Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,758,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Here's my advice:

1. Project a cocky confidence. Men are drawn to confident, self-assured women. When a woman enters a room, and cowers all of the other people into submission with her overwhelming confidence, men get turned on. There's nothinq quite like a woman who demonstrates her social dominance through her charisma and verbal agility.
Not me I assure you, most definitely *not* me! To me, cockiness = the exact opposite of "nice" or "kind", in a girl.

Quote:
2. Get a higher status job. Men want to date women who are higher status than themselves. A big house, a Porsche, and season tickets to the Lakers will have men fighting each other to be your date.

3. Use pre-selection. Understand how the male mind works. When you walk into a party alone, men think "Why is she alone? Nobody must have wanted her." But when you walk into a room with an attractive man, men think "Wow, that really attractive and high status man is with her. There must be something about her." The bottom line is that men are attracted to women that other men want. Moreover, men love to compete against each other so that we can say "Look fellas, I'm the one who won the prize! Out of all the men she could have had, she chose me! *squeam*

4. Be a bad girl. This is guy crack. The allure of a bad girl is simply irresistible to men. Show men how desirable you are by bagging as many men as possible. Again, the male rationalization hamster will kick in and they'll say, "There's got to be something special about her if she's hooking up with all of these guys." Be aloof. Be cold. Be distant. Qualify him. Turn your back away when they try talking to you. Flirt with other men in your date's company. These are all tactics that will make any man lust for you with burning desire.
WRONG! (Haha, sorry; not shouting...just couldn't believe it, when I actually read this statement )

Trust me...I guarantee you 100%, the "bad girl" image, will turn *some* guys, 100% *off*, not on. Remember: there's a good reason for the popular saying "she's the kind of girl, you'd like to take home to meet your mother" (i.e., meaning potential marriage material). "Bad girls" are simply not gonna meet this criteria!

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-08-2011 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: added / clarified language

Old 02-08-2011, 01:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
It's a sad scene out there right?

I've seen normal looking straight women dance with themselves at nightclubs all the time: I feel sorry for them.

But anyways if you want to be more attractive then stay skinny (do exercises and workouts on a weekly basis) and wear light makeup; especially conceal dark circles under your eyes. And do not dress like a dude or act masculine: even I find women who act like men to be very irritating. Do not be a bad girl: you will attract a bad boy who will harm you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson13 View Post
I am 32 (turning 33 in March) and I have never had a boyfriend. For whatever reason men are just not interested in me or let alone wish to date me to get to know me better. I have been on several blind dates and the guys were just not interested.

Frankly, I feel like I should have been married with a loving husband and children by this point in my life. I already have a great career, own two houses, independent, clean, well-educated, dresses well so I don't see why men just aren't interested. I am starting to think it is because of my race as to why men do not find me physically attractive or wish to get to know me better. My race has our fair share of ridiculous stereotypes about being lazy and always on welfare but as you can tell I do not fit such stereotypes.

I go to clubs, bars, lounges, parties and still no luck. Not even one guy has offered to dance with me. And when I ask they either laugh or reject my offer politely.

So my question to men is what makes a woman attractive in your eyes? Is it how she talks, dresses, looks, etc? Men only please.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
Women are just as shallow, they are just smart enough to consistently lie about it. Often to themselves as well as other people!
How so? Women do not hold things against men that they have no control over. Men, on the other hand, will not give a woman a chance because her face is not "pretty" enough or because she's 20 pounds overweight. Not all women can look like models. It doesn't get any more superficial than that.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,585 times
Quote:
Frankly, I feel like I should have been married with a loving husband and children by this point in my life. I already have a great career, own two houses, independent, clean, well-educated, dresses well so I don't see why men just aren't interested. I am starting to think it is because of my race as to why men do not find me physically attractive or wish to get to know me better. My race has our fair share of ridiculous stereotypes about being lazy and always on welfare but as you can tell I do not fit such stereotypes.

You might be too independent or so self sufficient that guys probably think they couldn't possibly have anything to offer. I'm just speculating btw.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM

22 posts, read 33,869 times
And no I don't use dating sites my friend complains that there are way too many creepy men on there which made me think that dating sites weren't for me.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Not me I assure you, most definitely *not* me! To me, cockiness = the exact opposite of "nice" or "kind", in a girl.

WRONG! (Haha, sorry; not shouting...just couldn't believe it, when I actually read this statement )

Trust me...I guarantee you 100%, the "bad girl" image, will turn *some* guys, 100% *off*, not on. Remember: there's a good reason for the popular saying "she's the kind of girl, you'd like to take home to meet your mother" (i.e., meaning potential marriage material). "Bad girls" are simply not gonna meet this criteria!
WRONG!!! Men say they want "sweet" and "good" girls but then they run after the bad girls each and every time. I have seen it time and time again.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Those men on the dating sites are the same men you will meet through "friends".

Quote:
And no I don't use dating sites my friend complains that there are way too many creepy men on there which made me think that dating sites weren't for me.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,910 times
No matter what you look like or what you have, personality will always trump them all in the end. Maybe when you are being negative you come off a lot more negative than you think. I would ask someone you know about it. But the being blunt thing you already know, thats just a polite way of saying "kinda rude".
So maybe you are coming off as a person that thinks they are better than they are and are judgmental to boot? Men like to relax and have fun. Not deal with critical bluntness or tit for tat "i have this going for me" types of things. Thats just my opinion on it given the info you offered. Maybe you just need to relax and be a bit less blunt.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Maybe he is a bad boy?
That's someone you do not want in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
WRONG!!! Men say they want "sweet" and "good" girls but then they run after the bad girls each and every time. I have seen it time and time again.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Congratulations on taking this seriously now, because sometime after you hit your late 30s are going to get even worse. Some people may tell you differently... but trust me, they are lying.

I once started a long discussion about my own frustrations with dating, and someone privately asked me the following question: What do you have to offer a man?

Here is what you have according to your opening post:

Quote:
I already have a great career, own two houses, independent, clean, well-educated, dresses well so I don't see why men just aren't interested.
Most of these traits are what makes men attractive to women, not the other way around. A self-sufficient, successful man would have no problem dating and marrying his favorite Starbucks barista who has no savings, rents a crappy studio apartment, only has a high school diploma, and is often seen wearing her dirty uniform. Women, on the other hand, feel the opposite. The only man who will be attracted to you because you own a home or make a good living is a loser. But I'm guessing you don't want a loser.

So what do you have to offer a man, that actually attracts the nice, successful men you most likely seek?

(Figuring this out made a HUSE difference for me, by the way, which is why I am sharing it with you.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships