Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymakesmistakes View Post
2mares,

In you opinion what is a reasonable amount of time for reconciliation and how do you think it would proceed?

Got a counseling appt tomorrow.......should be fun! I'm not fond of it, but doing it in hopes of long term solutions......I just need to get her to open her mind to wanting possible reconciliation, because verbally it's not an option.
I dont think it is something you should put a rigid time limit on especially if she has a medical problem. First take care of her mental/emotional difficulties. Dont push it.

I think you are already proceeding. You are keeping communications open yet giving each other space to step back and look at your problems. I think you will know when you reach that point. Or you will know when it will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Well you have 2 kids with her and she is having mental issues. So pretty much you are just going to have to suck it up and go with the flow for now. Devote your energies to yourself and most importantly your KIDS.

I'd be less concerned with yourself and moreso with the kids, the rest will work itself out.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,797,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It's not nothing. She has a lover. Women do not leave their families unless there is another man acting as a safety net. They especially do not leave their young kids, and move out without any means of support, UNLESS there is someone else.

Do some digging, and you will discover the truth here.
This isn't true most times. My xSIL separated from my brother and gave him the son. A few months later she left the daughter as well.

My girlfriend dated a guy and his wife left him. She left him with a 3yr and 10yr sons. This woman won't pay child support.

It's a new day people. Women are leaving their families. They are leaving their young children with the dad. No lover and nothing is wrong. She doesn't want to be married and a mother anymore.

A man will display this behavior any day of the week. Why not a woman.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Let me get this straight:

-You started dating her when she was 23 years old

-Before you dated her, she had already been in 2 marriages and been divorced twice.

It's 1 thing to be divorced at age 23 (maybe she was too young and realized it), but it's another if she already got married twice by age 23 and both marriages failed. That is a huge red flag.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
I'm sorry I don't have anything to offer. Posts like this make me understand why many cultures have arranged marriages.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
You got the kids and lost the wife? Shoot. That happened to me, I would be the happiest dude on Earth!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
This isn't true most times. My xSIL separated from my brother and gave him the son. A few months later she left the daughter as well.

My girlfriend dated a guy and his wife left him. She left him with a 3yr and 10yr sons. This woman won't pay child support.

It's a new day people. Women are leaving their families. They are leaving their young children with the dad. No lover and nothing is wrong. She doesn't want to be married and a mother anymore.

A man will display this behavior any day of the week. Why not a woman.
Generalize or rationalize much?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:47 PM

103 posts, read 226,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Yup. I'd at least hire a detective and get to the truth. I'd also want to know why she is such a runaway bride. Frankly, with that kind of marital record, unless she's willing to make some serious changes, I'd run and not look back.
He kicked her out, he freely admits to doing and saying things to push her away, she is at the house all day most days, I think she got tired of the drama, they need to try couples counselling

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
This is a thread from 2011. The OP moved on years ago. Why are you going around resurrecting dead threads?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:50 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It's not nothing. She has a lover. Women do not leave their families unless there is another man acting as a safety net. They especially do not leave their young kids, and move out without any means of support, UNLESS there is someone else.

Do some digging, and you will discover the truth here.
This is one of the most insightful things a woman has ever said on CD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships