Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Internet emoticon, it's supposed to express heavy laughter. The X is supposed to represent eyes closed tightly from the laughing, and the D is the big mouth :P
Thank you Sir. I have been wondering that for at least a few years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
lmao.. y'all crack me up.... Anyhoo... why don't you just ask her if she would like to officially be your girlfriend / exclusive.. however you want to word it. Geesh... LOL

Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
If you two are that close, just ask her or talk about it.

I have known people who have gotten engaged after dating just a few weeks, and had great marriages that lasted!

If you two have so much in common, and enjoy each other's company that much, just open up and discuss what you want in the future.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
OP, what is the problem with saying, "I'd like for us to be exclusive." It's either that or keep assuming you are and continue to do what the word "assume" says: make an ass out of u and me - By the way, that's pronounced "oo", not "you". You see, it's not a word despite what some nincompoops would have you think.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
It's official when it's facebook official.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:05 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
It's official when it's facebook official.
facebook is for aholes. i know that must mean there's a lot of aholes out there...

Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 10,632 times
Just bring it up to her, if you see her and talk to her all the time it shouldn't be that hard to bring it up. Odds are she already knows you two are exclusive but you don't want to assume something like that.

Or...you could put it on Facebook and see what she says. Lol. I think that idea is pretty funny

Old 02-23-2011, 03:43 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,948 times
You really just have to talk to her. Even if you think there is some action that will SHOW her you want to be in a relationship, she might not catch on. I'm usually pretty cautious about assuming how a guy feels about the 'status' of our relationship.

My bf and I were sort of forced into the talk when his friends kept asking and we were going to some functions together (wedding, baby shower) and we kind of wanted to know how to introduce each other to our respective friends and family. Just do it. It's awkward for maybe 5 seconds then you can move on and be happy!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookniner View Post
So I've been seeing this girl I really like for a few months now.

I feel kind of lame asking about this on a site, but it is tough to ask people I know about this sort of thing. But I have not been a relationship that has lasted more than a couple months, and those are not really relationships. For one thing I am usually the type of person who goes for the score as soon as possible, and never thought it was worth it to pursue any further after I got mine. We pretty much mutually break it off and both go home happy.

But this is so different in many ways, I am taking it very slow and doing everything right thus far. I just don't want to miss out on a great opportunity with an awesome girl.
First off, have you "scored" yet? The reason I ask is because you said so yourself, that after that, you always move on..I think it's too early for you to expect some kind of commitment in this young relationship....I think you should wait awhile and just continue being friends,...what's wrong with that?? What opportunity with this awesome girl do you feel you might miss out on???, I don't understand.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,340,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya, I'm with Hurricane, its not official till its on Facebook! hahaha...

on a serious note...I don't know how it works. My last relationship, I just called him my boyfriend one day and he got super excited to hear that label, but really, I just assumed he was. I guess when it really feels like a relationship, you call it one.
So you drive around and when you spot a guy you just say "boyfriend, get in the car"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships