Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see yourselfs?
Totally independent from men 18 46.15%
Mostlly independent from men 16 41.03%
A little independent from men 3 7.69%
Mostlly dependent on men 1 2.56%
Totally dependent on men 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,471,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
As I said earlier... I don't blame anyone for anything. I just notices an ilogical pattern and I am now investigating it.
If I would have notices this pattern in the males on this forum... I would be questioning them now(instead of the gals). To me the concept of women and men being independent from one another is idiotic and ilogical.

The pattern of males on this forum is the same as you in that YOU ALL HATE WOMEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:23 PM

164 posts, read 211,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
What the ****? You're pissing me off now. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood. Of course if someone is with another someone, they will depend on each other. That's what relationships are made of. But you're not asking that. You're asking how many of us are independent of men. There are alot of us either by choice or circumstances.
Stay calm... calm now.... don't get angry... calm... calm... okay... great job
Now getting back to the subject: We have diferent definition of "considering yourself independent".
Your definition is having to deal with a situation in which life has put you in... and have no male help.
My definition is considering you can do better without male help.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
The pattern of males on this forum is the same as you in that YOU ALL HATE WOMEN.
I don't hate women. I'm just conducting a ****ing study... what is so hard to understand in that?????

Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,210,876 times
Quote:
Are you not a young man?

Quote:
I see most women like to think of themselfs as "independent" (such bull ****)

Very young it would appear.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,139,619 times
Quote:
My opinion is neither males or females are independent of each other. But as I see most women like to think of themselfs as "independent" (such bull ****)
I think that YOU have a problem with the possibility that your girlfriend could leave you. Hence your jealous rage at another guy flirting with her. So you'd like to wish and think that your girlfriend is totally dependent on you.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,030,857 times
I voted mostly independent because somethimes I need to call a man/friend to fix something or carry/lift something heavy.

A lot of times I know HOW to fix something, but I am not strong enough to do it myself.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that YOU have a problem with the possibility that your girlfriend could leave you. Hence your jealous rage at another guy flirting with her. So you'd like to wish and think that your girlfriend is totally dependent on you.
BINGO... and here I tought nobody will notice

Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,210,876 times
Quote:
I don't hate women. I'm just conducting a ****ing study... what is so hard to understand in that?????
Quote:
most women like to think of themselfs as "independent" (such bull ****)

THIS is what your attitude is when you’re conducting a study?

Old 02-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I voted mostly independent because somethimes I need to call a man/friend to fix something or carry/lift something heavy.

A lot of times I know HOW to fix something, but I am not strong enough to do it myself.
Nice answer unlike some people here that tend to not focus on topic

Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 PM

946 posts, read 2,917,360 times
I think your question has to be worded differently, it's kind of confusing. Noone can be "emotionally" independent from another human being, we're wired to crave intimacy and affection. Only someone else can give us that (and then again, those needs can be satisfied in different ways). But a lot of women are financially independent from men. There are also a lot of women who because of life circumstances find themselves alone (i.e. a widow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships