Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,723,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Yup, I feel that way when I look at my mom, or myself. F*** everybody else and all the "love" BS!

You men know you're with your women because you want regular sex, and you ladies know you're with your husbands because he's your retirement plan. Plain and simple.

It's very noble that you care so much for a non blood relative, however, guys like you are setting yourselves up to be emotionally devastated; it's only a matter of time.
How dare you speak the truth, it's 2011, thats blasphemy.

There was a time, when I gave a woman my heart, and she destroyed it. There was a void left behind that I had to fill, so I picked up the nearest rock and put it in the hole where my heart used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 09:52 PM

385 posts, read 859,056 times
Quote:
Yup, I feel that way when I look at my mom, or myself. F*** everybody else and all the "love" BS!

You men know you're with your women because you want regular sex, and you ladies know you're with your husbands because he's your retirement plan. Plain and simple.

It's very noble that you care so much for a non blood relative, however, guys like you are setting yourselves up to be emotionally devastated; it's only a matter of time.

you must have been hurt very bad at one point in your life to be feeling so bitter, may Buddha bless you with understanding and forgiveness.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
How dare you speak the truth, it's 2011, thats blasphemy.

There was a time, when I gave a woman my heart, and she destroyed it. There was a void left behind that I had to fill, so I picked up the nearest rock and put it in the hole where my heart used to be.
Exactly.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
I've never felt this before.. I'm only 20, though.

I *have*, at points, felt quite strong affection for a few people that did not return the same feelings, or probably will not return them. Not lust, but actual affection. A story or two for another time.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I've never felt this before.. I'm only 20, though.

I *have*, at points, felt quite strong affection for a few people that did not return the same feelings, or probably will not return them. Not lust, but actual affection. A story or two for another time.
Lust is usually short lived. True affection grows and gives you something to build upon.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Lust is usually short lived. True affection grows and gives you something to build upon.
Lust doesn't last 4 years (and end horribly, this was the first case) and it doesn't usually last 2 years either. Ah, well.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times
Quote:
Lust doesn't last 4 years (and end horribly, this was the first case) and it doesn't usually last 2 years either. Ah, well.
Sure you can pinch my butt.... but can you listen to me? How about I listen to you? If we can communicate she has a leg up on her competition. Not a leg, a MILE!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 PM

385 posts, read 859,056 times
Quote:
your only 20 years old? yes?
I would say , your still young, give it a chance, you'll find lasting love someday that will be given back as strongly as it's given. I'm 54 and have been married twice before and this time it's different, it feels different and she returns as good as she gets if not more.
Give your self time, whats the hurry?, you don't have to fall in love every time you go out with some one.
you were in love for a total of 6 years and your only 20, so this means you were around 13 or 14 when you fell in love the first time?, much too young to be in love, not saying you weren't, just saying it's too young.
good luck in your hunt for true love.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
your only 20 years old? yes?
I would say , your still young, give it a chance, you'll find lasting love someday that will be given back as strongly as it's given. I'm 54 and have been married twice before and this time it's different, it feels different and she returns as good as she gets if not more.
Give your self time, whats the hurry?, you don't have to fall in love every time you go out with some one.
you were in love for a total of 6 years and your only 20, so this means you were around 13 or 14 when you fell in love the first time?, much too young to be in love, not saying you weren't, just saying it's too young.
good luck in your hunt for true love.

Which is why I don't let it bother me too much.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:54 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:

I for one believe that what the OP is feeling is a very natural and normal part of being totally and completely in love, with the one he wants to commit and dedicate himself wholly to, for life, and for better or worse (since he had indicated that she was his fiancee).

^^^^
(Also referencing quoted portion above in bold)

Not true...I have been 100% fully-celibate for over 30 years, and that's not gonna change at all until after I am hopefully wed in holy matrimony, to a future beloved wife. If it is my destiny not to be married at all, then so be it; if that is the case, then I will remain celibate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships