Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
When you walk in on somebody doing something, tell them how your way of doing it is superior and tell them why. Iinstruct them on how you do it. Then correct people on their piddly mistakes. Then tell them how disappointed you are in your successful life when theirs obviously sucks more. Or complain about your flat abs around people who are flabby. People will take this to be conceited behavior. I used to think this was normal behavior but now I know just how conceited I have been. I thought I was just stating facts. But average people just can't handle superior standards.
If they are average then thats their problem. They talk about wishes but never do them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here's something to think about. When a person is conceited, we say he is "full of himself." Wouldn't you rather be full of something more meaningful, like "full of knowledge" or "full of kindness" or "full of fun"? Being full of yourself is nothing if your "self" has no substance.
Its better then being nobody or unnoticed.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
I'd rather be a nobody or unnoticed then a jackwagon that people make fun of. You're setting yourself up for failure. Why not just being a nice, honest person so that you can meet nice, honest women?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
If they are average then thats their problem. They talk about wishes but never do them.
Quote:
Its better then being nobody or unnoticed.
Don't let people bother you with nothing to add other than b*tching. I know a guy who writes product reviews and takes pics for net forums. Some douche bag always has something smarta$$ to say for him owning one in the first place. Some of these items are rather expensive for the less hardcore enthusiast. It's not his problem he is an informed customer and has many years experience on what works and what to buy. Guys like that are just plain a$$es! They are the conceited ones, not him. Like he says.... F*** THEM!

Old 02-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
This guy really knows his stuff. He helps me anytime I need a question answered that is what he specializes in. Maybe it's because I don't insult him like those other guys do? Anyone who needs help or wants to ask a question, he will be glad to answer and not send you a bill in the mail for it. Now that's far from what the guys who troll his posts and threads say about him. I happen to like the guy.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:09 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I'll also say that if you look at the really amazing people, they're usually very down to earth and have an air of humility around 'em. Just look at Salvatore Giunta, who was awarded the Medal of Honor recently. It's an extraordinary honor for extraordinary people, and he's incredibly humble about it.

That's much more admirable and attractive to women than some loudmouthed braggart.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'll also say that if you look at the really amazing people, they're usually very down to earth and have an air of humility around 'em. Just look at Salvatore Giunta, who was awarded the Medal of Honor recently. It's an extraordinary honor for extraordinary people, and he's incredibly humble about it.

That's much more admirable and attractive to women than some loudmouthed braggart.
Anyone who listens as much as they speak is far from a braggart. I don't think much of people who never speak a word for fear of offending some a-hole. If you listened to all of the people you bested, you would be worth nothing and they have just as much knowledge or accomplishments. Some people just can't tell the difference. This guy told me he is about to forget the whole thing because of it. He spends his own dime trying to help and people are ungrateful fools about it. It's sad really.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:37 PM

35 posts, read 57,712 times
Not sure why you want to be coined as conceited but anyways...Just be as selfish as you can. Don't do any favors for anyone and you can guarantee you will be alone forever.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabav8r View Post
Not sure why you want to be coined as conceited but anyways...Just be as selfish as you can. Don't do any favors for anyone and you can guarantee you will be alone forever.
How about the guys who do nothing but favors and never ask for any in return? I can tell the difference.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:49 PM

I know a wealthy widow who is extremely well off from the death of her husband. She hires a cook everyday to cook breakfast and lunch for anyone who wants to come to her home and eat. I'm sure someone who finishes eating her food and leaves says something smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships