Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 05:50 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What in the world makes you think a guy who is actively trying to take your girlfriend is going to respect you? That fails on every level of logic.

Again, this is the part where you have to stop being a wimpy beta male and take charge of the situation.
I read your post as well. That guy tried something similar on you. How did you handle it? Probably like many of us would. You kissed her and grabbed her butt before walking away. In a sense you were doing the same damn thing. That usually works but some guys just don't get it and are hardheaded. In which case you need to up the message as needed. No guy likes that s***, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM

164 posts, read 211,190 times
Quote:
What in the world makes you think a guy who is actively trying to take your girlfriend is going to respect you? That fails on every level of logic.

Again, this is the part where you have to stop being a wimpy beta male and take charge of the situation.
First of all... I meant my GF was disrespecting not that guy.
Second of all... my heands were tied due to my GF keeping our realtionship a secret from her brother. I respected she wanted to do so... So spear me the Alfa, Beta, Omega. AS far as I am concerned an' Beta male would have just ignored the hole incident. You think I don't know how to kiss my GF, grab a tit and tell the guy to back off??? I had my hands tied.

Third of all.... what are you trying to prove by labeling in Alfa and non-alfa... are you trying to prove you are an Alfa???? Meigby you are... meigby you arent... I have no way of knowing since my only interaction with you is a few posta on a forum.
So spear me the drama... I came here for advice not insluts and labeling.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
Second of all... my heands were tied due to my GF keeping our realtionship a secret from her brother. I respected she wanted to do so... So spear me the Alfa, Beta, Omega. AS far as I am concerned an' Beta male would have just ignored the hole incident.

Third of all.... what are you trying to prove by labeling in Alfa and non-alfa... are you trying to prove you are an Alfa???? Meigby you are... meigby you arent... I have no way of knowing since my only interaction with you is a few posta on a forum.
Don't get after him too much buddy. The guy is actually pretty nice. I know what he was trying to say. It's the same thing I told you. Stand your ground and let Mr. X know that she is yours.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Don't get after him too much buddy. The guy is actually pretty nice. I know what he was trying to say. It's the same thing I told you. Stand your ground and let Mr. X know that she is yours.
Yeah the overall message is good... I might have got carried away. I tend to do that

Old 02-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah the overall message is good... I might have got carried away. I tend to do that
Hey, he had to flex his to get some jerk to back off too. What woman wants a guy who just goes along with it and sits back. Some in this thread might. In which case he isn't very dominant now, is he?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Hey, he had to flex his to get some jerk to back off too. What woman wants a guy who just goes along with it and sits back. Some in this thread might. In which case he isn't very dominant now, is he?
Clearlly... If a guy sits back and relaxes while his GF is getting hit on... the guy is not dominant(or he doesn't give a ****). AS far as i am concerned the correct atitudine is getting in the guy's face.... but in this case I was restricted from doing that. So I did the next best thing... I talked to my GF and took down some of the restriction I previuslly had. So in the future I will be able to get in the guys face.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
I read your post as well. That guy tried something similar on you. How did you handle it? Probably like many of us would. You kissed her and grabbed her butt before walking away. In a sense you were doing the same damn thing. That usually works but some guys just don't get it and are hardheaded. In which case you need to up the message as needed. No guy likes that s***, plain and simple.
Exactly. In the wild, animals can get away with flat out mauling anyone who tries to steal their mate, but in a civilized society you can't go acting pissy and start a fight every time some swinging dick hits on your girl. If I did that, I'd have a multitude of assault charges on my record. You have to deal with it in other ways.

Remember, just be the better man. If you're dating the girl, that's 90% of the battle there.

Quote:
Second of all... my heands were tied due to my GF keeping our realtionship a secret from her brother. I respected she wanted to do so... So spear me the Alfa, Beta, Omega. AS far as I am concerned an' Beta male would have just ignored the hole incident. You think I don't know how to kiss my GF, grab a tit and tell the guy to back off??? I had my hands tied.
Exactly. I think I covered this in my original post. You should have been a man and put your foot down on the matter rather than have to sit on the sidelines while some dork ran game on your girl. If you don't respect yourself enough to refuse being a secret boyfriend, how can you expect the girlfriend to respect you enough to ignore other potential suitors, or for those suitors to respect you enough to not hit on your girlfriend?

Remember, respect isn't given, it's earned.

Quote:
First off, I have absolutely no doubt that I'm an alpha male, nor do I feel any need or desire to prove that to anyone. Secondly, YOU came here looking for advice, and I'm giving it to you. It might be "tough love" type of advice but it's what works, and it's certainly not an insult. Trust me, I had the same thing done to me when I was younger and it took an older, more experienced friend of mine to get after me and tell me essentially what I'm telling you.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Trust me, I had the same thing done to me when I was younger and it took an older, more experienced friend of mine to get after me and tell me essentially what I'm telling you.
Yeah, my impression is you know your way around women!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,014,538 times
Quote:
Clearlly... If a guy sits back and relaxes while his GF is getting hit on... the guy is not dominant(or he doesn't give a ****). AS far as i am concerned the correct atitudine is getting in the guy's face.... but in this case I was restricted from doing that. So I did the next best thing... I talked to my GF and took down some of the restriction I previuslly had. So in the future I will be able to get in the guys face.
Bad move. Instantly looking to throw down with everyone who hits on your girl doesn't show power and dominance, it shows weakness and insecurity. Not only that, it's going to cause you ALOT of drama and problems.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:17 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Bad move. Instantly looking to throw down with everyone who hits on your girl doesn't show power and dominance, it shows weakness and insecurity. Not only that, it's going to cause you ALOT of drama and problems.
Absolutely. I can think of nothing less secure than a guy who has to take on any guy that looks or talks to his woman.

Don't pee on her leg either, it ruins our shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships