Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,669,108 times

Advertisements

Ok so long one short, there's this girl in my math class who I've been talking to a lot. We get along well, she always sits next to me in lecture, we laugh a lot and just jive well. Tomorrow I'm gonna invite her to get coffee with me after class (I would've done so earlier in the week, but she's always got a class after math except on Fridays). Assuming it all works out well... what do I do after that? If it matters, she lives near campus while I commute which might make it hard to meet up outside of typical class hours :| so yeah, what should I do?

I actually feel something funny (not like that ) just thinking about this... I might be wrong, but I think she might like me, and I definitely like her. I haven't truly felt like this in a long long time, in fact it feels downright weird compared to my usually pessimistic, misanthropic self.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Well, you put some effort into it (like finding whatever means of transportation you can find; however inconvenient for you it may be) and ask her out for something other than coffee!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM

Heh, that's true... I guess I'm just overanalyzing things. Probably because, as I said, I haven't felt this confident about a girl in a while. I just don't wanna **** it up y'know? Not that it'd be the end of the world; I'd burn a few cigarettes, get some rest then wake up back on my feet. But I'd prefer success over failure

Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,193,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Heh, that's true... I guess I'm just overanalyzing things. Probably because, as I said, I haven't felt this confident about a girl in a while. I just don't wanna **** it up y'know? Not that it'd be the end of the world; I'd burn a few cigarettes, get some rest then wake up back on my feet. But I'd prefer success over failure
keep it very light and relaxed like you're just hanging out and chatting. i think you deserve a break here. your the one "loner" on here i think actually has a good chance to find ms right. good luck.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
keep it very light and relaxed like you're just hanging out and chatting. i think you deserve a break here. your the one "loner" on here i think actually has a good chance to find ms right. good luck.
Thanks and yeah, that's what I plan on doing. Just chatting, but in a slightly less rushed state than walking between classes :P

Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,923,656 times
just go for it. The worse that can happen is you guys just end up friends. Dont over think things and let them flow naturally.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Thanks and yeah, that's what I plan on doing. Just chatting, but in a slightly less rushed state than walking between classes :P
Just go do something fun! Whatever people your age do! The conversation would flow more easily if you're doing things and observing things as opposed to sitting at a table the way older people usually do it.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,405,250 times
I agree. Best to do an activity as well as sitting at a table talking. Could be anything....mini golf, bowling, go-karting, seeing a psychic, a concert....whatever floats your boat. I've done all those things and it makes for a more enjoyable time.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:35 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,710,262 times
Make plans, then don't show. Call her up at the last minute and say something came up, but don't specify what that something is/was. Next time you see her in class say "hi", but then proceed to talk to another(equally attractive) girl in the class. Smile laugh and have a good time with this other girl, and don't so much as look at the one you like. Don't put any pressure on yourself to get anything from the "new" girl(number, date, etc.) just keep the convo light hearted and humorous. If the girl you actually like really likes you she will be so disturbed by this non-chalant behavior, that she will become weak and vulnerable(due to jealousy), then you can go in for the kill. Setup another date with her, and this time actually keep it, but while on this date periodically text message another girl or pretend you have a text message convo going on, even if you don't. Laugh to yourself about the "texts" only do this periodically, Be purposely charismatic with anyother female you may encounter on this date, be it a cashier or whatever, by the end of this routine, the girl you like(if she really likes you) will be so jealously insecure, she will pretty much become putty in your hands. Keep it up unitl she makes an issue of it, but don't go crazy with it, just remember that female jealousy is the most powerful weapon you have in the game.

Whatever you do don't be the "nice" guy, unless want to be relagated to the friend zone.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:00 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,144,570 times
Quote:
Ok so long one short, there's this girl in my math class who I've been talking to a lot. We get along well, she always sits next to me in lecture, we laugh a lot and just jive well. Tomorrow I'm gonna invite her to get coffee with me after class (I would've done so earlier in the week, but she's always got a class after math except on Fridays). Assuming it all works out well... what do I do after that? If it matters, she lives near campus while I commute which might make it hard to meet up outside of typical class hours :| so yeah, what should I do?

I actually feel something funny (not like that ) just thinking about this... I might be wrong, but I think she might like me, and I definitely like her. I haven't truly felt like this in a long long time, in fact it feels downright weird compared to my usually pessimistic, misanthropic self.
After coffee ask her if she wants to go back to your place. Just play it smooth. If she likes you, you should be able to get laid. Its college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships