder what's wrong with me??? Whats wrong with a woman who takes wedding vows and obviously doesnt take them seriously?
Excusing your bad actions because the married women are bad is a poor rationalization. Your actions are yours! You are responsible for you.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM

I guess I shouldn't have said "easy to get sexually".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships