Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,247 times

Advertisements

I love sports cars and driving them. So I'd probably be staring at the car and totally interested in IT, not the guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 03:43 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Women, when you see a guy driving an expensive sports car, what is your reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I usually frown on judging people based on things like this, but if the driver is a 65 year old sun-baked leather-skinned fatso with a hairy chest and gold chains, it’s hard not to think the worst.
Especially if she has big boobs on her hairy chest...

Old 02-23-2015, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 8,320 times
You should get a car that you could afford, fit your budget etc. A girl should love and like you for who you are, not for what you do or what you have (or drive for that matter).

Old 02-23-2015, 06:27 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times
“Too Many People Buy Things They Don’t Need, With Money They Don’t Have, Trying To Impress People They Don’t Like.”

Old 02-23-2015, 06:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Get out of my car!

Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM

535 posts, read 515,636 times
Cars interest me about 1%. I care if they work. I think Bugs are cute. That's the extent of my car interest. I think it could be a sign he is materialistic or likes money, but I definitely wouldn't write a guy off for that.

So, no I wouldn't really think anything of it unless he shows other signs to go along with a possible stereotype of a guy who likes expensive cars.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:14 PM

19 posts, read 16,671 times
Im in the unique situation of being on both sides of this.
I daily a 18 year old rusty 1/4 ton truck that I LOVE an will keep forever. Kelly Blue Book says is has ZERO value lol. For work I drive 3 larger 3/4 ton full size trucks. For fun I drive my Lamborghini. Ive also had a NSX and a CGT....for those that don't know that's a $450k Porsche....
Driving is my passion and I bought these cars for me, but I will say womens interest on/after the 1st date varies GREATLY depending on the car I took. So much so I could take them to Taco bell (and did) in the Lambo and they were the ones trying to get a 2nd date. If I did it in the trucks I was a cheap ass loser, in the exotics it didn't faze them. Women LOVED the Porsche 100x more than the Lambo, maybe they don't like yellow? IDK Women chased me down to talk to me on several occasions in the Porsche.
I will tell you this, my trucks never got me far, yet I always acted the same. It was so bad at some points for first dates we never made it out of their house. they would cook dinner for me and jump me on the couch if I brought the exotics. Lost a lot of respect for women because of this. Its one thing is they knew the cars and actually liked them and driving, but I knew most didn't give two ****s. What they cared about was feeling special that a "rich man" was interested in them, that they could tell their friends, that they could take a pic with the car to show others, so they could get a blast over 150 or so on the highway, to go places with me in it to get attention from others, thinking I would spend a lot of money on them, or I was their meal ticket, ect. Its sad to be honest and even more so scary, I have no desire to pick up some shank and have it burn when I pee or some chick trying to get knocked up and set on child support.

Some didn't care, but the ones that did hardly cared about the car. Its was everything that came with it.

I have gotten the small penis things a few times, fortunately its not an issue in my case

Old 02-23-2015, 07:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think much about it one way or the other, although I will definitely admire some sports cars. I do judge the guy on what kind of driver he is. If he's driving a Lambo and speeding a little, well, okay, but if he's swerving and weaving ... jackhole.

If people want to buy themselves nice things, okay. I don't think I could ever be so extravagant as to buy an expensive sports car or even rent one, but I'd sure love to ride in one!
Yep, I still think this. I saw a beautiful midnight blue Lotus a few days ago, all the more striking for being clean and shining while the rest of us schlubbed around in our salty, frosted-over mediocrities.

My dad used to go to "Cars and Coffee," an informal, weekend get-together in Orange County with all kinds of gorgeous, expensive cars on display. He started going after I moved away, and my visits never coincided with one of the car shows. And then some twits in Irvine shut it down! I hope some day I'll get to pet the pretty cars.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 2,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC33 View Post
Im in the unique situation of being on both sides of this.
I daily a 18 year old rusty 1/4 ton truck that I LOVE an will keep forever. Kelly Blue Book says is has ZERO value lol. For work I drive 3 larger 3/4 ton full size trucks. For fun I drive my Lamborghini. Ive also had a NSX and a CGT....for those that don't know that's a $450k Porsche....
Driving is my passion and I bought these cars for me, but I will say womens interest on/after the 1st date varies GREATLY depending on the car I took. So much so I could take them to Taco bell (and did) in the Lambo and they were the ones trying to get a 2nd date. If I did it in the trucks I was a cheap ass loser, in the exotics it didn't faze them. Women LOVED the Porsche 100x more than the Lambo, maybe they don't like yellow? IDK Women chased me down to talk to me on several occasions in the Porsche.
I will tell you this, my trucks never got me far, yet I always acted the same. It was so bad at some points for first dates we never made it out of their house. they would cook dinner for me and jump me on the couch if I brought the exotics. Lost a lot of respect for women because of this. Its one thing is they knew the cars and actually liked them and driving, but I knew most didn't give two ****s. What they cared about was feeling special that a "rich man" was interested in them, that they could tell their friends, that they could take a pic with the car to show others, so they could get a blast over 150 or so on the highway, to go places with me in it to get attention from others, thinking I would spend a lot of money on them, or I was their meal ticket, ect. Its sad to be honest and even more so scary, I have no desire to pick up some shank and have it burn when I pee or some chick trying to get knocked up and set on child support.

Some didn't care, but the ones that did hardly cared about the car. Its was everything that came with it.

I have gotten the small penis things a few times, fortunately its not an issue in my case
I own an Acura TSX and a Porsche, and definitely I can say that I had more compliments from men on the Porsche. A few of those really understood what means to have a passion for driving, and less of them were supportive with that hobby/passion(probably these days men don't want to have a woman that likes to go to race tracks and be a mom/wife, gf in the same time). Rest of them saw the car as an "expensive accessory" that was not needed for a woman. Telling them that driving is “that feeling of freedom, just you and the car” and how driving is my meditation, made me looked probably very different (weird in some cases, I actually had two co workers telling this) from the rest of the women out-there.
A few people (especially women) understand what means to be passionate about driving sport cars and be supportive in that matter.

Last edited by 9114S; 02-23-2015 at 09:04 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 09:48 PM

19 posts, read 16,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9114S View Post
I own an Acura TSX and a Porsche, and definitely I can say that I had more compliments from men on the Porsche. A few of those really understood what means to have a passion for driving, and less of them were supportive with that hobby/passion(probably these days men don't want to have a woman that likes to go to race tracks and be a mom/wife, gf in the same time). Rest of them saw the car as an "expensive accessory" that was not needed for a woman. Telling them that driving is “that feeling of freedom, just you and the car” and how driving is my meditation, made me looked probably very different (weird in some cases, I actually had two co workers telling this) from the rest of the women out-there.
A few people (especially women) understand what means to be passionate about driving sport cars and be supportive in that matter.

Aint that the truth. For every 1 girl that has interest in them theres 100 teenage boys that do

Most girls were fine with the cars at first for the attention and what not, that quickly changed to I need/should sell them to buy a bigger home, or family car, vacations, and other things they valued.
I had one repeatedly try and get me to sell the Porsche because it died on us in the middle of a date. Its died because after its recent service the tech didn't ground the battery correctly. A simple oversight that had nothing to do with the car still had her convinced it had to go. She was gone within a week or two of that :-D

cars wont get you women, at least not the right kind....unless shes a petro head too

now if you are Michael Jackson, well then that's a great idea for your target audience lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships