Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:41 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Hey y'all, I've been avoiding the relationships board for awhile, mostly because I haven't had a lot of romantic interests going on in my personal life but I have new news: to make a long story short, I let this guy I've been dating touch me down there for the first time last night, no clothes were off, just my panties...I told him I didn't want to be just a "fling" for him & he told me that he wanted me for more than that, we've been talking since November & I feel like he was honest & that I can be myself around him...I just didn't want to feel slutty. That's all that's happened, the most we've done is kiss/make out. No other fooling around, etc. etc. He's 10 yrs older than I am & much more experienced & comfortable with exploring his sexuality than I am (I'm in my early '20s, he's in his early '30s) & he says he knows women have needs/desires too & he's not judging me for it...he's kind of a liberal guy, & I'm somewhat traditional (even though letting him feel me up wasn't a "nice girl" thing to do) Was it slutty/wrong of me that I let him touch me & he fondled my breasts (albeit clothed) a little bit? & do you think he really doesn't believe in the double standard for women?
Be careful that you don't let him write checks you really don't wanna cash!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I don't agree and I'm not into playing games. I've always talked to all the men I've dated and watched how they treated me and situations around them. Also talked to them about their life and goals. Gave me an idea on what type of person they were. Of course I don't hold a talking marathon with them or a deep complex conversation with them either. Most of the time it's just casual talk.

I don't agree with the cat and mouse game but that's just me.
I do agree in having conversations, but having "the talk" (where is this going) right after fooling around ....

He can tell her he is going to love her forever, and then have sex and dissapear.

I personally have never got a man to take any relationship to the next level by talking. Men do not understand words, they understand NO CONTACT. When they do not feel pressured, it is easier to see where they are coming from.

JMO

Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Get busy doing other things and do not worry about it.
I agree with this. Keep yourself busy and let things between both of you come natural. Don't sit by the phone and wait for him to call. Live your life.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I do agree in having conversations, but having "the talk" (where is this going) right after fooling around ....

He can tell her he is going to love her forever, and then have sex and dissapear.

I personally have never got a man to take any relationship to the next level by talking. Men do not understand words, they understand NO CONTACT. When they do not feel pressured, it is easier to see where they are coming from.

JMO
I understand what you're saying. Yeah, I would wait awhile and take it slowly and keep busy and see where it goes.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:52 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Is he married?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Is he married?
No, not at all. He is older than me though, he's in his '30s & I'm in my '20s. That was one of my concerns, the age difference. We are both single & childless, lol.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Thanks max's mama, I feel like you're the only one who's getting me right now.
I understand the feeling of uncertainty, so I do want to bring up few points.

First of all, observe his actions. Do you feel like he is treating you in the way that you want to be treated? Does he show you the respect and attention that you need or do you feel like it's lacking something?

Be open and up front with him. I'm not a fan of hiding your feelings, he needs to know about your nagging feeling of uncertainty. Don't forget that he is much older than you and probably is used to a more experienced woman. It's not a bad thing, but he may not be totally on board with waiting as long as you need to.

Lastly, life is nothing without risks. I'm assuming that due to lack of experience, even if a guy is amazing, you will still be afraid that he only wants you for sex. You can't do this to yourself, sometimes in life you need to take risks. If a man is the right man for you, go with your gut and take chances.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
No, not at all. He is older than me though, he's in his '30s & I'm in my '20s. That was one of my concerns, the age difference. We are both single & childless, lol.
I wouldn't worry about the age, men usually mature slower than women. You decide if, when and/or how. If he really cares about you, he will wait. If he won't wait, and tries to push you, he has an agenda. Don't let anyone tell/make you do anything, with your body, or anything else.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 PM

"Lastly, life is nothing without risks. I'm assuming that due to lack of experience, even if a guy is amazing, you will still be afraid that he only wants you for sex. You can't do this to yourself, sometimes in life you need to take risks. If a man is the right man for you, go with your gut and take chances."

There are an awful lot of women, raising children alone, who felt the same way. For every 100 men who said; if you love me, you will (fill in the blank), 99 left.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
"Lastly, life is nothing without risks. I'm assuming that due to lack of experience, even if a guy is amazing, you will still be afraid that he only wants you for sex. You can't do this to yourself, sometimes in life you need to take risks. If a man is the right man for you, go with your gut and take chances."

There are an awful lot of women, raising children alone, who felt the same way. For every 100 men who said; if you love me, you will (fill in the blank), 99 left.
Don't be ridiculous. I'm not advising her to run off and have unprotected sex. As far as I know he hasn't given her that ultimatum.

And I want to see a link for that statistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships