Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:17 AM

699 posts, read 1,014,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Girls, how many of you have had successful relationships that began with you making the first move/asking the man out?
Me!!! You've already experienced good results making the first move so why are you doubting yourself? Make the first move and if that works, wait for him to make the NEXT move. Most men love it. What do you have to lose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I have had two major relationships. I met my ex-boyfriend on my 16th birthday. I went to a restaurant with friends and he was the busboy. I thought he was cute and, egged on by my friends, asked him to my birthday party. He did not come, but we started dating and were together over five years. We got along very well but grew in different directions. We split up but are still friends.

I dated three guys after him. One, I asked out of the blue (we worked together). Another, we also worked together (different job) and I heard he had asked if I had a boyfriend. So I gave him my number and we dated a little. The third, I knew from high school. We had been friends for years and he told me to call him if my boyfriend and I ever broke up. So I did, and now we're married, although he did the asking there.

If I didn't know he was interested I would not have thought to call him. Two of the four guys I asked were because I knew that. I think it must work even more so in reverse (if the guy thinks you are interested ).
I agree. Its difficult to say who made the first "move". My husband showed interest and so I showed it back not that I could keep it hidden. He asked me out.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 AM

499 posts, read 891,647 times
i didn't ask him out, but i said "do you like me? if you don't, don't behave me as you like me. because nobody except myboyfriend can act me like this." then he said that he likes me and we started to a relationship heheh a different start we have been very happy since two years ago and we want to get married

Old 02-12-2011, 08:45 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
It's one of those things that should have been delineated as a women's right a long time ago, asking the man is one of the things that would get most women what they want and I know most men would jump at the chance to date a woman they figured already like them. I personally find it refreshing and rewarding whenever I've been invited out by a woman. Some time back I was asked out by a very attractive women, she asked if I would like to see an exhibit at the Art Museum, I said only if I could buy her dinner and drinks afterward, we hit it off and had a great time. I'm still seeing her often, she's a delightful self confidant woman, like I said, it's refreshing...
It's EASY.

Men are not good at making the right pick. Coz 99% of the picks are made by the penis. That's just a failing 1% probability for the brain function.

Mrs Chamataka made the first move. And we caught like wild fire. And we're in the process of working out our wedding date and place presently

Old 02-12-2011, 09:28 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
I've made the first move twice.

First my xhubs
Second, my xjumpoff. He is a very sweet guy. We're not partners anymore, but we have a good friendship.

I heard this theory the other day. Some women don't approach the guy she thinks is the most handsome. You know the guy at the party, event or bar you want to come over to say hello. We'll walk over to the average guy. Thinking we may get shot down from the "cute guy".

Not sure, if that's true.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I've made the first move twice.

First my xhubs
Second, my xjumpoff. He is a very sweet guy. We're not partners anymore, but we have a good friendship.

I heard this theory the other day. Some women don't approach the guy she thinks is the most handsome. You know the guy at the party, event or bar you want to come over to say hello. We'll walk over to the average guy. Thinking we may get shot down from the "cute guy".

Not sure, if that's true.
I'm NOT the average guy

Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm NOT the average guy
I didn't say you handsome. Some women are like men afraid of rejection. She wants the handsome guy. Most won't approach him. She may think he's out of her league. She'll wait for him to say something.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:24 AM

946 posts, read 2,917,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
It depends on how you define successful. You're single and available so it appears to me that your previous successes were short-lived.
What I mean by successful is that they didn't say no and were at least interested.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:35 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
I have never in my life ever asked a man out. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, lol.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I have never in my life ever asked a man out. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, lol.
It's a good thing. And if you are doing the asking, the dudes won't be complaining

Try it for a change, coz I know you once posted how everyone who expresses interest in you are creepy, weird and old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships