Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM

50 posts, read 75,793 times

Advertisements

I see no wrong with what happend at the bar.

You didn't leave with anoter man, you never made intimate contact behind your dates back.

Just made another friend.

Besides how do you know that the other guy is even intrested? Do you figure anyone that is friendly to you is intrested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times
I agree with the OP 200%. It goes beyond having trust in you SO or not. There are a lot of vultures out there just waiting for the right chance.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Why would you exchange numbers then??

Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 AM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
I wouldn't have to worry about leaving my man unattended anywhere if I trusted him.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
If I'm dating a girl and she's so easily swayed to start dating someone else she met while WITH me at a party then the new guy can have her. I'd chalk it up to having no class, no respect, or little/no interest in me in which I could be relieved that I don't have to waste time/money on her in the future.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
don't leave your man/woman unattended at bars/clubs/parties!

So Saturday I was invited to a party by this guy I'm kind of dating now. The party was good but he received a call and had to take it so he went outside.... I said I would stay inside because 1) it was cold 2) it was a business call he was on 3) it was kind of annoying he took the call when he had already spoken to the person calling on the way to the party (apparently some problem at his job... I mean he was kind of down after the first call)... Anywho he was on the phone for at least 30 minutes.

Well while he was talking on the phone I was being the pleasant +1 chatting with his friend. And as the interest in the "new guy" kind of died down one "friend" stayed close. And we started to talk... turns out he works near my office building and etc etc we exchanged numbers and said "lets meet up for lunch sometime" all innocent but of course this guy is really cute and I can tell he is interested.... oh nothings going to happen. It kind of ticked me off he would be so shady and try to hit on me like that...

Anyways I always say to my friends and myself included don't leave your man unattended because you never know who's waiting on the side line looking for their opportunity.

And with that what are some general dos and don'ts you go by?
^^This is a load of crap. If you can't trust someone that you're dating, then why date them? And as far as someone giving you their # and getting together for lunch. Could be anything or not. Are you exclusive in this relationship? If someone meets someone else and they are compatible, there's a chance that it could go in another direction. There have been tons of people that were dating and found someone else that was more compatible.

Your reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
The OP is a man, people.

But I agree. I've been @ clubs or whatever w/ bfs and other guys tried to talk to me in the short times when I was alone.

Leaving someone alone in a bar for over 30 minutes to take a phone call is pretty rude.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I agree with the OP 200%. It goes beyond having trust in you SO or not. There are a lot of vultures out there just waiting for the right chance.
Bull. Who wants to live in a cage? She had right to let the friend know she was dating only the other guy and wasn't interested in him. She shouldn't have taken his #. She is the one that is shady and not trustworthy.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:49 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
don't leave your man/woman unattended at bars/clubs/parties!

So Saturday I was invited to a party by this guy I'm kind of dating now. The party was good but he received a call and had to take it so he went outside.... I said I would stay inside because 1) it was cold 2) it was a business call he was on 3) it was kind of annoying he took the call when he had already spoken to the person calling on the way to the party (apparently some problem at his job... I mean he was kind of down after the first call)... Anywho he was on the phone for at least 30 minutes.

Well while he was talking on the phone I was being the pleasant +1 chatting with his friend. And as the interest in the "new guy" kind of died down one "friend" stayed close. And we started to talk... turns out he works near my office building and etc etc we exchanged numbers and said "lets meet up for lunch sometime" all innocent but of course this guy is really cute and I can tell he is interested.... oh nothings going to happen. It kind of ticked me off he would be so shady and try to hit on me like that...

Anyways I always say to my friends and myself included don't leave your man unattended because you never know who's waiting on the side line looking for their opportunity.

And with that what are some general dos and don'ts you go by?
Hmmm you did it too......didn't you say WE exchanged numbers and said "lets meet up for lunch sometime".
You are saying he is shady but you were also involved.
I see you blaming your date and the friend. I don't think 30 minutes is a long time for someone to be gone before you exchange numbers with someone else. That is rude too. JMO

Old 02-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Still doesn't change my mind that this couple is gay. Still is shady in his part that he gave his # to another man. Also this man that took your # to get together for lunch because both of you work around the same area - who's to say he was just being friendly and not hitting on you? You're assuming alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships