Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 02:25 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessClassic View Post
Exactly!!! I meet so many women who have a laundry list of what they expect in a guy but are shocked and lost for words when I ask them what they have offer. Blank look is all I get. One girl said "Why should I offer anything? I'm a woman!" Another said she expects respect. I told her you command respect, you don't demand respect (meaning respect has to be earned). Off she went into the sunset complaining to her friends.
Get it bro! That's how you put princessy, entitled women in their place, flip the script on them. She did you a favor because chances are, if you two would've gotten together, it would've been hell.

Quote:
Especially when our list is or should be fairly easy to meet. I think in general we aren't as picky. Is it asking too much for an equal in looks and a loving, loyal, trustworthy, responsible mate? Most of us don't get hung up on the small stuff and blow it out of proportion the same way. The older we get, personality means more and more all the time. I'd take someone who is cute with a personality and steady job over a hot one with a six figure job and a attitude straight outta hell
Is it asking too much to have the same you require of a prospective mate? This is the "princessy, entitled" mentality most women have; They expect for men to have this, that and the third when they forget to ask themselves, or a man reverses the question of what they have to offer back on them. As stated by TimelessClassic, when men flip the script, they ride off into the sunset complaining to their sorry friends about how he's such a jerk. No, most sensible men aren't going to cater to any woman because she says "I'm a woman so you should do this, that and the third for me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 02:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
That just seems to be happening lately. Either I'm just meeting the wrong types of people or I need to "manage" the drama better. Maybe a little of both :-)
I think it also depends on where you're hanging out and what you're doing with your time.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:38 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What about the Vulcan mind meld?
I find that rarely works with cantaloupes.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:39 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Get it bro! That's how you put princessy, entitled women in their place, flip the script on them. She did you a favor because chances are, if you two would've gotten together, it would've been hell.

Is it asking too much to have the same you require of a prospective mate? This is the "princessy, entitled" mentality most women have; They expect for men to have this, that and the third when they forget to ask themselves, or a man reverses the question of what they have to offer back on them. As stated by TimelessClassic, when men flip the script, they ride off into the sunset complaining to their sorry friends about how he's such a jerk. No, most sensible men aren't going to cater to any woman because she says "I'm a woman so you should do this, that and the third for me"
Call me a jerk girls. I do this. I flip the script like they do. I want to know what I'm getting.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I really don’t understand what's so demanding about wanting someone who is loyal, honest, loving and responsible. And in case you ask, yes, I am those things. To me, those traits are baseline. Yes, some people are below baseline, but simple characteristics such as those are the minimum criteria to be a reasonable mate. Not loyal? Not honest? Take a hike.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,283,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Men how do you tell a good women from a bad one?.
If you are part of the rare breed that met an honest, caring, loyal women and you guys have been together for a while how did you score such a gem?
Single guys out there with experience under their belt; what do you look for to tell if a women is with the light or serving the dark side?
What are some tricks, hints, tactics, or plays you use?

Really want to hear from the O.G's on this topic.

I really want this thread to grow with some good Intel so we can help out the other guys on this forum who have trouble like me as well.

Some things my friend looks for is a women's upbringing and how she was raised.
His current girlfriend never cheated on him and he says its just do to her upbringing. She has been with him for 3 years now and she hasn't lied to him once.
Thats astonishing.

He says a women raised with love, a family, has a father figure and brought up strict it plays a big part in if she will turn evil or not.

So what are your views fellas?
News Flash**** I am not a 'fella' but I thought I'd give a shot at answering this.

First off, to label good or bad is unfair. Just because you aren't a match to someone who (as a previous poster's taste indicates) has more than $40 dollars worth of jewlery doesn't mean there isn't a partner out there she is perfect for. This doesn't make this person *bad*, it just makes them a *bad* match for you.

I think the key to finding someone you mesh with is finding someone who you don't feel you need to explain or apoliogize for or worse, you have to change yourself to please. If a person cannot accept you for who you are, then they aren't right for you.

I would describe myself as honest, caring and loyal... but I am also strong, independant and outspoken... even fierce in my beliefs. I grew up without a father. I have tattoos. I also have held the same job for over a decade, pay my bills on time and can play nice with my husband's ex. I do not ask my husband for anything I am not willing to do.... except maybe kill a spider.

Before you can find a good (for you) woman, you need to be comfortable in the man you are. Once you know who you are, you will be able to find a mate who compliments you... just as you do her.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I really don’t understand what's so demanding about wanting someone who is loyal, honest, loving and responsible. And in case you ask, yes, I am those things. To me, those traits are baseline. Yes, some people are below baseline, but simple characteristics such as those are the minimum criteria to be a reasonable mate. Not loyal? Not honest? Take a hike.
It's not demanding if you have what you're requiring, but if you have NONE of what you listed, you have no right to demand this, that and the third. In your case, you have a right to require a man be loyal, honest and trustworthy because you are those things.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
It's not demanding if you have what you're requiring, but if you have NONE of what you listed, you have no right to demand this, that and the third. In your case, you have a right to require a man be loyal, honest and trustworthy because you are those things.
A woman who is treacherous, dishonest, irresponsible and unloving is a fruitcake, and wise men would run away from her.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
News Flash**** I am not a 'fella' but I thought I'd give a shot at answering this.

First off, to label good or bad is unfair. Just because you aren't a match to someone who (as a previous poster's taste indicates) has more than $40 dollars worth of jewlery doesn't mean there isn't a partner out there she is perfect for. This doesn't make this person *bad*, it just makes them a *bad* match for you.

I think the key to finding someone you mesh with is finding someone who you don't feel you need to explain or apoliogize for or worse, you have to change yourself to please. If a person cannot accept you for who you are, then they aren't right for you.

I would describe myself as honest, caring and loyal... but I am also strong, independant and outspoken... even fierce in my beliefs. I grew up without a father. I have tattoos. I also have held the same job for over a decade, pay my bills on time and can play nice with my husband's ex. I do not ask my husband for anything I am not willing to do.... except maybe kill a spider.

Before you can find a good (for you) woman, you need to be comfortable in the man you are. Once you know who you are, you will be able to find a mate who compliments you... just as you do her.
We already know. I let it rip and see where it takes me. If she doesn't like me or who I am then it was a blessing. I think if more guys put themselves out there in a "actual mode" less women would be mistaken and fooled thus reducing nasty breakups and divorce. You get what you get with me. That's all I was ever good at and who I am.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Story of my life too. I also started out that way and then learned.

I had a similar situation with a friend. No job, no career, no education, no goals, no ambition, but partying and chasing women all day. But this guy did get girls. - lots of them :-). I dropped him from my social circle because I didn't want the partying 5 days a week lifestyle and didn't care for the drama every time I hung out with him and his social circle.

We should be fortunate we learned it some guys refuse to accept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships