Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wear clothing with the specific intent of "turning on" men? (S.O. / husbands exclu
I'm single, and no 10 20.83%
I'm single, and yes, but only on special occasions (e.g. when I go to a club) 2 4.17%
I'm single, sometimes 5 10.42%
I'm single, regularly 0 0%
I'm single, all the time 0 0%
I have a partner, no 13 27.08%
I have a partner, only on special occasions 2 4.17%
I have a partner, sometimes 5 10.42%
I have a partner, regularly 5 10.42%
I have a partner, all the time 2 4.17%
I'm a guy 3 6.25%
I'm an animal 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times

Advertisements

Do you wear clothes with the intention of provoking a sexual response in the opposite sex?

I'm not talking about wearing a top that happens to show cleavage or tight jeans because they are "cute", that's what you happen to have available, or most clothing that fits you is that way. I'm asking whether you wear such clothes to TURN ON men (other than your significant other)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 12:03 AM

343 posts, read 524,215 times
I voted single and no.

However, I do like to look good so it might turn men on.
You don't have to be blatantly sexy either. Once I went to a bar dressed conservatively and couldn't believe the attention I got when the other girls I was with wore typical bar (ho) clothes.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 AM

754 posts, read 1,448,999 times
I don't think I fit the options you have. I dress the way I feel, if I'm feeling sexy then I'll wear something that makes me feel sexy. I don't do it to get attention from men, in my experience men will stare at you in pretty much anything LOL.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Good thread!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Yes, I'm aware of what I'm wearing and I think I have a pretty good idea of what men "like"...well some anyway.

I know you stated "tight jeans" don't count, but I started wearing skinny jeans because of the overwhelming positive responses I received from my husband and other men. My husband would prefer me to look "hot" than conservative, or even worse...frumpy.

I buy & wear fitted shirts and dresses that show off my figure. I don't necessarily show off a lot of skin, but I don't need to...it's implied.

And I just so happen to love high heels & boots that drive men wild. I must be doing something right when my girlfriends tell me they went out and bought specific boots/heels because their husbands loved what I was wearing.

So yes, I try and dress to be appealing to men, but I do it in a subtle way. (And my husband isn't complaining! It took him years to get me to this point. )

Old 03-04-2011, 05:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I'm married and voted "sometimes." There are times when I dress more conservatively (like when I go to the office) or for utility/comfort (all-day shopping trips, exercise). I think I look feminine and not frumpy, but I don't think I look particularly sexy. For example, I went to the office yesterday and wore black trousers, a white button-up shirt, a grey cardigan with flowers on it, and my good black loafers because I had to go up and down stairs several times. No skirt, no heels, no cleavage. I do wear skirts when it's warmer, but I keep the sexy vibe low to nonexistent where I work.

Other times, particularly when I go somewhere with my husband, I turn it up because I want him to be proud that I'm his wife.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
I have a BF, and I voted no. I think you can dress nice and not look like a bar fly and not to conservative. I was taught, leave it to the imagination and that you don't place all your goods in the the window, you want someone to get to know the shopkeeper...lol

Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 AM

123 posts, read 256,652 times
I always dressed sexy, even i was single or with a partner...well especially when I am in a relationship. I consider that you can dress sexy without being vulgar. I voted yes,regularly with a partner

Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I'm single so I do dress sexy alot. Plus I hit the gym 5 days a week so I like to show my hard work off. However, I go either sexy on top and jeans or sexy on bottom with top covered. Unless I'm hitting a hot club, then I'm all out, lol..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
I always try to look good when I leave the house, but it's for me. It's not in the hopes that someone notices.. I just like looking good. If someone notices and gets turned on, that's on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships