Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Yet I constantly hear guys talk about using their car to pick up chicks. Probably doesn't work so well in real life.
I have a saying: guys who use their cars to pick up chicks deserve the kind of chicks they end up with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I have a saying: guys who use their cars to pick up chicks deserve the kind of chicks they end up with
Agree. Just as women who dress slutty deserve the men they end up with.

The interesting thing is that women seem to say negative things of men with a cool expensive luxurious car, yet, those men are the ones that have women all over them like bees on a hive.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Agree. Just as women who dress slutty deserve the men they end up with.

The interesting thing is that women seem to say negative things of men with a cool expensive luxurious car, yet, those men are the ones that have women all over them like bees on a hive.
Similarly, some men talk badly about slutty women, yet those women always seem to find a man. Different people like different things.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:38 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,268,313 times
I'm a car nut and notice them all. Recently saw a McLaren orange with the gull wing doors owned by a guy in the area. Most Expensive Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2010-2011 That would be #3. Now that was impressive.

Not into muscle cars at all but I've mostly only had exotics. The current one is 30yrs old. So if I saw a Beemer or a Porsche I'd probably jump in and ask if they wanted to see mine.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I agree for the most part...

But I have to admit I'm a hypocrite and even though I am not a fan of 90% of BMWs out there, we do own 3 BMWs. Two of them are the workhorse for regular transportation and one of them is for racing/driving fast on curvy roads. The main reason is because they have easy access and I can change my own oil. They are easy to maintain. Lastly lots of rich dbags around here buy them new, drive them around for 10k miles, then decide to buy a new model. As a result I have acquired at very low cost (1/3 retail or less) some low mileage standard models. Nothing flashy, totally boring, but totally reliable German engineering.

And yes people, I do know that some people have sports cars for fun and usually the reasoning is complex. This is more about women's reactions to people who drive the lamborghinis and porsches, not why people drive them... So far I'd say that most people have neutral to negative assumptions about extravagance. Yet I constantly hear guys talk about using their car to pick up chicks. Probably doesn't work so well in real life.
Yeah but the problem is that they are all leased by broke D-bags living in crappy apartments which is why when I see a BMW I think it's a crack dealer or stripper.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:45 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Whenever I see someone driving a car my first thought is that they have a substance abuse problem and probably are on the sex offenders registry.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
not the same thing. you could totally look up whether they are on the sex offenders registry

There's no d-bag registry, unfort.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Similarly, some men talk badly about slutty women, yet those women always seem to find a man. Different people like different things.
Exactly. Women also talk badly of other women even if they don’t dress slutty but just look in better shape or have more expensive accessories (brand bags/purses, brand shoes, etc.).

Thing is that most women who have participated here have said men who drive cool luxurious expensive cars are no good, are making up for having a small penis, etc. I wonder if those same women think that a woman who has brand bags/purses, brand shoes, etc. is a woman who is making up for having a big lose vagina, is living off a man, is no good, etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Exactly. Women also talk badly of other women even if they don’t dress slutty but just look in better shape or have more expensive accessories (brand bags/purses, brand shoes, etc.).

Thing is that most women who have participated here have said men who drive cool luxurious expensive cars are no good, are making up for having a small penis, etc. I wonder if those same women think that a woman who has brand bags/purses, brand shoes, etc. is a woman who is making up for having a big lose vagina, is living off a man, is no good, etc.
Maybe you should ask them instead of just assuming the worst of people.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
You keep trying to make this point but I haven't seen "beehiving" happen except in movies. I've had many offers to ride in nice cars but I only agree to ride for interest in the car, while hoping the guy isn't interested because it would be kinda creepy if he was actually using his car as some sort of extension of himself. Haven't been that impressed with the cars.

Quote:

The proper analogous question would be if other men think that of her, not other women. Personally if i see an old Asian lady with a Coach bag, the first thing going through my head is not that she has a loose vag. If I see a young Asian with a VS bag I naturally assume she's either extremely trendy or has a knock-off. I wouldn't personally buy anything that expensive because it's just not practical. But you can't compare a $1000 dollar bag to a $100,000+ car. I've also never heard girls brag that they bagged some hot guy with her 2k Louis Vuitton bag (and her loose vag LOL since you are so obsessed with the loose aspect of it all but I assure you that everything is loose for the micropenis)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships