Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 PM

8 posts, read 30,979 times

Advertisements

Met a girl and been going out as "friends" for the last 3 weeks, Iv'e been interested in going out with her as more than friends but she seemed to give mixed messages abotu what she wants. Finally on the 4th week she comes out and says she likes me alot and has "fallen for me" and didn't know she couldv'e developed such feelings for me but it's happened, but she is so confused because she's come out of a ****ty relationship and has no idea what to think about what. Then she tells me she doesn't wan't me to wait for her to be ready and to find someone who will make her happy. i tell her without sounding desparate that I think we have something really great going and I don't mind giving her space and time to work herself out and that I'd like to take things as slow as she want's. She still seems reluctant and thinks I shouldn't bother waiting for her. Now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,948 times
Sounds like she's not really sure how she feels. If she just got out a bad relationship and is confused, she's probably confused - and you're likely a rebound.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:06 PM

77 posts, read 171,470 times
Basically, she said don't wait for her, the only part she left out is she's not interested and going back with her loser ex. sorry fella

Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC10000 View Post
Met a girl and been going out as "friends" for the last 3 weeks, Iv'e been interested in going out with her as more than friends but she seemed to give mixed messages abotu what she wants. Finally on the 4th week she comes out and says she likes me alot and has "fallen for me" and didn't know she couldv'e developed such feelings for me but it's happened, but she is so confused because she's come out of a ****ty relationship and has no idea what to think about what. Then she tells me she doesn't wan't me to wait for her to be ready and to find someone who will make her happy. i tell her without sounding desparate that I think we have something really great going and I don't mind giving her space and time to work herself out and that I'd like to take things as slow as she want's. She still seems reluctant and thinks I shouldn't bother waiting for her. Now what?
Don't wait for her. She's messed up right now and you will only provide a small amount of relief and nothing more... until she finally ends all communication with you... then you'll be back her asking what happened.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Women use all kinds of tactics, and can come up with millions of excuses to not want to see a guy anymore. Some like this one are pretty good, letting the guy think she is into you, but really is rejecting you.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM

In an insane world, the sane man must act insane.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,874 times
all women are crazy.

some moreso than others.

your job as a man, is to find the woman with the least amount of crazy in her.

i think you can do better than this one

seriously though, it sounds like she doesnt know what she wants. i wouldnt put too much into her though. at least not at this point, especially if she just got out of a bad/ long relationship

Old 02-22-2011, 05:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
I guess if you really like her you can be there for her as a friend only ,for now.Maybe, after just getting out of a real bad relationship, she can't believe that a man can be so nice to her. Maybe her reluctance is because she doesn't really know if you want to be "just a friend", and that's all she's ready for right now.Her telling you not to bother waiting for her, is probabley her giving you an out ,if you want it.She's been hurt, you can help her heal, and be her friend, or you can walk away.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:03 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
This reminds me of a girl I took out on a first date to dinner. At the end of dinner, she couldn't stop telling me how much fun she had and was so worried I wouldn't call her the next day. She was very convincing. Then the next day came, I called her and got no answer. I tried again a few days later, but no response. Finally I gave up and never heard from her again.

Some girls will tell you exactly what you want to hear, then do the opposite.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM

That must have been some dinner Nolefan lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships