Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Give her a Cabela's Gift Card.

Cabela's: Gift Cards
I still need to use mine from Christmas.

Or instead of flowers. Whisper in her ear the dirtiest thing you can think of. If she doesn't hit you, you are good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I still need to use mine from Christmas.

Or instead of flowers. Whisper in her ear the dirtiest thing you can think of. If she doesn't hit you, you are good to go.

Thar are many ladies whom love the outdoors, fishin, boatin, plinking, etc etc...

Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Thar are many ladies whom love the outdoors, fishin, boatin, plinking, etc etc...
Dark skippy. They are the best kind. Or those that are willing to try it, that works for me.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
If at the end of the day, you are not gonna get laid, don't get the flowers. Save your money and have some "me" time.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
I think it's fine if it's not red roses (or any roses for that matter). Maybe something non-threatening like a sunflower or daisies. Personally I hate flowers because I hate when they die and I have to clean up mold etc. So make sure she is the type who likes flowers. A guy friend sometimes bring over flowers for me and my old roommate - no big deal. You can literally spend like $1 for a flower, it's really not that huge a monetary sacrifce and it is a nice gesture to make her feel better.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
It's not about what women say they want, because even you know, what they say they want and what they're attracted to are two completely different things. It's really about pushing her buttons, making her question her value, not confirming it. Your trynna get the OP stuck in the friend zone.
Pretty much.

Flirting is a game of advance and retreat. You can't go all in with the flowers right off the bat.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:24 AM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
Don't get anything for her on VD. Just keep talking, flirting and better yet, take a risk and ask her out. That's the only way to gauge her interest. If I wasn't interested in a guy who got me something I'd just think, "Oh, what a nice guy." (the end). VD is for people already involved. Don't force it because of a holiday.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:30 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Give her a Cabela's Gift Card.

Cabela's: Gift Cards
Oooh, I wish someone would give me one of those.

Being as our gal has already shown a great deal of interest in the OP, I think he should send her something on VD--sure, chocolate would be great, or roses, or whatever. When you're too shy to show interest in any other way, then this is the way to go.

This from another woman--don't listen to the bitter young men who don't know the whole story anyway. All they can think about is getting laid and then they wonder why girls don't go for it. Yes, yes, I know that's what all men want, but some men actually want to have feelings for the woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships