Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,301,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
To be quite honest, my initial thought when I see a woman in an expensive sports car pretty much parallel those of the men you mentioned who see you in yours. That is, I wonder if their husband bought it for them or if he just lets them drive his. This may sound shallow, but in my experience its simply the facts. Sure, there are some exceptions, but I'd wager that, on any given day in any given U.S. city, if you pulled-over 100 women driving a $40,000 or more sports car and asked them, that a good 80% would indeed admit that the wheels were either owned or bought by hubby.
See, it's the women's version of the whole 'trophy wife" deal.

I am not married, and I bought my own car. I try hard not to make assumptions about people based on their looks, material possessions, or their location. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone got to know someone before passing judgement? Also, life is very short, and we could die tomorrow. Why not enjoy life while you are here? If you enjoy driving a muscle car, classy luxury car, jacked-up truck, or any other type of vehicle, more power to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,096,034 times
Default men, when you see a woman with an expensive sports car, what do YOU think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This thread is sort of a spin-off of the one about women's opinions on men with expensive sports cars.

What do men think when they see a woman driving an expensive sports car?

Or with any expensive item or accessory?

I have a $100+k luxury sports car (and have 2 other cars) and live in a pretty expensive home. Most comments made by strange men usually run towards, "What does your husband do for a living?"

Implying, of course, that I couldn't have gotten any of this myself (which I did). This usually really makes me angry...but an eye roll usually suffices.

Comments?

Women, how do you feel about the fact that many men will assume anything nice you have is because some man earned the money for it and gave it to you?
My very first thought is she has been married more than once and is living off the proceeds of a couple rich ex-husbands. Some years ago, I dated a couple women like this, and they both were rather proud of the fact that they took their husbands to the cleaners.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,531 times
Quote:
My parents have a lot of neat stuff from around the world because they used to live overseas and now do again. They came from overseas and were forced to travel before bc of my father's work. I don't know that they have ever gone overseas just for fun. My mother got her jewelry from family overseas where it's considerably cheaper, but it's usually heavy gold items, etc.

She gets facials and massages regularly bc they had to move back overseas (instead of retiring) so my father could find work. In Turkmenistan, her massages and facials cost less than 40 dollars a week. I am trying to help them all I can, because I don't feel like a 70 year old man should be overseas working. He should be relaxing and playing golf and taking care of his health.

I don't want to *prove* anything with this thread...except perhaps that no matter your sex (man or woman), a lot of people will think stupid and negative things about you just bc you like nice cars.
So what kind of cars do you have?

Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,266,610 times
Quote:
This thread is sort of a spin-off of the one about women's opinions on men with expensive sports cars.

What do men think when they see a woman driving an expensive sports car?

Or with any expensive item or accessory?

I have a $100+k luxury sports car (and have 2 other cars) and live in a pretty expensive home. Most comments made by strange men usually run towards, "What does your husband do for a living?"

Implying, of course, that I couldn't have gotten any of this myself (which I did). This usually really makes me angry...but an eye roll usually suffices.

Comments?

Women, how do you feel about the fact that many men will assume anything nice you have is because some man earned the money for it and gave it to you?
Not these days. Women have careers too. However if she's like 18 - 21...some type of daddy must have bought it for her. Or if she's really old blue hair then she either married well or comes from a wealthy family. I actually like to see single women in sports cars. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships