Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM

317 posts, read 496,360 times

Advertisements

I'm a cashier and every day there is this cute girl that comes into my store. I'm very shy so I can never think of anything to say besides "Hi, how are you doing?" Thats all I got so far. If anybody can give me any suggestions on how to "break the ice" then let me know. I'm really bad at flirting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
I'm a cashier and every day there is this cute girl that comes into my store. I'm very shy so I can never think of anything to say besides "Hi, how are you doing?" Thats all I got so far. If anybody can give me any suggestions on how to "break the ice" then let me know. I'm really bad at flirting.
Ummmm, nice melons? I notice you're buying condoms, i use magnums myself? If i told you, you have a nice body would you hold it against me? ok just kidding don't do any of those things.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:17 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,609 times
Say something bold along the lines of, "Hey, it's nice to see you again. Judging by how often you come through my line I figure you want me to ask you out. So how would you like to get some coffee later? My shift ends at_____.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:26 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
"I'm looking at dessert. How would you like to have some dinner first?"

Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Does she always go through your line? Does she ever smile and make alot of eye contact with you?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM

317 posts, read 496,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Does she always go through your line? Does she ever smile and make alot of eye contact with you?
I'm usually the only cashier on duty so she doesn't have much choice about what line to stand in. Most of my co-workers seem to agree that she is shy and doesn't say much.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Because you're an employee there you really have to be careful that any flirting doesn't go too far. A comment from a customer about any behavior that seemed inappropriate could be the end of your job. I would just start by being friendly and trying to strike up a conversation. You'll know very quickly if she has any interest by her reactions. If she doesn't seem particularly interested just drop it right there in the interests of your job. However, if she does appear to be friendly and she's a regular it might be a good idea to casually inquire about what things she likes to do, WHETHER OR NOT SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND OR HUSBAND, etc. without coming across as being too nosy or pushy. It doesn't hurt to try and it will also help your shyness by the simple act of practicing your communication skills with women. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:44 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:

Joke with her, laughing puts people at ease,
Im a natural flirt, I do it without realizing it, maybe because I'm not shy.
Compliments help too..
When handing her the receipt say something in a joking way like.."oh do I need to put my phone number on theretoo?" than laugh..

Old 02-10-2011, 12:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
I'm usually the only cashier on duty so she doesn't have much choice about what line to stand in. Most of my co-workers seem to agree that she is shy and doesn't say much.
The next time you see here, just start talking to her. Introduce yourself and get her name. If she's sending messages that indicate she might be interested, write down your number and give it to her.

It's ballsy, but you really don't have time to get too cute in a grocery store checkout line.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Say something bold along the lines of, "Hey, it's nice to see you again. Judging by how often you come through my line I figure you want me to ask you out. So how would you like to get some coffee later? My shift ends at_____.
There we go! Bold, nice, and simple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships