Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times

Advertisements

To be quite honest, my initial thought when I see a woman in an expensive sports car pretty much parallel those of the men you mentioned who see you in yours. That is, I wonder if their husband bought it for them or if he just lets them drive his. This may sound shallow, but in my experience its simply the facts. Sure, there are some exceptions, but I'd wager that, on any given day in any given U.S. city, if you pulled-over 100 women driving a $40,000 or more sports car and asked them, that a good 80% would indeed admit that the wheels were either owned or bought by hubby.
See, it's the women's version of the whole 'trophy wife" deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
To be quite honest, my initial thought when I see a woman in an expensive sports car pretty much parallel those of the men you mentioned who see you in yours. That is, I wonder if their husband bought it for them or if he just lets them drive his. This may sound shallow, but in my experience its simply the facts. Sure, there are some exceptions, but I'd wager that, on any given day in any given U.S. city, if you pulled-over 100 women driving a $40,000 or more sports car and asked them, that a good 80% would indeed admit that the wheels were either owned or bought by hubby.
See, it's the women's version of the whole 'trophy wife" deal.
Like I said, it depends on the car. If it doesn't have power anything, has a manual, is souped to the max or something that "Mrs. Smith" on Class A Blvd. would NEVER drive, that is a better bet. You have to be genuine to drive it. A temperamentally fast car is another great one. Can she keep it under her when she hammers it? Does she fishtail and careen all over the road with it? If she knows how to handle a car like that, it is a safer bet. I saw a guy on a clip let his wife drive his Vette on the strip. She smoked the boys a$$es in it. That's a real car chick!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:25 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Interesting responses...thank you guys!

Reps!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Before I was married, whenever I saw a woman with an expensive sports car or anything else whose expense screamed excessiveness, I would naturally conclude that she wasn't good enough for me. I never assumed that she obtained the car (or anything nice) because of some man.

I always preferred women who were understated in their beauty, intelligence, and/or wealth.
What makes you think everyone who buys something nice does so to show off? Maybe that is just what they like. This is an uninformed statement.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Interesting responses...thank you guys!

Reps!
Only a "true" car gal would get what I was saying. I was testing you! lol You won! lol

Old 02-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'll just come out and admit that I have an extreme bias towards anyone I see in a luxury sports car. I just see a person willing to do something that is really financially stupid for the sake of appearances. I see a person in one, and I don't even want to know that person.
Lol...what makes you think it's financially stupid? You have no concept of other people's finances.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Most of the time I think "Nice car."

If they're just really ****ty drivers, though, the thought is usually followed by "hubby bought it" "daddy bought it" etc. Does that make me bad? God forbid I can't say anything about a woman with a nice sports car when I can't have one without "compensating" for anything..

Anyways. Like I said, I usually just think "Nice car" and go back to whatever I was thinking about previously. A great deal of it depends on the woman, the car, and the way she drives it.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Lol...what makes you think it's financially stupid? You have no concept of other people's finances.
That^ is how you tell the difference as well. Anyone who thinks cars (nice ride) are stupid rings the gong! You lost, car people don't think that way. Are women trying to add length to their Johnson as well? Get real and get with it!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Most of the time I think "Nice car."

Anyways. Like I said, I usually just think "Nice car" and go back to whatever I was thinking about previously. A great deal of it depends on the woman, the car, and the way she drives it.
You know...I think that most women probably think the same thing when they see a nice car...they think, "Nice car," if they even notice the car at all.

Most of my female friends couldn't tell a Maybach from a Mitsubishi...in fact, I know some guys who don't give a fig about cars, either.

Me...I've been in love with cars since I was a tiny tot. I always will be.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Quote:
You know...I think that most women probably think the same thing when they see a nice car...they think, "Nice car," if they even notice the car at all.

Most of my female friends couldn't tell a Maybach from a Mitsubishi...in fact, I know some guys who don't give a fig about cars, either.

Me...I've been in love with cars since I was a tiny tot. I always will be.
I love cars as well, I just wish that I could fix them and build them on my own =/ I'd love to modify a car someday just for shiggles and then drive it around as a toy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships