Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:46 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I am back at my parents' house for a few days and they are doing a ton of remodeling. They threw out most of my childhood and whatever they didn't get to, is it boxes =(

Most of my stuffed animals are left. Nearly all of them are important to me so I want to keep them. I now live alone and I am casually dating.

If a guy comes to my place for whatever reason, is it a turn off if he sees a ton of rabbit, penguin, and Woody Woodpecker stuffed animals in my bedroom? Is this the kind of thing I should keep in my closest LOL?

Once my ex-husbands friend told me, he didnt meet a woman who didnt like stuffed animals.
I know men who have them too..My boyfriend now still has the bear that he had when he was little, the kids were teasing him at school for having such big glasses so his grandma put glasses on the bear too,
Maybe put a few on your bed, just as long as your room dont look like its for a 3 year old then you'll be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 08:53 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,580,202 times
Eh, I think it depends on the guy. Truth is, if you are a girl who really likes stuffed animals and he is a guy that is turned off by that, you two won't be a match. So it really won't matter if they're in the closet or out on the bed.

Personally if we're really talking about a ton of stuffed animals, I would choose a few favorites to display and keep the rest tucked away. At first I saved many things from my childhood. Then as I grew older, I discovered that I didn't really feel the need to hold on to those things any longer. I kept some special mementos, of course, but some of the stuffed animals and toys I had once loved to collect really didn't matter so much to me any more, so I donated them.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,028 times
I'm not personally a big fan of stuffed animals and nothing would turn me off more than say if I was seeing a guy who kept stuffed animals... I don't know how the men feel when it's a woman but the bedroom should be a place you live out your fantasies and the last thing I want is Woody Woodpecker staring me down while I'm in the heat of it... I want the pecker in me not on me. LOL

Old 02-04-2011, 08:58 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm not personally a big fan of stuffed animals and nothing would turn me off more than say if I was seeing a guy who kept stuffed animals... I don't know how the men feel when it's a woman but the bedroom should be a place you live out your fantasies and the last thing I want is Woody Woodpecker staring me down while I'm in the heat of it... I want the pecker in me not on me. LOL

Andrea, too funny!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
A guy having stuffed animals would be pretty rare, I'd say. Of course, they may have batmen, dragons, or whatever the heck they get excited about (the younger ones).

Yeah, I've seen articles advising women not to keep stuffed animals in their bedroom and they do make sense to some degree. At that time my monkeys made me happy, so I had them, and they didn't seem to impair my love life. Now I don't have stuffed animals in display, but I don't have a love life. In other words, I don't think there is direct correlation between the two, and if somebody wants to dismiss a person over it, I'd say "good riddance."

Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Teddy Bears are about my only "vice", and I could not care less what people think about it. I think you have to be comfortable with yourself and if people are willing to dismiss you as a worthwhile individual because you happen to enjoy having some cuddly creatures around then it is their loss.

I think as long as your house does not look like a day care centre there should be no issue. I have had people mock me for my Teddy Bears who were obsessed with sports or collected bizarre objects so quite frankly I feel we all have our little quirks. I would rather spend some quiet time with Georges my Hippo than people who get completely blotto at the week-end or many social bores I know personally.

My Teddy Bears ( I hate the word stuffed animals, sounds like Taxidermy to me !) are part of who I am , they comfort me when I am down , they are part of the "family" so to speak and my "proclivity" does not harm anyone so what is the big deal ?

I am fortunate because Hubby really loves them too. It is not as though they are everywhere invading the house and the decor of our house is "teddy Bear" wallpapers or anything. Our house does not even look that feminine I don't think.

To me it is all about balance. Nothing wrong with Teddy Bears as long as they don't take over your life. Same with almost everything else in life.

If you love them , if they make you happy then anyone who sees it as a problem is not worth having as a friend.

Obsession would be unhealthy, but a few Teds in one place in your house, should really be no big deal.

I seem to manage a busy and relatively normal life despite this perversion of mine !

Old 02-04-2011, 11:28 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
A guy with a stuffed animal? I don't care what you all think I love my woowoo. Yes "woowoo" is what I have called a stuffed dog since I was hardly able to speak as a little kid. Mom bought me a dalmation when I was a little kid, and I still have a "woowoo".

I don't collect stuffed animals, that would be a bit gay lol, but hey, I can appreciate a sentimental one.

As far as a chick having them, I don't mind, if that's what you like and its your place to decorate how you want.

As far as Andrea well...lol.

//www.city-data.com/forum/8041382-post775.html

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,254,619 times
Keep them and don't expect a reaction either way. Guys are good at hinting but not so great at talking out their feelings. So he would give a hint or he might mention something to you if it bothered him.

For instance, if he sees all your stuffed animals and draws a blank face, or if he bucks his eyes in bewilderment, or if he smiles and says, "how cute", or if he picks one up and says, "can I have this one", or he may not notice them the way you do. He may look right past them and more at your personal things, or he may decide to distance himself from you. Either way, he will let you know.

Last edited by lookup138; 02-04-2011 at 11:45 AM..

Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A guy with a stuffed animal? I don't care what you all think I love my woowoo. Yes "woowoo" is what I have called a stuffed dog since I was hardly able to speak as a little kid. Mom bought me a dalmation when I was a little kid, and I still have a "woowoo".

//www.city-data.com/forum/8041382-post775.html
Aaaww, you big ol' cuddly softie!

Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I am back at my parents' house for a few days and they are doing a ton of remodeling. They threw out most of my childhood and whatever they didn't get to, is it boxes =(

Most of my stuffed animals are left. Nearly all of them are important to me so I want to keep them. I now live alone and I am casually dating.

If a guy comes to my place for whatever reason, is it a turn off if he sees a ton of rabbit, penguin, and Woody Woodpecker stuffed animals in my bedroom? Is this the kind of thing I should keep in my closest LOL?
OMG. Yes. It tells the guy that your infantile, mired in some pre-adolescent fantasy world. If you use the words Prince Charming, Mr. Right, or Knight In Shining Armor as well, it simply cements that belief.

One stuffed animal as a memento of childhood is fine. Multiple stuffed animals is just plain weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships