Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 07:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Me too...lol.
Buy one and we can swap for a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I wouldn't know. I've never had to pay for ammo or shooting/rifle range fees. I've heard its expensive though.
Last time I went, you were looking at around $10-$15 for a box of 50 rounds in 45 ACP. That's if the cheap range ammo hasn't been picked clean by the time you get there. If you have a .22 it's fairly cheap to shoot, but 9mm is the only "real" round that is even remotely reasonable these days.

On a side note, I wonder if opting for the larger, more expensive gun makes me open to more small dick jokes? I just can't win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Maybe sometimes, but to say that that line of thinking applies to everyone is just as stereotypical as saying that every guy who drives a nice car is compensating for something.

For starters, not everyone wants a fancy car. My bf could more than afford it, but he is completely satisfied with his used (and completely paid for) Honda.

He shouldn't have one if he doesn't want one. No one cares. Also, saying that guys are compensating for their lack of physical attributes is just a silly generalization. I am sure guys of all sizes drive sports cars just like guys of all sizes drive Hondas.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Buy one and we can swap for a day.

Last time I went, you were looking at around $10-$15 for a box of 50 rounds in 45 ACP. That's if the cheap range ammo hasn't been picked clean by the time you get there. If you have a .22 it's fairly cheap to shoot, but 9mm is the only "real" round that is even remotely reasonable these days.

On a side note, I wonder if opting for the larger, more expensive gun makes me open to more small dick jokes? I just can't win.
The 9mm is tougher for me to shoot...ya I'm weak.

but hmm..the bigger guns would mean you have stronger umm...guns? anyways...as far as guns go, haven't seen/heard the correlation so I think you're safe.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Reloading is the only way to go. You reduce your price by a lot and can increase how much you shoot. Plus with careful attention to bullet quality, shot charge, primers, casing selection you can improve accuarcy. Not to mention it opens up a whole new dimension to enjoying the sport of shooting.

Considering how much some people put into their customized 45 ACP handguns, the amount to pickup reload dies and presses is not much.

ETA: I always enjoyed my 44 Mag for just plain shooting. Though being accurate required constant shooting. The recoil and weight of that size handgun is more than many wish to put up with.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 PM

[quote=Bosco55David;17788073]Buy one and we can swap for a day.

Dad still has his Mustang in his garage, and I have a Camaro SS. Ever drive Chevys?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
He shouldn't have one if he doesn't want one. No one cares. Also, saying that guys are compensating for their lack of physical attributes is just a silly generalization. I am sure guys of all sizes drive sports cars just like guys of all sizes drive Hondas.
the thing is, you don't have any more proof that all people are "just jealous" anymore than others have proof that all guys are "just compensating".

Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
the thing is, you don't have any more proof that all people are "just jealous" anymore than others have proof that all guys are "just compensating".

No where did I say ALL people are jealous. Go back and read what I posted.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
She thinks everyone has an agenda. She can't understand that some people like driving fun cars.
He can't understand that not every woman is an ignorant silicon bimbo with daddy issues.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,745 times
This thread has inspired me . So let's play a game for kicks...I'm replacing my old Cavalier with one of the following vehicles listed below. From a female perspective..rate each car in terms of "douchey guy trying to overcompensate" syndrome and leave a quick impression of what you would think:

1. 2011 Mustang V6:

2. 2007 Mini Cooper S

3. 2009 Pontiac Solstice

4. 2012 Hyundai Veloster

Last edited by TelecasterBlues; 02-08-2011 at 11:16 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 10:50 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterBlues View Post
This thread has inspired me . So let's play a game for kicks...I'm replacing my old Cavalier with one of the following vehicles listed below. From a female perspective..rate each car on a scale of 1-5 in terms of "douchey guy trying to overcompensate" syndrome and leave a quick impression of what you would think for each:
As one of the posters who brought up the overcompensation thing earlier in the thread, I'd say (as I did earlier) that I wouldn't use JUST the car as the determining factor. If he lacked pretty much everything else and was using the car as a way to get women (i.e., ain't no way his personality or anything else is going to do it) then yes - I may think he's overcompensating for everything else he lacks. Or maybe not. The car alone shouldn't lead anyone to that assumption.

And in the spirit of the game (kinda).... the 'Stang is the winner, hands down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships