Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times

Advertisements

I've never understood why people say men have more sex. Every time a man's having sex, a woman (the person he's having sex with) is also having sex.

It's always a 1:1 ratio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 12:16 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
I think they mean in terms of partners and sexual drive.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:19 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I've never understood why people say men have more sex. Every time a man's having sex, a woman (the person he's having sex with) is also having sex.

10 men can have sex with one woman. so she's had sex 10 times and they've all had it once. get it?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
10 men can have sex with one woman. so she's had sex 10 times and they've all had it once. get it?
What's your point? It's still 10 times each.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:38 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
she had sex with another woman when the men weren't paying attention.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Sure if you do the math but his point was, the woman has had 10 men and the men have all had ONE woman... doesn't matter the AMOUNT of sex...

But since you're doing it literally, sure, maybe the ratio to men having sex and women having sex is often 1:1 but think about this... men and women don't need a partner to have sex - you can masturbate, still have an orgasm.. that's sex too. So... while men typically have higher sex drives.. well.. you get the point...

Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:

I think women have more sex than men..thats just my opionon

Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
As for men wanting sex more, not sure. I think sexual appetite varies from one individual to the next one but not necessarily something that has to do with gender. For example, different studies and surveys show that the vast majority of women masturbate. What does that mean? That women have sexual urges/desires like men. Sure, it’s a bit difficult to have women admit that they masturbate, have sexual urges/desires, etc. But it doesn’t mean women are not like that just because they have a harder time admitting these things as men do. Just like, it doesn’t mean men are not sensitive just because they want to look macho in front of the ladies and their buddies at the bar. It’s not easy for men to admit their soft sensitive side just like it is not easy for women to admit their sexual side. Doesn’t mean men are not sensitive, doesn’t mean women don’t want sex.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:50 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
As for men wanting sex more, not sure. I think sexual appetite varies from one individual to the next one but not necessarily something that has to do with gender. For example, different studies and surveys show that the vast majority of women masturbate. What does that mean? That women have sexual urges/desires like men. Sure, it’s a bit difficult to have women admit that they masturbate, have sexual urges/desires, etc. But it doesn’t mean women are not like that just because they have a harder time admitting these things as men do. Just like, it doesn’t mean men are not sensitive just because they want to look macho in front of the ladies and their buddies at the bar. It’s not easy for men to admit their soft sensitive side just like it is not easy for women to admit their sexual side. Doesn’t mean men are not sensitive, doesn’t mean women don’t want sex.

I have to agree here. I've known men who's sex drive was about as high as my big toe and known men who wanted sex 2, 3 times a day. Same for female friends, some of them want it all the time, some could care less. It's very individual, here again, this is not somthing you can categorize. Plus too, look at the emotional side of it, women view sex differently then most men. Not all but a lot do.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:25 PM

190 posts, read 413,100 times
Amen, someone finally gets the fallacy of guys having more sex partners than women! If you ever paid attention in statistics 102 you would know this. It's largely untrue, or impossible.

The variance can be greater for one party than another, but the mean must be the same. The only way the mean can change is when you introduce same gender sex or if a lot of promiscuous people of one gender dies off all of a sudden. If there were many more bi or gay men than women then it would be possible for the means to be different.

I tend to suspect the variance of women's # is higher than men's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships