Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times

Advertisements

Yeah, like some other people have said, unless the person is at one extreme end of a spectrum, like a convicted pedohile or a Nobel Prize winner, I try to take what they do for a living or how successful or beautiful/ugly they are with a grain of salt, and rather base my opinion of them of the person inside. For example, the smartest guy I know here in Austin--a big college town!--is a truck driver who looks like Larry the Cable Guy. He has a Ph.D in Nautical Engineering and at one time was a bigshot boat designer for CHrisCraft. He's a MENSA member with an IQ of 170. But he has a southern accent and smells like a goat and most people who met him wouldn't think he could spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t.
On the other hand, during my music days as a sesssion drummer. I met and hung-out with some of the biggest names in the rock music industry; guys with tons of money and houses and cars and women. And alot of those guys were the biggest, shallowest, just plain dumbest mofos on God's green earth. Guys I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire.
Ooops, guess that last statement was kinda judgemental of me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

[font=Verdana]Where do you draw the line?
Lao's "Exit Only" rule is where I draw the line. Exit only.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:57 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I mean that your most common complaint (in posts) seems to be about people having a poor opinion of you and your approach to life. If you truly accept what you do why bother worrying what others may think or call you?

I understand that others won’t conform to my view, but what can I say... it bothers me that they can’t just accept others as they are a little more. I am surrounded by judgmental people – not just friends and/or family, just everyday people - and I feel like I am going crazy. Like I am on my own here. I wish people would dig a little deeper before tarring people with a certain brush.

I don’t give a crapola what anyone thinks of me, despite what you may believe. The only one who needs to accept me is me.

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 02-16-2011 at 09:16 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Very open minded, but I have observed that I am one in a million kind, most people I come across are extremely judgmental, even before they know anything about me.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:13 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Very open minded, but I have observed that I am one in a million kind, most people I come across are extremely judgmental
Precisely what I’m talking about, hh! Feel like I’m totally on my own.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Everyone judges. Not everyone is harshly critical of people, but we all make judgment calls about people based on what we know or think we know of them. Everyone is judgmental.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I don't know if I would have a problem with people who are into beastiality... I mean as long as they aren't harming small animals, and the large animals of similar size as humans seem to enjoy the interspecies mating, I don't know if I would care. Maybe there is some abuse potential that I'm not aware of but I don't think animals have sexual hangups in the same way as humans.
w t f ?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
On some issues, I'm pretty open-minded. On others, I'm a Neanderthal.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Everyone judges. Not everyone is harshly critical of people, but we all make judgment calls about people based on what we know or think we know of them. Everyone is judgmental.

I'll even go one step further and say I can be discriminating!

Just because you judge or discriminate doesn't mean you can't understand another person's life choice. I judge that it isn't right for me but fine (as long as it's legal) with it as long as it doesn't affect me.

Btw, more people should be discriminating about friends, lovers, etc...
would save a lot of trouble but no juicy threads for me to judge!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 PM

817 posts, read 811,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Precisely what I’m talking about, hh! Feel like I’m totally on my own.
And when that's extended to judge a whole race of people, that makes that person a racist IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships