Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 07:57 AM

131 posts, read 376,948 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

We all came from a different background, culture and country and I am just wondering what is considered normal or rude behavior of men and women in your perspective when it comes to dating and social fun.

Here in the Philippines, most of the time men do the asking. On a date, men do not expect me to give them a smooch on the lips or kiss with tongue action hehe. If someone tries to do that to me especially if he is not my type, for sure he will go home with a black eye. After a date, I usually give them a handshake (yeah boring) and a kiss on the cheek if he’s really nice. And we still have that “courting thing” down here where a man goes to a woman’s house to introduce himself to the parents and also bring flowers and chocolates.

Clubbing or dancing, men will ask you first to dance before they go grinding behind you -_-. Although sometimes they do not ask anymore, you will just feel them dancing with you. Bottom line is they are not very touchy especially if they do not know you or they will get a slap. Men do not expect to have sex with you after 4 dates either. But of course I am only talking about my experience as a single female here; I don’t want to say that everyone back here in the Philippines act and think like I do. I am pretty sure some also kiss their dates or even sleep with them on their first dates and that is considered normal for them. I also have to consider that men and women behave differently with people they like. They might kiss a man on their first date if she's really into him.

When I was in Canada to visit my cousins I was surprised. Men are so aggressive and friendly there to the point I don’t know the difference anymore if they are just being friendly or they are into you. They are really touchy too when it comes to dancing, they are all over you in a short time and I just don’t know how to react. Normally, I would wail and feel harassed I don’t want to react badly because the touching thing might be normal to Canadians and presents a “no big deal” to them.

I just want to know your perspectives regarding this because I am moving soon to Texas and for sure their culture and background are quite different from mine. I want to know what’s normal and considered rude already because it might be embarrassing if I react too much when a man does something to me that seems inappropriate when in reality, its just normal to them.

It would be fun to see your opinions. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships