Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 02:46 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
He's not your boyfriend. Don't test people like this, it's completely unfair. If I got the same response you gave him, I wouldn't go out of my way for you.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 03:21 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
I'm sorry but the OP is talking out both sides of her mouth to this guy - even I'm confused. She tells him to back down, but gets ticked when he doesn't come running at her every need. We used to call that one 'whipped' boy. She says they've only been together a few weeks and told him she wasn't sure if she wanted a serious relationship and at the exact same time is expecting him to jump for her - make up your mind. When he said, "I wish I could make you feel better...." that blatantly screamed to me "I wish I could make you feel better but you don't want me to." The whole cough medicine and walking to the store - oh the drama...how do you manage without him any other time because you told him to back down? So, you obviously have some sort of self -sufficient personality. No one has asked so and if so they didn't get an answer so I'll be straight up - how old are the two of you?

I'm not even going to venture into the googling his name and then confronting him about it when she didn't want to be in a relationship and told me that. There was nothing to confront. I would have run not walked at that point.

I'm sorry but the OP is telling him two different things and he doesn't know what the hell to do and it's completely unfair to pin this on him as him being a jerk. If he already had plans and was set to go -oh well. I would never expect a guy to drop everything to tend to my needs in a situation like this at all. The OP wants two different things at the same time and the pushing and pulling is awfully confusing. This is coming from a female perspective too. Plus it was never clarified what, exactly, she actually asked of him...she glossed right over all those posts and everything connected to it including the walking to the store part.

I'll ask again - how old are you two?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Well that confirms it, men are from mars and women are from venus...How have I lived all these years without one in my life?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'm sorry but the OP is talking out both sides of her mouth to this guy - even I'm confused. She tells him to back down, but gets ticked when he doesn't come running at her every need. We used to call that one 'whipped' boy. She says they've only been together a few weeks and told him she wasn't sure if she wanted a serious relationship and at the exact same time is expecting him to jump for her - make up your mind. When he said, "I wish I could make you feel better...." that blatantly screamed to me "I wish I could make you feel better but you don't want me to." The whole cough medicine and walking to the store - oh the drama...how do you manage without him any other time because you told him to back down? So, you obviously have some sort of self -sufficient personality. No one has asked so and if so they didn't get an answer so I'll be straight up - how old are the two of you?

I'm not even going to venture into the googling his name and then confronting him about it when she didn't want to be in a relationship and told me that. There was nothing to confront. I would have run not walked at that point.

I'm sorry but the OP is telling him two different things and he doesn't know what the hell to do and it's completely unfair to pin this on him as him being a jerk. If he already had plans and was set to go -oh well. I would never expect a guy to drop everything to tend to my needs in a situation like this at all. The OP wants two different things at the same time and the pushing and pulling is awfully confusing. This is coming from a female perspective too. Plus it was never clarified what, exactly, she actually asked of him...she glossed right over all those posts and everything connected to it including the walking to the store part.

Excellent post.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I totally agree. Who would have got you the medicine 2 weeks ago before you met this guy?
Maybe a friend that cared just a little more?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:08 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
While he certainly owes you nothing at this point, if he were "into you" he'd probably have shown his interest by at least getting the medicine for you, even if he didn't come in and expose himself to your illness. So, either he's not into you enough to matter, or you've given him the idea that he's not important enough to you for him to do more than say he wishes he could make you feel better - which is not the same as doing something to make you feel better.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

I agree with Thursday and the others who said that it's not fair to expect the guy to act like a boyfriend when you told him he isn't. Yes, it would have been nice for him to bring you medicine, and yes, from what you've said the two of you might not be compatible anyway. But we don't know how sick you really were or whether he thought you were being overdramatic and testing him. What I want to know is ... how far away does this guy live? And does he have a car? I wouldn't have thought to ask the latter, but you don't seem to (walking in the cold) so who knows.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:51 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami*imA View Post
I've been seeing this guy for just several weeks, everything has been fine and we see each other almost every other day. He said he wants a serious exclusive relationship and I told him I need more time (and I explained it's not like I want to date other guys, I just want to see if we're compatible before I make a decision).

So today when we were talking on the phone, I told him I'm sick and my body temp is high. He first said "oh I wish I could make you feel better." Then I asked "can you come over here for a little bit and bring me some medicine?" He responded:" but I don't want to get sick. and I told my friends I'm going to hang out with them." Then I had to walk in the cold myself to go to the drug store....

Is it unreasonable for me to be upset with his reaction? Now I'm more scared of entering into a relationship with him, because I don't expect my bf to run away when I need him
he's probably being petty because he asked you to be exclusive and you told him "no". i don't think you should be mad at him for not spending time with you but if he's being vindictive that could be different.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
I see this as two fold.

I wouldn't expect much from someone I don't have a serious/close relationship with to do something, and I probably wouldn't mention anything at all. At the same time, if this guy really insisted on wanting to become more serious, he would've cared enough to do something--even if he just picked up some medicine. He is not expected to spend the night, etc.

Those of you that wouldn't do anything at all might be right that you're not really obligated to do anything; but on the other hand, I'd disagree that doing something is supposedly a "boyfriend/friends with benefits" thing to do. If it were a friend in general or someone else he cared about, he'd likely do something.

I guess the bottom line is that he's just not that into you.

Last edited by LexWest; 02-07-2011 at 06:33 AM..

Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
He could have at least put it at the front door - if he's afraid of getting sick. BTW - im sure he would sleep with you sick or not. I digress - - - if he knew what not bringing the medicine meant - the walk in the cold - - then reconsider - you should at least expect from a boyfriend what you would from a friend w/o benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships