Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I'd like to use Muhammad Ali as an example. He always had a way of getting under his opponents skin before a fight. lol He used physiology to get into their head. Saying whatever he needed to get the other guy upset or angry. He might have came across as that way to some. The truth, he was the best and could knock any mofo out. He was also a very nice guy. I bet women still are scratching their heads on him even now. We knew, we always did!
Ali said he is the greatest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Texas User, in order to be cocky and conceited, you have to believe you are better than everyone else for some reason. So what are you selling? Are you handsome or smart or what? A conceited guy with no goods is a douche.
Its still better then being a doormat/nice guy.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 PM

I am the best of the best!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Highly confident? You mean overconfident?
Some would see it that way. It depends on the person observing.

Quote:
Ali said he is the greatest.
Yeah he did. So what, it was true for the time. Someone who knows just how good they are and worked that hard to achieve it shouldn't hide because someone my become jealous. I'm not the greatest or the best ever, but I'm pretty good at being ME and what I do. So much so, it makes others nervous around my presence. That's their problem, not mine. When you do what you do and try to relate with others or explain it and they don't get it, it's not my problem. You are even nice about it and try to teach or show them. Rather than be thankful they get pi*ssed off sometimes. They have the chip on their shoulder or the attitude problem or malfunction, not me. Someone cocky or arrogant would never offer help or to help in the first place for FREE.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Its still better then being a doormat/nice guy.
There is a happy medium. Not putting up with peoples crap should be seen as a positive trait, not a negative one.

Quote:
I am the best of the best!
So you say! lol Do other men make sure to get a squeeze in or pat their girlfriend or wife on the butt in attempts to say.. "she's mine"? That's when you know you have arrived!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM

That's not me Tex. Is it you? lol

Old 02-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Some would see it that way. It depends on the person observing.

Yeah he did. So what, it was true for the time. Someone who knows just how good they are and worked that hard to achieve it shouldn't hide because someone my become jealous. I'm not the greatest or the best ever, but I'm pretty good at being ME and what I do. So much so, it makes others nervous around my presence. That's their problem, not mine. When you do what you do and try to relate with others or explain it and they don't get it, it's not my problem. You are even nice about it and try to teach or show them. Rather than be thankful they get pi*ssed off sometimes. They have the chip on their shoulder or the attitude problem or malfunction, not me. Someone cocky or arrogant would never offer help or to help in the first place for FREE.
So it is ok to brag yourself accomplishments.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
So it is ok to brag yourself accomplishments.
I don't like the term brag. If someone asks you what you are capable of or have done in your life, I don't see anything wrong with telling them. I would think that the guy who has nothing or very little to say has very little if anything to be proud of. You know "THAT" guy. He sits in the back corner and doesn't speak a word. I don't get jealous about someones success and achievements. IF the guy made a million last week on Wall Street, cool for him. Tell me how you got that knowledge to do it and was it just luck? I get interested in things like that. Oh, you just bought a Corvette. Cool, what did you get on it? How do you like it? The guy who gets p*ssed and jealous because he drives a Caviler has issues. Maybe that's why wealthy people come up to me and just start spilling their life history at random with me. I'm not the type to ridicule them or snub them. I want to hear about it.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Do not be conceited or stuck up. You will make powerful enemies.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM

My dentists talks to me about the African safaris he goes on at part of MY expense. lol I also see his Mercedes parked out in the lot. He talks to me about fishing off his pier at his house on the lake and how they have been biting. Hey, he went to school and worked his butt off for it. He is also the best in the area and is highly intelligent. He earned it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships