Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

326 posts, read 813,532 times

Advertisements

you guys are right i needa stop setting myself up like this and i do have some low self esteem issues so that may be it,i always thought good sex would make a man want to stay i think im just desperate for love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,102,333 times
Tweety, there's nothing wrong with good sex. There's nothing wrong with a one-night stand, either. I believe in getting the sexual tension "out of the way" so you can get to know the real person, but you have to do it differently than you have been. When you're just going for the sex, then don't be looking for a commitment (and please take care of your own protection). There are men who don't judge a woman based on whether they can get to play baseball with her (the bases) - it just is - and it doesn't mean that man will judge you cheap, easy, or whatever. But to find those men who don't base a woman's worth on the state of her vagina, you have to set your bar a whole lot higher than you have been.

Thugs are just that, thugs. If that's what you really want, then forget commitment or a relationship other than booty call. We women have to start valuing our whole selves a lot more. A vagina is no different than a dick - it's just a body part that can bring pleasure. But you've got another 98% of you - your brain, heart, compassion, energy, friendship - those are much more valuable attributes. When you put a higher price on those, you will find the thugs just aren't what you're looking for.

Give it a shot, it won't hurt.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM

164 posts, read 211,323 times
Here's what I think.
1) I think you need to look for a guy that is not married or in any other relationship ... duh
Saying you can't rezist these guys... is retarded. Think about it this way... these guys are with somebody else and are cheating on them with you. So why would you want to be with them??? Really now??? They are ****wits that cheat on their poor wifes.
2) Good sex is important... but it alone will not keep anybody around (male or female). Not in the long run... sure a guy might stay with you for sex for a while... but eventually he will move on. You need to heave a serious bound with somebody before they want to be with you for the long run. duh
3) You need to solve your inner problems(low self esteem, attraction to maried men etc.) before you can solve your outer problems(men not wanting to stick around).
4) Try dating single men... you will no longer be the mistress. duh

Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 PM

326 posts, read 813,532 times
thnks for all the advice

Old 02-17-2011, 10:17 PM

72 posts, read 106,069 times
Try not having sex with a new partner until a month after you meet him. Believe me, all these guys will give up on you after a week and go find someone new. The guy that does stick around is actually interested in you as a person.

Also earlier you said these guys were perfect for you except they were already taken. Well no, if you had found them first then they would be the ones cheating on you with other women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships